Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

We are almost to the 9 month mark, which feels like forever but time really is going by quickly! According to my Knot checklist, we are already ahead of the ball game in many areas. :woohoo:

Our PS is only 2 months away, so I am gathering inspiration to take for floral, decor, and the like. Here's what I've come up with so far.

For my bouquet, I want a mix of peonies, roses, and hydrangeas in shades of pink and white. This picture is an almost perfect example, but I want more peonies than roses:

pLWrMpcl.jpg

Here's another picture that includes bridesmaid bouquets as well. I probably want mine wrapped in white, with the girls' bouquets wrapped in pink. I also want to add a starfish charm to my bouquet. :)

Y3R3ODIl.jpg

For Sea Breeze Point, I want to keep it relatively simple. I love the look of the colored ribbon on the stairs, as seen here. I think one flower arrangement on each side (with white hydrangeas and maybe a few pink peonies mixed in) would look pretty as well, but wouldn't be totally necessary. Our ribbon would be in pink and navy.

gJPuOWHl.jpg

For our centerpieces in The Attic, I found this inspiration that I LOVE. It's a great way to incorporate our nautical theme without clashing with the Attic's existing decor:

jHaJKcsl.jpg

But I would want to include some shades of pink in the arrangement. I also kind of like the idea of adding some shells to the bottom, like they do in the centerpieces here:

Eazgtwll.jpg

I'm not sure if that would be over the top when combined with the nautical rope, though.

That's all I have for now. Next post will be cake design ideas. That's the area we are having the toughest time coming up with ideas we agree on!

Since my last update, we are now under the 9 month mark! :woohoo: My upcoming goal in the next few weeks is to get our Save the Dates mailed. The problem with this is that many of our guests are from a very small town where word travels… so that makes holding off on sending them to our "secondary" invite list kind of tricky. Would it be an issue if someone didn’t get a STD but later got a wedding invitation? Any advice?

Really, we're ahead of schedule in a lot of the planning. The main things we need to do before our PS are to decide on a couple of cake options and make our preliminary music selections. Easier said than done! We are having a pretty tough time choosing a cake design we both really like. Josh really prefers a simpler style, and he wants Disney's standard Happily Ever After cake. I also really like that cake, but I'm hung up on incorporating our theme/colors or personalizing the cake in some way. I THINK I found a nice compromise, though.

Here are some of the cake styles I've found that I like.

JdEuS4vl.jpg

I love this cake! I think it's beautiful…but Josh doesn't really care for it. I would request a darker shade of blue. It doesn't necessarily match our theme, though.

yDWeMDel.jpg

This is a pretty cake and in our wedding colors. But I don't like the flowers on the top tier.

5uvJjpJl.jpg

Very pretty! But I have a feeling it would be expensive since it's so detailed…

sirB24el.jpg

This cake uses one of our wedding colors, but I don't like the plain white middle tier. I wonder if they could write "Happily Ever After" on it.

Ghu0E3xl.jpg

This Mad Hatter style on display at Franck's is so pretty! I would ask if the colors could be customized. I wonder if this could be made as a regular style cake – does anyone know?

QZQeJnIl.jpg

A customized, sparkly version of the Happily Ever After cake. Maybe this could be a compromise for us. The style Josh really likes, with a little more pizazz for me. :)

Thankfully, in terms of cake flavors and fillings, we are mostly in consensus about what we like and dislike. Obviously we won't decide until after our tasting, but we tend to gravitate toward the more traditional flavors. It's disappointing that they lowered the number of fillings we can sample, though. :( I am definitely a sweet tooth and don't usually care for fruit in my desserts, which is obvious in our choices. Haha! I am a buttercream lover and loyalist, so I was pleased to see whipped icing isn't even an option. :rotfl2: Seriously, cake is just a tasty holder for frosting as far as I'm concerned!

Here are our cake and filling selections:

Cake Flavors
*Almond
*Yellow
*Marble
*Red Velvet

Fillings
*Buttercream
*Peanut Butter Cup
*White Chocolate Mousse
*Cream Cheese

Really wish we could try the Bavarian cream, Amaretto, German chocolate, and peanut butter cream cheese. There are just too many delicious sounding options! :lmao:

We've also finalized our tasting selections and have a preliminary planning trip schedule. I'll post that in my next update. It's only 8 weeks away, but it feels like it will never get here. I'm so excited!

You should ask your planner/assistant if buttercream will be automatically supplied - it was for us and a few other PS I saw, but we also squeaked in before they limited the amount of cake you could try. My planner said it was automatically included with the intent of mixing it with every cake/mousse combo, is it's used on all cakes. If so, you could swap it out for another flavor!

I don't see why they couldn't replicate a design on a non-Mad Hatter cake. Ask!

I don't know how I missed your floral-spiration - it's beautiful! I especially love the ribbons on the steps of SBP, I think that will be so elegant and simple.

In love with your story, following along :)

For what it's worth : you MAY want to take a close look at the silk flowers for your personal floral. My sister had a beautiful peony bouquet for her wedding and the thing practically melted within an hour of the ceremony being done. I'll be looking at silks for that very reason :)

Love the pink and navy together! Probably not colors I would ever have thought to put together, but they really go beautifully!

I'll be following along! :)

It looks like you'll be well prepared for your planning session, we've had half of our one and still not really thought about floral and decoration very much yet! Cake is such a hard one too, of everything so far I think that has been by far the most difficult choice. It's tricky because there's so many great options. Definitely ask your planner about cake styles, they're so happy to try and help accommodate things like that.

Congratulations on finding the dress too! You look so happy with it, it's easy to tell that's the one.

You should ask your planner/assistant if buttercream will be automatically supplied - it was for us and a few other PS I saw, but we also squeaked in before they limited the amount of cake you could try. My planner said it was automatically included with the intent of mixing it with every cake/mousse combo, is it's used on all cakes. If so, you could swap it out for another flavor!

I don't know how I missed your floral-spiration - it's beautiful! I especially love the ribbons on the steps of SBP, I think that will be so elegant and simple.
Oooh! Thanks for the head's up! I'll have to bug them about that. I really want to try that amaretto filling. Haha! The SBP ribbons are my favorite part too. :)

In love with your story, following along :)

For what it's worth : you MAY want to take a close look at the silk flowers for your personal floral. My sister had a beautiful peony bouquet for her wedding and the thing practically melted within an hour of the ceremony being done. I'll be looking at silks for that very reason :)

Welcome! :) Thanks for the insight into the peonies. I will definitely mention that at my PS! I know another bride mentioned having silk peonies among her other natural flowers. That might be something to consider... then at least a small part of the bouquet could be taken home with me.

Love the pink and navy together! Probably not colors I would ever have thought to put together, but they really go beautifully!

I'll be following along! :)

I never would have considered it either, but I saw some other weddings that had used it and thought it looked fabulous. The magic of Pinterest! :)

It looks like you'll be well prepared for your planning session, we've had half of our one and still not really thought about floral and decoration very much yet! Cake is such a hard one too, of everything so far I think that has been by far the most difficult choice. It's tricky because there's so many great options. Definitely ask your planner about cake styles, they're so happy to try and help accommodate things like that.

Congratulations on finding the dress too! You look so happy with it, it's easy to tell that's the one.

I think cake is difficult because there are so many options to choose from, and it's one of the best ways to personalize your wedding to you! Plus, TV shows like Cake Boss have given me very unrealistic expectations on what cake should look like. :lmao: And thank you! Finding my dress was the aspect I worried about most. It's a relief that it came about fairly easily. :)

I've been neglecting my PJ! Work has been crazy and the classes I'm taking this semester are very time consuming too. An update to my engagement photo/wedding weight loss goal – I have officially lost 10 pounds! :woohoo: I'd like to lose 10 more by my first fitting (20 total).

The other big news is that we leave in 17 days for our planning session! (Going to Disney at food and wine time probably isn't the best for my weight loss, though…) Here is a preliminary schedule of our trip.

Thursday, October 9:
Flight arrives in Orlando at 9 a.m.
Magical Express to Coronado Springs
Probably a QS lunch at our hotel
That evening: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – including the Villains' Sinister Soiree. I'm such a sucker! The good news is that our party tickets were purchased with reward dollars from our Disney Visa. I'm going to wear a Donald Duck inspired dress and hat. Josh’s costume is still TBD. He waits until the last minute for everything, lol.

Friday, October 10:
Most likely a QS breakfast at Coronado
9 am-1 pm: Planning session at Franck's
2:30 pm-4:30 pm: Menu tasting at BoardWalk Inn
4:30-6 pm: Explore the BoardWalk (this may involve getting a manicure at the Beach/Yacht Club spa)
That evening: Epcot food and wine festival
8:30 pm: Dinner reservation at Coral Reef (our first time eating here!)

Saturday, October 11:
Morning: Magic Kingdom. We didn’t get Anna/Elsa FP, but we did manage to get one for the Mine Train!
11:30 am: Lunch at Be Our Guest. We were invited to be part of the FP+ test for lunch here. Score!
5 pm: Dinner reservation at Sanaa. I LOVE indian food so I am excited about trying the food here!
Evening: Head to Epcot for more food and wine fun. Probably head back to the hotel somewhat early.

Sunday, October 12:
7 am-9 am: Sleep in a little
10 am-12 pm: Hair and makeup trial with Beaute Speciale
Free time: I may get a quick manicure at the CSR salon if I haven’t gotten one already.
2:30 pm: Our photographer, Michael, picks us up for our engagement pictures!
2:45-10 pm: Shoot engagement pictures, beginning at the Boardwalk. Key Spots: photo booth, balloons on the boardwalk, beach area, Beaches and Cream, Canada garden area, Grand Floridian, Poly (depending on construction), Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes shots from a monorail resort TBD.

Monday, October 13:
Morning: Hollywood Studios!
12:35 pm: Lunch reservation at 50's Prime Time Café. This is also our first time eating here – seems to be the theme of the trip!
Afternoon: Back to hotel, hopefully time for a nap.
4 pm-12 am: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, part deux. I was so concerned about missing out on party activities due to the dessert party that I decided we should go twice. Again, these tickets were purchased with reward dollars before you judge me. Haha

Tuesday, October 14:
Check out of CSR
8:45 am: Breakfast reservation at Tusker House. MY FAVORITE! I love the jungle juice. I should ask to have it at our reception.
Morning/Early afternoon: Animal Kingdom visit
Head back to Coronado to board Magical Express.
9:30 pm: Flight leaves MCO. The next day at work is going to be a long one… but it's worth it!

I also just realized that I haven't posted our menu tasting selections. I won't be trying the meat items (I'm a vegetarian), but I knew we had to at least include some on our buffet. I didn't realize initially how much you could customize your menu, either... so we went off of a mix between the Briar Rose and Tinkerbell brunch buffet menus when making our selections.

Menu Tasting Choices:
  • Grilled Chicken Breast with Citrus and Basil Butter Sauce
  • Penne Pasta with Cognac Cream Sauce, Artichoke, and Green Peas
  • Oven-roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Braised Fennel and Parmesan Cheese
  • Brioche French Toast with Caramelized Bananas Foster and Whipped Cream
  • Pasta with Wild Mushrooms, Roasted Tomatoes Confit, Spinach, and Asiago Cream Sauce
  • Wild Berry and Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crêpes served with Vanilla Bean Sauce and Mandarin Oranges
  • Cheese Blintzes with Blueberry Compote
  • Maple Ginger-lacquered Roasted and Pressed Pork Loin with Fig Compote

Phew! That's a lengthy update. Next up I'll include some of the hair and makeup inspiration photos I’ve saved to show Beaute Speciale. :)

Ahh we have so many similar plans! We might even be crossing at the airport when arriving (though we don't get in till later). We'll of course be on the Boardwalk on Sunday ;), but also MNSSHP Monday and AK Tuesday. I love it!!

Your menu looks divine. I never considered trying the crepes because I knew we'd be cutting them no matter what. Of course, I loved the pasta with mushrooms and the french toast (we chose to keep just the banana foster sauce to use on our Mickey waffles) and our chef at the Boardwalk said the pork is his favorite dish of the brunch offerings. I can't wait to read what you end up with!

Looks like you have some really tasty dishes to try out! It's making me hungry just looking at your choices:cloud9:

I love the places you've chosen to dine at during your trip. I love Sanaa and Coral Reef, the atmosphere at both is amazing. Sanna has really tasty food, I can't wait to get a chance to eat there again. Maybe you'll get lucky and get to see the scuba divers at Coral Reef, it's always fun to wave to them.

Ahh we have so many similar plans! We might even be crossing at the airport when arriving (though we don't get in till later). We'll of course be on the Boardwalk on Sunday ;), but also MNSSHP Monday and AK Tuesday. I love it!!

Your menu looks divine. I never considered trying the crepes because I knew we'd be cutting them no matter what. Of course, I loved the pasta with mushrooms and the french toast (we chose to keep just the banana foster sauce to use on our Mickey waffles) and our chef at the Boardwalk said the pork is his favorite dish of the brunch offerings. I can't wait to read what you end up with!

How fun! I'm so hoping that we may bump into you and Kevin after your reception. :) I had to laugh at their comment on the menu selection form to avoid dishes we're familiar with, simply because I probably would have requested Mickey waffles just because I like them so much. LOL! I bet they're even better with banana foster sauce. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

Looks like you have some really tasty dishes to try out! It's making me hungry just looking at your choices:cloud9:

I love the places you've chosen to dine at during your trip. I love Sanaa and Coral Reef, the atmosphere at both is amazing. Sanna has really tasty food, I can't wait to get a chance to eat there again. Maybe you'll get lucky and get to see the scuba divers at Coral Reef, it's always fun to wave to them.

I'm so excited about trying both of those places! I'm glad to hear you recommend them, especially Sanaa. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now but never seemed to make it out to AKL. It's probably the wedding diet talking, but I'm looking forward to this trip almost as much for the food as I am for our planning session. :rotfl:

Well, have only have 12 days until we leave for our PS trip! It will be a whirlwind as we make last minute preparations, and we prepare to miss work and classes for a few days. The only major change to our schedule so far is that I managed to score a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest for our first night, before the Halloween party begins! :) I am still waiting to hear from our planner when the Attic will be available for us to view.

I am preparing my inspiration photos to show Beaute Speciale during my trial. For my hair, I know I want an updo. I absolutely hate having my hair in my face, and I want it up and out of the way. I naturally have thick, curly hair but I am going to have a Brazilian blowout smoothing treatment done before we leave. That way, my hair will be straight or wavy fairly easily. I really like the look of an intricate braided updo, like this one on my girl crush (lol) Kate Middleton:

5VcTcs3l.png

This one is pretty similar, but I think I might like the look of the braiding just a little more:
ea2kkf3l.jpg

I'm not sure how BS usually works it, but if they are willing to take the trial down and style it a little differently before they leave, I might ask for something like this for our engagement photos (and so Josh doesn’t see my updo!):
hdZeaobl.jpg

Finding good makeup inspiration has been much harder. I really don't like wearing anything too heavy, but I still want to be made up enough to stand out in photos and last all day. I also want to look more made up than I do on any other day.

This isn't quite heavy enough, but a general enough idea of the nice matte, neutral shades I usually prefer:
ZA8h1OJl.jpg

This might be good inspiration too, as I'm fair with dark hair:
vMx41NOl.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't find a better quality photo of this anywhere! But I like the violet eyes (looks good with brown eyes) and pretty pink lip:
xW5XCK5l.jpg

I may just give BS a general idea of what I want and let them work their magic. I'm sure they'll know what looks good more than me!

Also, a quick update on our cake situation… an awesome fellow DisBrides on Facebook gave me a great idea to merge the traditional Happily Ever After cake with one of our favorite rides (Mad Tea Party). Basically, add bright fondant teacups (in either our wedding colors or their traditional ones) to the white backdrop of the Ever After cake. That gives it a little personal pizazz. We'll discuss that at our PS, I guess. Does anyone know if they usually provide sketches or anything of custom cakes?

I love your hairspiration, it's very romantic and fairytale like (and you can't go wrong with the Dutchess!) Beaute has so many good reviews of their work that I'm sure they can take one picture and run with it and change it however you like.

I'm not sure if they provide you with cake drawings - perhaps if you ask?

We leave so soon!! I can't wait!

Also, a quick update on our cake situation… an awesome fellow DisBrides on Facebook gave me a great idea to merge the traditional Happily Ever After cake with one of our favorite rides (Mad Tea Party). Basically, add bright fondant teacups (in either our wedding colors or their traditional ones) to the white backdrop of the Ever After cake. That gives it a little personal pizazz. We'll discuss that at our PS, I guess. Does anyone know if they usually provide sketches or anything of custom cakes?

We're doing a custom cake but it's probably different with us because we submitted the sketch to Disney! We got some feedback on it in terms of what they can and can't do with colours due to Florida humidity and the bright hot lights in event spaces but other than that our understanding is that it is in. It appears on the BEO at present as 'custom' but that's about all the acknowledgement we've got so far, we haven't got a complete BEO or heard back from Disney Floral since our planning session yet so we'll see. Definitely worth an ask though! If you want more control over the look of the cake I'd suggest doing as we did and having someone sketch it for you and providing that to Disney to run with, they may not do it exactly the same but they can do a lot with a little inspiration. One little spark!

Planning Session Trip Report

Day 1, Part 1: Travel and the Attic

Our alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 3:15 a.m. to catch our flight at 6:25. Thanks to having to run by an ATM and the security line being unusually long, we ended up running late. We got to the gate right at the end of the Southwest B group, so I was relieved we hadn’t bothered paying for the early bird check-in. It would have been a waste! As I was sitting waiting for takeoff, I emailed our planner Diane again to ask about when the Attic would be available to view.

During the flight, we talked to our seat neighbor about our Disney plans. She and her family were staying at OKW. As tired as I was, I couldn't sleep – I was just too excited! When we arrived at the airport, I discovered that I had left the booklet with our Magical Express vouchers and other coupons at home. Thankfully it was still on our magic bands, so we were able to board Magical Express right away.

XfUwtqQl.jpg

Magical Express selfie. I love you all enough to post my no makeup, glasses selfie. LOL

We waited for probably 15 minutes as other passengers continued to board, and exchanged a string of emails with Diane. The only time we could see the Attic was 11 a.m. that morning. We got to Coronado Springs around 9:40, checked in, booked it to our room to drop off some stuff, and caught a taxi to the Boardwalk. I did snap a few photos on the way.

3Mzum8Ol.jpg

Coronado Springs is very pretty. I would definitely stay here again.

Of course I loved this. :)

We got to the Boardwalk very quickly, and admired the lobby as neither of us had been there before. There was actually a wedding reception starting in the Attic at 12, so we followed the directional signs. Which is a good thing, because I don'’t think we would have found it easily otherwise. I hadn't mentioned it in here, but for the past few weeks, Josh and I were considering moving our reception to Ariel's because we were worried about spacing and having some of the tables outside. I'm so glad we were able to see the Attic in person! Pictures just don't do the space justice. Now I couldn't imagine having our reception anywhere else. I'm completely happy with the decision. Here are a few photos we took:

6CAIytYl.jpg

The placement of the fire extinguisher is a little unfortunate… but I had to get a picture of this sign.

So pretty and cozy. And I LOVE that you can see SBP from the windows!

I don't think I had ever noticed this in other photos of the Attic, but there are several ceiling fans on the outside balcony.

After we left the Attic, we grabbed lunch at the Boardwalk Bakery. I forgot to take pictures of the food, but here'’s my first cupcake of the trip.

3JCX0Kkl.jpg

I was so happy until I took the first bite. Unfortunately, I didn't end up eating it because it had WHIPPED ICING. YUCK! So Josh and I traded desserts.

We hopped on a boat to Hollywood Studios so that we could bus back to CS. They aren't the fastest ways to travel, but I absolutely love taking the boats on property.

I spy Sea Breeze Point. :)

After we got back to CS, we took a short nap before getting ready for that night's Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Sinister Soiree dessert party!

Last edited:
Day 1, Part 2: Halloween Party & Sinister Soiree Dessert Party

We managed to score early dinner reservations for Be Our Guest at 4:50, so we arrived at Magic Kingdom right around 4. It was incredibly hot and the crowd level felt even higher than when we were there the week of Thanksgiving. I think I underestimated how many crowds Columbus Day weekend would bring. We made our way over to New Fantasyland, stopping for just a couple pictures along the way. The hub construction wasn't quite as bad as I expected (yet), and at least Disney tried to keep it kind of festive.

ZYeOhZPl.jpg

mH14qzVl.jpg

New Fantasyland is lovely and well themed. They just need more stuff to do!

We checked in at BOG, and a guest was yelling at a poor CM because no tables were available. :( I'm sure they get that a lot due to how hard reservations are to get, but I absolutely hate it when I see guests being rude for no good reason. Anyway, BOG is absolutely beautiful and the food was fabulous. It honestly exceeded my expectations. Josh said the steak was one of the best he'd ever had. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of our food (a common occurrence during the trip, I'm afraid!).

IInjZL8l.jpg

Outside BOG. When they call you inside, they bring a little light-up Lumiere you can hold as you walk to your table.

bFPWDSBl.jpg

Napkins folded into red roses.

One thing I also liked was that they bring around actual dessert carts to your table. It was nice to see what all the desserts looked like, but that also made me want to try them all. :lmao: My one and only minor complaint about dining at BOG was that intermittently, the Beast would walk through all the dining rooms. That wasn't an issue, but each time he would, loud music would BLARE as they announced him. It was just a minor annoyance.

KwqubEXl.jpg

Cake topped with the gray stuff. Josh really liked it, but I thought it was just okay.

KQ05nbBl.jpg

I thought my strawberry cream cheese cupcake was much better.

04xQQNml.jpg

Everyone gets the chance to meet the Beast after dinner.

After dinner, we rode Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, and Dumbo. By now, the party had officially begun and the crowds were clearing out a little. Plus, the sun was going down making the weather much cooler. Josh and I both got several compliments on our costumes, although someone asked me if I was supposed to be Popeye. I didn't really get that one... :confused3

Most people probably lined up for the 7 dwarves, Anna and Elsa, or Jack and Sally. I just cared about Donald and Goofy. LOL

aJ2Z3nd.jpg

Donald loved my costume.

PrzLYnul.jpg

At around 8, we headed to the VIP area for the dessert party attendees. Some people have complained that this location blocks some of the fireworks, but I honestly don't really care about that. I thought the location was great and incredibly convenient. We were able to sit on benches and still have a full view of the parade! Plus, there was free bottled water available for everyone there. I thought it was fabulous.

After Hallowishes, we made our way to Cinderella's Royal Table for the Villains' Sinister Soiree dessert party. Before we attended, I'd read negative reviews as well as glowing ones. For us, I think it was somewhere in the middle. I made sure we got our picture with the Queen of Hearts before we ever went upstairs despite the fact that everyone was told they could meet her later. I never saw her again.

w9G7Nogl.jpg

VuTpL3Rl.jpg

Our service was good, and everything looked very nice. But honestly the food was a little disappointing. The cheeses themselves were great, but the bread was hard and there wasn't enough of it.

OuFnmJdl.jpg

FSRYRtbl.jpg

My teeth were no’t expecting the bread to be that hard.

We did have the opportunity to meet some rare villains, and some of the character interactions were fantastic, particularly Lady Tremaine, the stepsisters, and Cruella. Plus, when the villains broke into a rendition of Lorde's "Royals" it was fabulous!

ENdWWGHl.jpg

I think Josh missed the memo on this one.

I think the big disappointment was honestly the desserts themselves. The only one I really liked very much was the pistachio dessert. The presentation was great, but I didn't think any of them really tasted that good. I'm also curious as to how children would have liked these desserts (and the cheeses)?

EJLo8rJl.jpg

We didn't feel incredibly rushed to leave as others have said, but we didn't really feel the need to linger either. Not long after the dessert party, we headed back to CS.

Yp2CaaFl.jpg

We made sure to get a prop picture on the way out!

We had an early morning the next day: our planning session at Franck's!

Last edited:
Oooh I've heard good things about Coronado Springs, I think we'll have to give that resort a chance on a future trip! When we first stopped there on the way to All-Star Movies we had the impression that it was primarily a convention hotel and just assumed it wouldn't be all that interesting. I've since heard about the theming and seeing your pictures as well it looks really cool! If we get time we might even drive over there just to look around on this trip! Enjoying the trip report so far too, I quite liked the napkins at BOG as well and spent many of our subsequent ADRs folding their napkins the same way. It's so simple but striking and effective. I love the picture with Donald, he must've been so excited to see you!

Oh & further to your cake question from earlier, we just received a sketch from the pastry chef of our custom cake, as well as a description now on our current BEO. So if you suggest something to them they will likely want you to show them as best as you can what you are after and they should send you a quick sketch to approve. Of course, maybe you've already got those details coming as your TR continues! Looking forward to it!

PS Trip Day 2, Part 1: The Planning Session

We woke up early because I wanted plenty of time to write down questions and notes I wanted to cover with Diane. After we got ready, we caught a taxi outside the Coronado lobby. We weren't sure if the driver would know exactly what we meant by Franck's Studio, so we told him to head to the Wedding Pavilion. We encountered a bit of trouble in that the security gate was down, and the attendant on the other side didn't seem to see us. Our driver had to do a loop around, and that added a bit to our fare. For future couples wondering about the cost of cab fare to Franck's, with a tip, it cost us $20 exactly. We left plenty early though, and arrived at about 8:55.

oI5rz1Cl.jpg

Cliché picture outside Franck's!

We had to wait just a few minutes before Diane took us into the Merryweather room. I looked around, but didn't take any pictures inside. Sorry! As we began, the receptionist brought me a cup of coffee. I wanted caffeine so badly that I actually drank it black – I normally have to have creamer and sugar. Anyway, we sat down with Diane and her new assistant Courtney to begin hashing out the details. The first 20 minutes or so were spent going over a timeline of the next 6 months. When payments are due, when counts are due, and other deadlines.

We discussed our options for a rehearsal or welcome dinner and how that might affect our wedding rehearsal time. Eventually, Diane suggested we tell her our reservation time when we book it so she can work around that. Then it was time to dive into the planning of our actual wedding day. Honestly, it all happened so quickly it's kind of a blur. First we began by discussing a timeline for before the ceremony.

BS is arriving at 4 a.m. with my makeup and hair scheduled from 4-6. Last I heard from BS, they had scheduled 5-7 a.m. time for my bridesmaids and mom. Diane suggested taking pictures with the bridal party beginning at 8:30 that morning, but I will need to run that timeline past Michael. I think I would prefer 8 as an extra time cushion. She also suggested one-way vans with an extra stop as opposed to a charter bus like we initially planned. This will obviously save us money, but I'm worried about having guests who may want to leave our reception early. I'd love advice on that one!

For the ceremony, we decided upon using an iPod setup so that we could definitely have the song selections we chose. We also decided to go with the sand ceremony that Disney provides so that we don't have to worry about bringing one down with us. For entrances, Diane suggested that groomsmen enter on the right walkway and bridesmaid on the left. Then, for my entrance, she will have me start from the ESPN club and walk up the steps down the center. However, there has been one big addition to our wedding that may change how my entrance time and location. We'll discuss that in day 3! :)

For the staged exit, we decided upon bubbles, which we will provide. You can buy them pretty inexpensively through Oriental Trading. Also, in the moment, I asked for Major Domo who will definitely be getting cut, especially because the price for him seems to have increased. Then it was time to delve into the reception. In lieu of traditional favors, we have added a caricaturist from 10:45-2:45. Diane also suggested we buy tubes for them at Staples or the like because Disney charges an obscene amount for them.

Our current timeline for the reception is: first dance, toasts, we go through the buffet for food, guests eat, dances with parents, and then characters and cake cutting from 2-2:30. The more I think about, the more I think I may request that toasts be moved after our meal. Speaking of toasts, for our bar, we decided to go with a BOC wine and mimosa bar. We’ll see what that translates to on our budget, lol.

Honestly, the PS covered so many details I probably never would've thought about, such as bringing sharpies for the guest book instead of ink pens. We also got to choose what character attire we wanted for our special guests. :) After reception details, it was time to discuss our dessert party. Eventually we agreed upon two meeting places for our guests, at the Epcot main entrance and the International Gateway, with everyone then walking to UK Lochside. I kind of picked my "blue sky" menu without going too overboard, as we'd like to keep it right at 30/pp. For my choices, I chose a nacho bar, ice cream sundae bar, cheesecake bites, standard popcorn, and fruit salad. If the price isn't too high, I may try to add brownie bites or the marshmallow squares. We're sticking with the included beverages and not adding any extras there.

Phew! By that time, our cake arrived and it was time for the tasting! Here was the one and only hiccup of our PS. I'm not sure where wires got crossed, but the cakes and filling we were provided were not the ones we asked for. Some flavors were omitted and some extras we didn't ask for were provided. :confused3 In the end, it wasn't a huge deal because the ones we really wanted to try were included but I'm still disappointed we didn't get to try red velvet and cream cheese.

cuWUnO1l.jpg

Cake! The big piece is almond cake with Bailey's mousse. We both liked it, even Josh who isn't a coffee person.

The chocolate cake was an easy pass from me. I don't normally like chocolate cake as it is, and this was pretty dry. The yellow cake was good but not incredibly impressive. Almond cake was the clear winner as it was delicious and moist. For the fillings, the tropical was an immediate no from me. (I don't really like fruity flavors in my dessert.) The raspberry mousse was good but not what I want for my wedding cake. I was disappointed in the white chocolate as I had such high hopes for it.

I easily could have gone with buttercream filling on top of buttercream icing, but not everyone has a sweet tooth like me. Ultimately, we decided upon almond cake with amaretto filling for both tiers. Speaking of cake, I should probably talk about what ours will actually look like! As I mentioned in prior entries, this was a point of contention with us. During our planning session, I gave Diane a basic vision for what we want: a 2 tier mad hatter inspired by the Mad Tea Party ride, with "Happily Ever After" written on there somewhere.

I'll save it for a future entry, but we've already gotten back a rough sketch from the bakery about the vision for the cake. We added a touch to it, but are very happy and can't wait to see the end result! We've already purchased our cake topper, so they incorporated that into the sketch as well. After all that, we had a half hour break before the florist arrived. So we walked over to the Grand Floridian because I was on a mission…

8HppLlc.jpg

And I met Richard!! He was super sweet. He seemed amused and a little embarrassed when I told him what an internet celebrity he is among Disney brides.

Our floral session didn't take too incredibly long because I came prepared and we honestly didn't ask for much. For SBP, we have ribbon along the stairs and one floral arrangement on each side of the aisle entrance (which may get cut depending on price). We chose navy and rose for our sand colors (I think). We got my bridal bouquet, Josh’s boutonniere, and corsages for the moms with me planning on getting silks for everything else.

For the Attic, I showed her the hydrangea centerpieces with the nautical rope I posted in earlier entry. Somehow we came to the agreement for our sweetheart table to have the "Rose in the West Wing" piece with a pink rose inside. I may change that, but Josh seemed to really like the idea so it will probably stay. In the moment, I also agreed to glow cube centerpieces for our dessert party in multiple colors. Unless they're terribly expensive, I will probably keep them because they look so neat in pictures. Plus, we will only have 2-3 cocktail tables at Lochside.

After all that, we had a 2-hour break before we had to be at the Boardwalk for our menu tasting!

Oooh I've heard good things about Coronado Springs, I think we'll have to give that resort a chance on a future trip! When we first stopped there on the way to All-Star Movies we had the impression that it was primarily a convention hotel and just assumed it wouldn't be all that interesting. I've since heard about the theming and seeing your pictures as well it looks really cool! If we get time we might even drive over there just to look around on this trip! Enjoying the trip report so far too, I quite liked the napkins at BOG as well and spent many of our subsequent ADRs folding their napkins the same way. It's so simple but striking and effective. I love the picture with Donald, he must've been so excited to see you!

Oh & further to your cake question from earlier, we just received a sketch from the pastry chef of our custom cake, as well as a description now on our current BEO. So if you suggest something to them they will likely want you to show them as best as you can what you are after and they should send you a quick sketch to approve. Of course, maybe you've already got those details coming as your TR continues! Looking forward to it!

We actually just got a sketch of our cake the other day. I think they must be done by the different planners, because while it gets the point across, it's some awesome Microsoft Paint realness. :rotfl: I've seen some couples get mockups that look incredibly detailed. I'm excited about the real thing, though.

I would definitely stay at Coronado again. It was a convention hotel, but there were still plenty of families there. The rooms are on par with some of the nicer resorts I think. Since you guys are familiar with property, you'd definitely be fine staying there. I probably just wouldn't recommend it to those unfamiliar with the bus system. It's size could be intimidating to those new to Disney as well. There were days we didn't go to the lobby at all because it was so far, but thanks to their bus system process, we didn't even need to. :)

hahaha A microsoft paint sketch! That's probably a little unexpected coming from a company with the resources of Disney but hey, if it gets the point across! Ours was hand drawn with pencil by the pastry chef - seems a little plain now! Coronado sounds really interesting, Jess & I always rent a car when we're on property now so it sounds like we'd do fine there. I think we'll definitely look into it when we are planning our next trip!

Oh & I love that you found Richard! And told him how famous he is on here! Also your cake sounds really exciting, I love the Mad Hatter style and I'm glad you picked the amaretto mousse because that's what we're doing and I haven't actually tasted any of the options yet - but I know it must be good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter