Am I nuts or is this an okay deal?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
Well, I asked a question about the opposite scenario where the contract was stripped... now here's a case where there is a 50 point contract for OKW (which is my first choice) with 50 points currently available and 50 more coming in June 2006. They want $80 per point.

I thought that seemed high for OKW but since there are currently 50 points available, is that a reasonable price? I know the small contracts go quickly.

We had planned to go for $75 -$76 per point. But for $4 more per point ($200) total, we get 50 extra points.

Maybe it's not a great deal -- but not terrible with the extra points? Or is that way too much for OKW????

What do you think??

Thank you!!!!!!

I don't think it is too much at all. And don't forget you can make an offer. I think this is a great deal especially since OKW is your first choice.

Good luck.

Since it isn't stripped down, IMO it's a decent deal. Smaller contract go for a premium, and ones with current points an additional premium. And as you mentioned with only 50 pts, a couple dollars difference in the per point price isn't going to add that much more.

Don't forget you'll have to add in the approx $193 for '05 MN fees and the closing costs.

Good luck!!! :wizard:

Small contracts don't come around all that often. If the use year and other terms work for you, my advice would be to go for it, especially if you can use or bank the 2005 points before they expire. The "extra $$ " may not be all that significant when you think about the deal as a whole.

Best wishes -

If I was in the market for a small contract and I noticed a 50 point loaded contract at my preferred resort, I would...MAKE THE OFFER...at the asking price I wouldn't wait. The extra $200 just doesn't matter in the long run.

Buy the points and have fun. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I meant to say if you try and offer less, you will most likely get passed by. If you don't take it at $80 per point, someone definately will. Heck, some are paying $80 per point for a stripped contract! (I paid $74 for a stripped one).

Yeah, thinking about it more....I agree. I would offer the asking price. It's the resort you want, the small contract and it isn't stripped. Go for it!!!!
Let us know.

kmc33, I notice a 50 point June OKW contract at TTS website. Is this the contract you're asking about? If it is it's now listed as "Sale Pending", please tell us it was you who made the offer.

That's what a did... agreed to the asking price. My agent said that she could present an offer to the seller, but by the time she does that and then gets back to me that someone else would likely buy it at the asking price.

I truly appreciate all of your responses. After I looked at the ROFR data charts that vascubaguy put together, all of the OKW's that passed were under $80 (and some well under $80). So I thought maybe I was nuts and didn't want my excitement and eagerness to cloud my judgement. :goodvibes

I called up DH, who by the way is the one that wasn't keen on the idea of DVC in the beginning. And he's the one who said that's 50 extra points for only $200 -- GO FOR IT! :teeth: I pointed out to him that it's actually $200+$193 and he still thought it was a good deal.

So, thanks again for all of the feedback. You have comforted me :grouphug: .

It may not be the deal of the year, but I think it's pretty good. And I guess the good news is that I shouldn't need to bite my fingernails until I hear about the ROFR.

:cloud9: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cloud9:

Hip, hip, hooray!!! I will soon be a DVC owner!!!!!
:thewave:

You guys are the best -- Thanks!!! :wave:

DBBN said:
kmc33, I notice a 50 point June OKW contract at TTS website. Is this the contract you're asking about? If it is it's now listed as "Sale Pending", please tell us it was you who made the offer.
That's me!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :wizard:

In a few weeks... we'll be neighbors!!!

Oh and just a note on those on the database that were "well under $80"... they were stripped down contracts with no points until at least '06.

vascubaguy said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :wizard:

In a few weeks... we'll be neighbors!!!
Thank you! Looking forward to it! :wave2:

vascubaguy said:
Oh and just a note on those on the database that were "well under $80"... they were stripped down contracts with no points until at least '06.
Thank you for pointing that out!

By the way, your database is great!! And I love the membership information. I think you are right that this would be helpful to see for so many questions you have before you become a member!

CONGRATULATIONS on a very wise decision.

Congratulations Kim!

In order to see you through ROFR, I will cross my fingers, push my thumbs together, and say my special prayer to the "Disney Gods"! :worship: I don't know if it helps or not but alot of the board members swear by it!

We really do appreciate your doing business with us!

Sincerely,
Tom :earsboy:

In the long run you are not going to regret that you could have gotten a better deal, you would have regretted having someone else buy that contract out from under you. I know, I've been there.

I agonized for weeks, watching resales and reading posts to try and make the best financial decision and get the best deal. Ultimately I surrendered and bought two contracts, that would be considered stripped, at the asking price because they were the size I wanted at the resorts I wanted. In the long run I don't think it will make much difference.

And no buyers remorse here! Any time I feel a twinge of unease I just read the posts on this board and get excited all over again!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter