An Actor that was perectly cast

Sean Connery--Bond, James Bond, 007

We were just having a discussion about James Bond the other day. My first James Bond was Roger Moore, so although I appreciate the other takes on the role, he is my favorite version. My friend says Pierce Brosnan. My DH who is a little older than me says Sean Connery.

I don’t know. I thought Oldman played “weasel” well and can’t imagine anyone else in the role at the moment.

Have you ever seen The Contender? Great movie and Oldman is at his most weaselly!

How about Cesar Romero? :)

True. Caesar Romero was very close to how the Joker was in the comics of the time. He really nailed it. Jack brought a bit of an edge to it, but it still felt like the Joker - i.e. he was funny. Nolan's version of the Joker jsut wasn't funny at all and the makeup, manner of dress, being all grungy and the like, that's just not really the way the character had been. Of course, they've brough tin some Ledger style elements since then since that movie was inexplicably incredibly popular. :confused3

Conrad Veidt in "The man who laughs", Anthony Hopkins "Silence of the lambs", Jason Isaacs in "The Patriot" and the "Harry Potter" movies, Cary Grant in "North by northwest", Robert Patrick in "Terminator:Judgement day" and many,many else.

then we would have to go back thru this thread and make all the corrections on what were good choices.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, so I would not point out that in my opinion the actor was terrible in a roll. However, if there was another thread, it could be pointed out the issue with a character and the roll--at least in my view LOL

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, so I would not point out that in my opinion the actor was terrible in a roll. However, if there was another thread, it could be pointed out the issue with a character and the roll--at least in my view LOL
the thread was about perfectly cast roles...not if they were good or bad in the role....I find it sad that movie industry lost Antony Perkins, Christopher reeves and in part George Reeves ....their lives, as actors and citizens became less perfect afterwards. Was Marlon Brando perfect in the role...that is a good debate resolution.he became that persona in The Freshman and DR Moreau, though not sure if that is a push back to kurtz....anyhow we lost a historical movie actor after The Godfather, even though we were pleased with his Superman role....which would be perfect casting...the hero of hollywood making a last few final apperances.

Lucy Lee Flippin as Eliza Jane Wilder on Little House on the Prairie.

Agree that she was great in the show! But I've always wondered why they changed her from the book. She was a horrible person in the book, lol! I wanted to punch her for how she treated Carrie. Oh well, I suppose the TV series differed a great deal from the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter