An Actor that was perectly cast

The first time I ever heard of JK Simmons was when he was on the 1992 Broadway cast of Guys & Dolls. I really thought of him as Benny Southstreet more than anything else. I guess his most recent work was in The Tomorrow War.

JK Simmons was fantastic in Counterpart, which I highly recommend watching.

Heath Ledger--Dark Knight

Can't believe we made it to 7 pages before getting to Heath Ledger's Joker....it's the first name that comes to mind for a lot of people.

I'd also put the cast of the Lord of the Rings, especially:

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn
Ian McKellan as Gandalf
Christopher Lee as Saruman
...and one that isn't mentioned as often but I think he played his role brilliantly is John Noble as Denethor, his demeanor and subtle emotional cues were incredible

also...

RDJ as Iron Man
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow

Kevin Costner--Field of Dreams

Yes...

Kevin Coster - John Dutton - Yellowstone --- He is John Dutton... no other actor could play this character...

I will say this is one of our favorite show.. can't wait for it to return...

Cast here are perfect... Cole Hauser as Rip, yes please,... - Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton... perfect - Luke Grimes as Kayce Dutton, he brings a whole new meaning to cowboy up!!

Agree with many of those already listed, but another I didn’t see yet, unless I missed it, is Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln in Lincoln. When that film was over I was hoping he would continue to play him in other movies depicting other parts of Lincoln’s life.

Can't believe we made it to 7 pages before getting to Heath Ledger's Joker....it's the first name that comes to mind for a lot of people.

I think though that Heath, while he was abviously incredibly talented and passionate about his roles, this role in particular, that the Joker as portrayed in that movie is, well, not very much like the known versions of the Joker. I don't really think of that as great casting so much as he doesn't fit the typical mold for the character at all. Nicholson's Joker was way closer, though off in certain ways too (mostly backstory, the personality was pretty on-point). I actually can't stand TDK, not for Heath's performance though but for the way it was written.

Also, if you want to talke INSPIRED casting for the Joker, it's gotta be Mark Hamill in The Animated Series absolute perfection!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter