Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

PS Trip Day 2, Part 2: Menu Tasting & Epcot

After leaving Franck's, we took the monorail over to Epcot. Here, we decided to activate our annual pass vouchers. This took longer than expected, but soon we were into Epcot and headed toward the International Gateway. We hadn't really eaten breakfast, and I was starving at this point – plus our tasting wasn't scheduled to start for another 40 minutes. So I stopped at the Terra F&W booth featuring all vegan foods. I got the blackened chick'n breast with spicy gumbo sauce. It was delicious! I wish I had been able to stop at this booth again.

We headed over to the Boardwalk and waited in the lobby. As we entered, I saw the digital announcement board with the day's events, and of course I had to stop to take a picture of it. :)

Avs4dVNl.jpg

I started to worry soon because it was 2:15, the time we were supposed to be meeting Courtney and the chef. I finally asked a CM about where Salon IV was, and it turns out we were in the wrong place! We were supposed to be in the conference center lobby, not the main one. Oops! As we raced inside the conference center, we found a CM who was waiting for us. He and the person taking Diane’s place (she had a wedding that afternoon) also called me Amy twice…not sure how that mistake was made. :confused3 Nonetheless.

I'll do my best to relay everything about the tasting and our choices. I'm anxiously awaiting our BEO, because I think my stomach may have agreed to add things to the menu that I don't remember now! Haha. I didn't take too many pictures because I was too busy eating. Here are all the selections that Chef Redgie prepared for us:

mIIONJel.jpg

Penne Pasta with Cognac Cream Sauce, Artichoke, and Green Peas

t2vx71Il.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast with Citrus and Basil Butter Sauce, served with wild rice and vegetables

kUW4mqOl.jpg

Pasta with Wild Mushrooms, Roasted Tomatoes Confit, Spinach, and Asiago Cream Sauce

3A64D5Rl.jpg

Wild Berry and Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crêpes and Brioche French Toast

W1hu9nSl.jpg

Toppings for the crepes and French toast, including caramelized bananas foster, whipped cream, blueberry compote, and vanilla bean sauce

mTO1P22l.jpg

Maple Ginger-lacquered Roasted and Pressed Pork Loin with Fig Compote, served with fresh asparagus and oven-roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Braised Fennel and Parmesan Cheese

We all got plates of everything (well, everything but the meat items for me) to try. Honestly, I probably should have eaten more. So much went to waste. For the pasta, I liked the Asiago cream sauce better than the cognac cream sauce, but preferred the other pasta with the green peas. I asked if we could have the bow-tie pasta with spinach, green peas, and the Asiago cream sauce in a combination of the two dishes. Done!

Josh couldn't decide between the pork and the chicken, so we preemptively decided to go with both as our meat items and leave fish off the menu completely. I didn't try the wild rice, but I did have the potatoes, which were amazing. We picked those and assorted seasonal veggies as sides. I also knew I definitely want an egg station, making sure fresh spinach is included as an ingredient for omelets. :)

The crepes were delicious, so I definitely wanted to keep them. I did, however, request that some sort of chocolate topping be available for them and the French toast. We ended up picking French toast over Mickey waffles, but I am second-guessing that decision. Depending on what our BEO and the price point look like, I may switch it to a Mickey waffle bar but keep the bananas foster topping.

For our cocktail hour, I asked for the cheese and yogurt displays on the Briar Rose menu. I thought about adding assorted fruit, but we're going to have fruit salad at our dessert party. I'm still not 100% sure where I think it would be better.

Chef Redgie also asked if there were any menu items across property that we especially enjoy. I mentioned the paneer masala from Sanaa. He said he would get the recipe and have it prepared especially for me. We'll see how this reflects on our BEO – I was under the impression he meant a small portion just for me in place of the meat items, but now I'm not so sure. Either way, I appreciated the gesture. He mentioned to me that he had actually been a vegetarian in the past and that he was also a big lover of Indian food. The tasting went by fairly quickly. I think I need more samples to reaffirm our decisions. (That's just being back on the wedding diet that's talking…LOL)

zeChnnIl.jpg

Gifts from Chef Redgie. :)

After our tasting, we headed back to Coronado to rest for a bit and so I could change into shorts. It was especially warm that day. Later that evening, we headed to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth and Nemo and Friends before it was time for our dinner reservation at Coral Reef. Thankfully, I had been smart and booked it for 8:35 – well after our tasting!

wO8O87wl.jpg

Picture at Epcot.

Neither of us had been to Coral Reef before, but I quite liked it. The atmosphere was great. We didn't have the best table in terms of seeing the aquarium, but it wasn't bad by any means. Josh ordered the steak and I got the vegetarian chick'n breast. (Once again, I forgot pictures… sorry! I promise to do better next TR.) Josh enjoyed his steak, but said it wasn't quite as good as the one from BOG. My chick'n breast was good, but I didn't like the black rice pilaf that came with it.

lyZqAWMl.jpg

Coral Reef aquarium.

We had a great time watching the fish in the aquarium. I have a fondness for stingrays (I don't really know why, I just think they're kind of cute), and there were a bunch of them that swam by. We saw a sea turtle too, but it never came back around again. :( For dessert, I had the turtle cheesecake and Josh had the Baileys mousse. Both were quite good! After dinner, we had FP for Soarin', and by then it was actually almost time for park close. We didn't even make it over to the World Showcase, but I knew we'd be coming back here tomorrow so I didn't mind.

As we headed back to Coronado, it felt a little strange to think that we had done the bulk of planning our wedding. It went by in a blur. It was bittersweet in a way, simply because I had been anticipating it for so long and it all happened so quickly. But I still had a major wedding milestone to look forward to in the next couple of days: hair and makeup trial and our engagement photos!

Ooo another vegetarian bride! Your food looks delicious :D I love how accommodating Disney is for dietary requests. I hope you receive your BEO soon :thumbsup2

Yay PS TR!! I totally agree with you - it was so surreal to look back on our day and realize that the wedding was basically all planned!! I'm glad you picked a menu that suits both you and Josh and it sounds delicious - I hope you don't have to change much!!

Not gonna lie, it's pretty cool to look at where you were and think about where I was at that same time :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting all the great PS trip report pics! We are in the midst of deciding on our menu for our Escape reception, so you pics are most helpful!
We are also using the Attic.:woohoo: They covered the chairs?!! I don't know if I'm happy or sad…:confused3
Can't wait to see how your hair/makeup trial goes!popcorn::

Loved reading through your PS stuff. Sometimes I wish we were doing buffet, because it always seems like you guys get to try so much more stuff than we did. :( I really need to pull off my images and do my TR sometime - sounds like you had an awesome time! ::yes::

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have that popped up on day 3 and will possibly affect your entrance time.:)

PS Trip Day 3: Magic Kingdom, AKL, & Epcot

We woke up early this morning because we had an 8:30 breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace. We'd eaten here for dinner before, but this was our first breakfast experience before park open. It was amazing to be able to walk down a basically empty Main Street! So obviously, I wanted to take advantage and get a castle shot in before we checked-in for the meal.

XtyirPel.jpg

Awesome castle picture with no one else in it!

The food itself was good, but I think I still prefer Cape May and Tusker House. It wasn't too crowded when we arrived, but a HUGE rush of tables came in the same time as us. I had to stand in line 5 minutes at the omelet station, and I was afraid of missing characters. Thankfully I didn't, but that's one part of character dining that always stresses me out a little bit, LOL.

RjGE7GKl.jpg

Cuddly Pooh Bear

93hEw9zl.jpg

Eeyore's one of our favorites. :)

After breakfast, we met some characters (Dale [Chip fell under the weather while we were waiting in line :(], Gaston, Goofy, and Donald), rode Big Thunder, Peter Pan's Flight, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and Haunted Mansion. I felt badly because there was a kid crying and screaming scared a couple cars in front of us.

Soon, it was time for our FP lunch at Be Our Guest. As you may imagine, we weren't very hungry at this point and talked about skipping it. But I wanted to experience BOG at lunch as well, so we went. I actually thought the quiche was a little better than the vegetable risotto offered at dinner, but everything else was better at dinner. If you can get FP for lunch here, it's definitely worth doing. But I definitely prefer the dinner experience!

After lunch, we had our much-anticipated FP for 7 Dwarves Mine Train. The ride broke down when we were at the front of the line. Doh! We decided to wait it out though, because a CM told us (diplomatically, of course ;)) that it happens somewhat often and is usually fixed within a few minutes. The ride was fun, and the theming was great. However, it's super short. I did like how smooth the ride was. However, I think until the lines settle down (or unless I could get a FP like we did that day) I would just as soon go ride Big Thunder.

VeORFnnl.jpg

The ride photos and video you get are really cool, though.

By now, the heat of the day was starting to wear on us, so we decided to make our way to the exit and catch a bus to AKL. As we were walking back down Main Street, we stopped inside Uptown Jewelers. After looking around at some things I liked, Josh bought me a necklace of Cinderella’s coach. Even better was when he told me that in addition to the necklace, although not 100% until we get our BEO back, it was 95% likely that I could have the coach for our wedding day!!! :yay::yay: It was something I really wanted but certainly wasn't expecting. I emailed Diane right away to see if it was still available… and it was! :cheer2::cheer2: I think we're going to keep it a secret from our guests so it will be a surprise.

zlITxRll.jpg

6bY4vpFl.jpg

So excited!

We caught a bus to AKL and waited in the lobby before our dinner reservations at Sanaa. This was our first time visiting AKL, and I loved it. I definitely want to stay there sometime in the future. We sat in rocking chairs and watched classic Mickey cartoons for probably 40 minutes before heading over to Kidani.

DxOQbISl.jpg

The view at Sanaa is amazing!

I was excited about eating here for the first time, and it didn't disappoint. The food, service, and atmosphere were just fabulous. Honestly, I'm thinking it would be a great place for a welcome/rehearsal dinner, but I'm not sure if they would accommodate 30 people. I might look into it, though.

6ZPP848l.jpg

Best naan we've ever had. We tried plain, garlic, and spicy. All 3 were amazing!

bJQeNOMl.jpg

My paneer masala and basmati rice

A1jHJVfl.jpg

Josh's steak and indian style potatoes

I didn't get a picture of the dessert, but we each got the sampler trio. After that, we waddled (almost literally) to the bus stop to head over to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth again (I really like that ride) and stopped quickly at the Visa holder Character Spot before they closed. It was Mickey and Pluto that evening.

Next, we headed immediately over to the World Showcase. Note: going here on a Saturday night during F&W was not a good idea. We headed to the Three Caballeros ride because I'd actually never been on it before.

LmtLBmbl.jpg

Three Caballeros

There were some drunk guys hooting and hollering through the queue, and it echoed through while you were on the ride. Ugh! :rolleyes2 I went into shops in every country because I am on the hunt for some beautiful drop earrings for our wedding day. Unfortunately, I didn't find any… aside from the pearls in Japan that ranged from $1000-4000. Uh, no. I did find some ridiculously cute stuff in Italy, though.

AilvKZAl.jpg

I just HAD to have this! Our kitchen is decorated in a coffee theme, AND this has Donald! It's perfect!

Josh was starting to get tired at this point and we had a long day tomorrow, so we skipped Illuminations and headed back to the hotel. We would be able to sleep in a little on Sunday before Beaute Speciale arrived at 10 for my hair/makeup trial.

Thanks for posting all the great PS trip report pics! We are in the midst of deciding on our menu for our Escape reception, so you pics are most helpful!
We are also using the Attic.:woohoo: They covered the chairs?!! I don't know if I'm happy or sad…:confused3
Can't wait to see how your hair/makeup trial goes!popcorn::

I couldn't decide how I felt about the new chair covers in the Attic, either. After a lot of thought, I think I like it. They're more neutral now and can go with a wider variety of colors and decor! I'm glad my pics were helpful. :thumbsup2 You will love the space! It's gorgeous.

Loved reading through your PS stuff. Sometimes I wish we were doing buffet, because it always seems like you guys get to try so much more stuff than we did. :( I really need to pull off my images and do my TR sometime - sounds like you had an awesome time! ::yes::

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have that popped up on day 3 and will possibly affect your entrance time.:)

I guess I didn't realize that tasting options were different for doing plated meals. It stinks that you get to try fewer things. :( And yes, you should do a TR. I love reading them!

Yay PS TR!! I totally agree with you - it was so surreal to look back on our day and realize that the wedding was basically all planned!! I'm glad you picked a menu that suits both you and Josh and it sounds delicious - I hope you don't have to change much!!

Not gonna lie, it's pretty cool to look at where you were and think about where I was at that same time :thumbsup2

I bet it does make you reminisce. :) I actually had my photographer take a picture of me giving a thumbs up to your guys' announcement board in the BW lobby. :goodvibes They had taken down the sign at ADH by the time we got over there. I don't have all our images yet, though!

Ooo another vegetarian bride! Your food looks delicious :D I love how accommodating Disney is for dietary requests. I hope you receive your BEO soon :thumbsup2

Yes, it's actually been a pleasantly painless experience so far! :D

hahaha A microsoft paint sketch! That's probably a little unexpected coming from a company with the resources of Disney but hey, if it gets the point across! Ours was hand drawn with pencil by the pastry chef - seems a little plain now!

Oh & I love that you found Richard! And told him how famous he is on here! Also your cake sounds really exciting, I love the Mad Hatter style and I'm glad you picked the amaretto mousse because that's what we're doing and I haven't actually tasted any of the options yet - but I know it must be good!

The amaretto mousse is delicious. I'm sure you will love it! And our Paint sketch was a little unexpected, but whatever. I'm happy they sent us an idea at all. :) Can't wait for your next update!

PS Trip Day 4: Hair/Makeup Trial & Engagement Pictures!
We were able to sleep in just a little bit this morning. After getting ready, we went to grab a quick breakfast at Pepper Market. We each just grabbed a basic breakfast sandwich, so no pictures. I also tried a pumpkin cappuccino, which was delicious. Unfortunately, I couldn't really keep drinking it while my hair was being done, so half of it went to waste. :(

Right around 10, Jenny from Beaute Speciale arrived at my room. Josh left to wait in the lobby, though this really wasn't necessary. I felt badly about it afterward, but she didn't have time to take my hair down and I didn't want to risk doing it myself and having my hair look terrible for pictures. Even though Josh saw it, I don't mind too much. There are a few things I want to change for the wedding anyway.

Jenny was very friendly and easy to talk to. I showed her my inspiration pictures, and she got right to work. I'm going to have to keep hunting for pictures for options for the front of my hair, though. Eventually we settled on something I liked, but now that I saw it in photos I'm not sure if it's what I want for the wedding day. For makeup, I knew definitively what I DIDN'T want, but kind of let her do her thing otherwise. It took a little over two hours, but voila! The finished product:

fJVLSK5l.jpg

The back of my hair. It's a braid that swoops over into the other pieces of the updo. I was very happy with how the back turned out. Although, the inspiration picture was on someone with blonde hair, so I thought the braided detail didn't show up quite as well with my hair color. I may consider having my highlights be just a bit bolder for the wedding.

4SeMQRUl.jpg

With my headpiece and veil.

RnyNUlal.jpg

A closer look at the makeup.

After my trial, we had time to relax just a bit and grab a light lunch. Then we started getting ready for our engagement pictures. Our photographer picked us up around 3. We shot for a long time at a bunch of different locations, including the Boardwalk area, Epcot, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. We even watched Wishes from one of the docks at the Grand. Unfortunately, this one didn't have the music piped in, though. It's still pretty, but Wishes just isn't the same without the music!

Josh and I definitely felt kind of awkward at first, but eased up throughout the day. We just aren't used to having our picture taken for that long of a time! I'm glad that we had an engagement session, so maybe it will help us feel more comfortable having cameras pointed at us on our wedding day. It was also ridiculously hot and humid that day. My airbrush makeup held up pretty well, but pieces of my hair were loose at the bottom by the end of the day. I will have to have them secure it more tightly on the day of the wedding.

When we got back to our room, we were absolutely exhausted. Unfortunately, the lights in the vanity area/bathroom of the room weren't working. We had several calls and visits from maintenance. At one point, we thought we might have to switch rooms and quickly threw everything in our suitcases. It ended up being an issue in someone's room near us, and they moved them instead. Once our lights were finally on, I spent literally 5-10 minutes trying to wash all the makeup off my face. I think I still had remnants of eyeliner for the next 2 days. LOL. At least I know I won’t be crying it off at the wedding!

We finally got to bed a little after midnight. We had breakfast reservations the next day at Cape May, but thankfully they weren't too terribly early in the morning. The next day, Michael also dropped off some sneak peek polaroids for us at the hotel. I thought that was pretty thoughtful and also super cool.

QNPTZewl.jpg

Sneak peek polaroids.

I will post more of our engagement pictures in a separate post, but here's a sneak peek for now. This is the "web sharing" size so the quality obviously isn't as good as the high res. This was one of our very favorites, taken at the Contemporary.

HJzYOXA.jpg

This was the last real wedding-related portion of the TR, but I hope you stay tuned anyway. We're getting close to the end. :)

I looooooooooove your hair. So pretty!! I'm glad it mostly held up through the day (and hey, this is why we do a trial run right?)

I already saw more of your pictures but I still love them! I can't believe you got to travel to so many places and get so many shots.

I looooooooooove your hair. So pretty!! I'm glad it mostly held up through the day (and hey, this is why we do a trial run right?)

I already saw more of your pictures but I still love them! I can't believe you got to travel to so many places and get so many shots.

:goodvibes Thank you! I liked my hair too, but... holy hairspray! I didn't think I was ever going to wash it all out. I know why the used so much, but still. I felt like I should have been in an 80's music video! Haha.

Your hair and makeup looks absolutely stunning!
Thank you!! I'm about to go finish looking over your PJ. I don't know how I missed it until now... I love that we have the same venues! :)

PS Trip Day 5: Hollywood Studios & Halloween Party Part Deux

Despite the late night issues the night before, I woke up relatively early. After dragging my feet a little bit, we got ready and caught a taxi to the Beach Club. We seriously got spoiled with taking cabs this trip. But it made things SO much easier. I would not have wanted to take two buses that early in the morning. LOL. Anyway, we arrived at Cape May Café within 5-10 minutes and had just a brief wait before our table was ready. This was our first time eating here, and we loved it! They even brought out crayons and let us draw on the table.

InJeNprl.jpg

Look at that amazing piece of Donald art I drew. I amaze even myself. LOL

The character interactions were a little briefer here than some other restaurants, but as long as we get a picture, I usually don't mind that much.

inelQHfl.jpg

vIVaIaSl.jpg

The food was really good, too. I think the food here was better overall than Crystal Palace (but it doesn't have a made-to-order omelet station). Josh and I both ate a ton. I can't wait to eat here again on our honeymoon. I've already made a late morning ADR for the day after our wedding. :) Anyway, when we were finished eating, we waddled over to the boat dock to catch a ride to Hollywood Studios.

AqbluQ5l.jpg

RIP, Sorcerer's Hat.

We had a FP for Rock'n roller coaster, one of my favorite rides. Maybe not the best timing for that after stuffing our faces at breakfast, but we made it just fine. Haha. Afterward, we wandered into some shops and I couldn't resist spending some money.

mCoV4wUl.jpg

I had been eying this tote for several days. Isn’t it cute?

Next, we watched the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally think this show is better than Beauty and the Beast. I can't help but laugh at the fact that Eric only has about two lines, though. LOL. After the show, we had about 45 minutes until our Star Tours FP. The park was extremely crowded and it was very hot. I got a Mickey ice cream bar, and we found a shaded area to sit down.

fAtj5ZSl.jpg

Oh, look. Another Frozen promotion.

I wanted to ride Star Tours twice, but the standby was 40 minutes so I had to settle for just once. I really LOVE Star Tours. (If it were at Epcot, I would definitely pay for a ride mix-in at our DP to ride Star Tours.) At this point, I'd had enough of the crowds and the sun so we headed back to Coronado. We took an afternoon nap before getting ready for the night's Halloween Party. Since this was our second party, we didn't really rush to be at the gates at 4. We got to MK around 5:30, as the weather was starting to cool off. We stopped for "dinner" on Main Street: a Mickey's kitchen sink!

E4RipOcl.jpg

It's bigger than the picture depicts, but we were able to eat all of it.

We had a relaxing night. We got to ride a ton of attractions and meet quite a few characters. We didn't watch the parade this time around, but we did do some trick or treating.

YfU2tsUl.jpg

Daisy excited to see "Donald."

2umY75yl.jpg

BDcizzol.jpg

We had to wait maybe 20 minutes for Pooh and friends because we missed out on a set. But we got to sit down while we waited, so we really didn’t care. Haha.

Riding the Haunted Mansion during the party was so much fun. It seemed like everyone was really into it, and the CMs were extra festive.

qKzHMwol.jpg

Plus, they had unique Photopass opportunities!

CQmOVHEl.jpg

Confession time: I can’t remember the last time I had been on Splash Mountain. It may have seriously been when I was a kid, because I don't normally like wet rides. Thankfully I didn't get too wet. Honestly, my favorite part of the ride was following the story and the music. I liked those peaceful parts much better. LOL

OEKBM2Hl.jpg

One of our trick or treat hauls.

We started heading back to Main Street around 11:15. On the way out, I stopped by the bakery for a cupcake. Hey, we had already taken our engagement pictures the day before… so I might as well. Haha. In my defense, I didn’t eat the cupcake until the next day. :p

Fubsj7Rl.jpg

Ghost Cupcake!

Then we headed to the bus stop and said goodbye to Magic Kingdom. But we'll be back in a little over 5 months. :)

PS Trip Day 6: Animal Kingdom & Departure
We were up bright and early so that we had time to check out of Coronado before heading to Animal Kingdom. Thankfully, we had packed almost everything up the day before. After dropping off our luggage, we caught a bus to Animal Kingdom. Our breakfast reservations were for before the park opened. It was so neat walking through an empty park!

DtSrhbTl.jpg

Tusker House breakfast is one of my very favorite things.

I absolutely LOVE Tusker House breakfast! I also discovered this time that the buffet has the crepes we had at our menu tasting. :) I was so excited. Plus, the jungle juice! I love the jungle juice. I should really ask Diane about having it at our reception…

uAkZ1NIl.jpg

With the host. :) I wanted to get up and dance around when they did too, but I didn't want to look like a weirdo. :lmao:

After breakfast, we rode the Safari. Since it was relatively early in the morning, we saw quite a few animals.

aOmym3il.jpg

HtoHdBIl.jpg

After the safari, we took the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time ever. Unfortunately, the affection section was closed, but we saw lots of other neat stuff. The best part was the little show they had outside called "It All Started With a Pig." We got to see all kinds of cute animals. I love that kind of thing. I'm a big animal lover, in case you guys couldn't tell. ;)

XMnYZMOl.jpg

Disney ducks. :)

fTdopngl.jpg

Meeting Jerry the alligator. I thought he was kind of cute. I also got to pet a snake, but that photo didn't turn out so well.

ja3ao0gl.jpg

I took a picture of this toad because I thought it looked like Jabba the Hutt. Hahaha.

Yk9mpzhl.jpg

Our pals Chip and Dale meet outside.

We spent close to an hour and a half exploring Rafiki's. We actually had to hustle over to Everest to make our FP window. We only waited in that line for about 5 minutes. Josh really likes Everest, but I much prefer Dinosaur, which was our next stop. :) Before we rode Dinosaur, I sat down and ate my ghost cupcake from the night before. It actually was mostly still intact. Crowds were pretty heavy today, unfortunately… I wanted to ride Dinosaur twice! We only had to wait 10 minutes or so with our FP. But standby wait was 35 and Josh didn't want to wait. :(

By now, it was relatively late into the afternoon. Magic Express wasn't picking us up for another 2 and half hours, but Josh wanted to head back to Coronado because he was hot and tired. Plus, the sky looked ominous – shortly after we got back to CSR, it started POURING and didn't let up for about 45 minutes. We waited in the Coronado lobby for seriously about an hour and a half before grabbing a QS dinner and using our last snack credits on some Chip and Dale snack mix. Oh well. It was dry and cool in there, and we had access to refillable soft drinks. :)

Sadly, it was time to board Magical Express and head back home. What was even sadder was the fact that our flight was delayed by 90 minutes. Ugh. Thankfully MCO has free wi-fi. And somehow, our flight was completely full even though we were the last flight of the night on a Tuesday. :confused3 So we were literally the last row of the plane again, but at least we had the row to ourselves this time. We didn't get back home until 1:30 a.m. and I had to be at work by 8 the next day. Ugh. Oh well. We had a productive and fun trip. Financially, we are feeling the effects of the trip somewhat. But I would still definitely recommend couples do an in-person PS and tasting if they can make it work. It was great to meet the people who will be working on our wedding in person beforehand, and I think it will make me much more comfortable on the day.

So that concludes our PS trip report. Thanks for sticking around. :) I have quite a few things to update on in the next few weeks, including our engagement pictures, our preliminary wedding/honeymoon trips ADRs, and our custom cake design mockup. We haven't received our BEO yet but we're expecting it anytime. We just got our floral estimate last Thursday! I'm on pins and needles waiting to the BEO to arrive.

I love that you and Josh both wore Donald shirts together. So cute!! I loved your Donald costume too. I wish I had known you were at AK Tuesday morning - I was too!! We were so close!

The best part of taking the time out for a TR is now you have plenty of updates ahead of you :) Can't wait for more!

Just a quick update tonight. We got our BEO last week and are in the process of making cuts and changes, but thanks to the Passporter book, we were within $150 of our estimate. However, I will say that seeing every cost itemized for you was a little jarring initially. I probably will share our BEO here after we get our next version; however, I will not be posting the budget. For any couples that may want to see it to help in their planning process, I would be happy to share that via PM, though. :thumbsup2

In the meantime, we received a mockup of our custom cake design. At the PS, we gave a pretty general idea of what we wanted – a two-tier, inspired by the Mad Tea Party ride, with "Happily Ever After" written on it. We had our cake topper already:

P3Pfr5Ll.jpg

Our cake topper. If only they made this with Donald and Daisy…

UYJl0HRl.jpg

But speaking of, I did buy this Donald/Daisy figure for either our cake table or guest book table. :)

Here is the description of our cake from our BEO:

Layer 1 (Top): Ivory fondant with lanterns hanging from the ceiling of the tea cup ride.

Layer 2 (Bottom): Ivory fondant with "Happily Ever After" written in gold, featuring swirls and designs from the tea cup ride.
Bottom layer placed on orange and yellow base (similar to floor of the ride) with 5-6 tea cups in pastel colors inspired by the ride. And… voila!

prAVeAxl.jpg

I have to admit, when I first saw this, I was kind of surprised to see it done in Microsoft Paint. Hahaha. :lmao: It makes me wonder if these are done by the planners or if the GF really did a mockup in paint, complete with a watermarked image. LOL. But whatever, I can still see the vision behind it. ;) In my BEO revision notes, I am going to ask if the fondant tea cups around the base can have designs on them from the ride. I'm not sure how that might affect the price, though.

Overall, I am very happy with it and I can't wait to see it brought to life!

Just discovered your PJ and loving it! Cannot wait to see your ideas in action. Especially the cake! It looks so gorgeous. Happy planning!:goodvibes

I love that you and Josh both wore Donald shirts together. So cute!! I loved your Donald costume too. I wish I had known you were at AK Tuesday morning - I was too!! We were so close!

The best part of taking the time out for a TR is now you have plenty of updates ahead of you :) Can't wait for more!

Haha. Thanks! I have to admit, I was a little surprised he wore a Donald shirt whenever I did. Usually he fights me on stuff that's too "cutesy." :)

Just discovered your PJ and loving it! Cannot wait to see your ideas in action. Especially the cake! It looks so gorgeous. Happy planning!:goodvibes

Welcome! :goodvibes Thanks for commenting, and for your sweet words about our cake. I'm so excited to see it all finished!

Joining in!!!

Did you hear back about your Dessert Party Menu?? I love it! I would love that for my DP in July.

Love your PS TR! Thanks for sharing everything!

Joining in!!!

Did you hear back about your Dessert Party Menu?? I love it! I would love that for my DP in July.

Love your PS TR! Thanks for sharing everything!

Welcome! :)

Our initial DP menu included a nacho bar, sundae bar, fresh popped popcorn (with a popcorn machine), and cheesecake bites. It was priced at $40/pp. Since, we've cut both the cheesecake and the popcorn and requested custom specialty cupcakes in their place. I'm still (anxiously) waiting to hear about the new price.

Hi all! I've been busy with the usual hustle associated with the upcoming holidays as well as the end of the semester (both at work and for my own graduate courses!). But we're officially 162 days from the wedding, or just a little over 5 months. We've sure coming a long way since Disney penciled us in at the 16 month mark! :) In terms of updates, we've received our first revision of the BEO. We may cut a bit more, but it probably won't be changing too terribly much at this point. I will share our menus in future posts. The only one really in question at this point is our dessert party menu. The cost per person is higher than I would like, but I also don't want to cut anything at this point. LOL. We'll see what we decide to do there.

So until we have things decided, tonight I will share our engagement pictures. It was hot as sin when we took these back in October! Part of me wonders if I will regret not taking some outdoor autumn shots here on our university campus too, but these are very pretty. Warning: this will be image heavy, obviously. ;) But here are our favorites.

OgHEKOO.jpg

4QPJRUe.jpg

ex6apjg.jpg

mwqgiSU.jpg

d2IeTwE.jpg

BoIaxQq.jpg

VpLf9xa.jpg

Gouyl8l.jpg

qR3FQNL.jpg

8U4xVTk.jpg

JU8MTrp.jpg

If you're interested in seeing a few more, you can check out Michael's blog post here. If I don't update again beforehand, I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter