An Actor that was perectly cast

Oldman has range - that's for sure. However, I always thought that he did crotchety old man pretty well, even when he was younger.

The first time I ever heard of JK Simmons was when he was on the 1992 Broadway cast of Guys & Dolls. I really thought of him as Benny Southstreet more than anything else. I guess his most recent work was in The Tomorrow War.

Ah. I haven’t seen either. Thanks for the link. He looks the same! Simmons usually plays authoritative and intimidating well. A recent movie I liked him in is Hulu’s Palm Springs.

For that matter Christopher Lloyd as Doc!
so do you think him hanging around Jack and DeVito helped his cause???

Among others, Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Dudley Moore, Ron Silver, Robin Williams, John Cleese, Mandy Patinkin, Gene Hackman, and James Woods were considered for the role of Doc Brown.[39][37][6] Producer Neil Canton suggested Lithgow, having worked with him and Christopher Lloyd on Buckaroo Banzai (1984). Lithgow was unavailable, and the role was offered to Lloyd. He was reluctant to join the production until a friend encouraged him to take the part.[40] Theoretical physicist Albert Einstein and conductor Leopold Stokowski inspired Lloyd's wild, white hair.[41] Lloyd affected a hunched posture to lower his 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m) height closer to the 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m) tall Fox.[37]

so do you think him hanging around Jack and DeVito helped his cause???

Among others, Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Dudley Moore, Ron Silver, Robin Williams, John Cleese, Mandy Patinkin, Gene Hackman, and James Woods were considered for the role of Doc Brown.[39][37][6] Producer Neil Canton suggested Lithgow, having worked with him and Christopher Lloyd on Buckaroo Banzai (1984). Lithgow was unavailable, and the role was offered to Lloyd. He was reluctant to join the production until a friend encouraged him to take the part.[40] Theoretical physicist Albert Einstein and conductor Leopold Stokowski inspired Lloyd's wild, white hair.[41] Lloyd affected a hunched posture to lower his 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m) height closer to the 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m) tall Fox.[37]
Idk, I can see where some of the other options might have worked out just fine, especially Lithgow, but now that I've seen Lloyd as doc no one else seems right. On a side note, you brought back a memory of my dad taking me to see buckaroo bonzai in the theater. I don't really remember much about the movie, including who was in it, but I remember it was a fun outing with my dad.

On a side note, you brought back a memory of my dad taking me to see buckaroo bonzai in the theater. I don't really remember much about the movie, including who was in it, but I remember it was a fun outing with my dad.

thats great....because Buckarro Bonzai has the 3 choices for doc...in other news....like my beloved BLADE RUNNER

Cosford, in his 1984 review: "I suspect that Buckaroo's odd musings, particularly the one about being there no matter where you go, are about to enter the popular argot on the scale of "Where's the beef?";[25] his prediction has been proved right.[36][37][38][39][40][41] Entertainment Weekly ranked Buckaroo Banzai as No. 43 in their Top 50 Cult Movies.[42] The film was also ranked No. 21 on the magazine's "The Cult 25: The Essential Left-Field Movie Hits Since '83" list.[43] The Guardian has also cited Buckaroo Banzai as one of their "1,000 films to see before you die".[44]

'"GET BUSY VIEWING, OR GET BUSY DYING"....something like that out of Maine

'Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting

been kicking it around for awhile, but nothing on casting his role....the problem is that I am not sure if is his role or the very deserving oscar

Looking over most of his filmography, one writer was "struck by the breadth" and radical diversity of most roles Williams portrayed.[80] In 1989, Williams played a private-school English teacher in Dead Poets Society, which included a final, emotional scene that some critics said "inspired a generation" and became a part of pop culture.[81] Similarly, his performance as a therapist in Good Will Hunting (1997) deeply affected even some real therapists.[

The casting almost didn’t happen. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who co-wrote the screenplay and starred in the film, were largely unknowns when they were trying to get the film made. Affleck had appeared in two Kevin Smith films, so he got the indie director to sign on as a producer. Smith’s attachment helped get Miramax on board as a distributor and Gus Van Sant attached as a director, but the project continued to languish in development limbo until a couple of lucky breaks. First, Francis Ford Coppola cast Damon in the lead role of his adaptation of John Grisham bestseller, "The Rainmaker." That suddenly made Damon into a potential bankable star. That association also led to the casting of Robin Williams as shrink Sean Maguire. Williams had just starred in Coppola's "Jack," and he signed on to work with Damon and Affleck after the legendary director vouched for Damon.

One funny anecdote: When Affleck, Damon, and Smit

An oldie but a goodie - Keith Michell as King Henry VIII in the 1970 miniseries The Six Wives of Henry VIII. The entire cast was spectacular and the way they managed to find talented actors who had a physical resemblance to the people they were portraying was phenomenal. But to be able to play all the nuances of the volatile Henry, from a young prince to a aged, malevolent tyrant, Mr. Michell gets my vote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter