Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

I just checked availability for our July trip (we are staying at BC, but thinking of switching), and Jambo is coming up as bookable, and there is a ton of availability. When I booked our trip last week, Jambo was blocked.
It appears they removed the block when MLS was announced to be going to Swan and Dolphin. Or at least a big coincidence. We still don't know when Jambo will open for sure, but it does mean that DVC owners can book reservations and make changes. There are value studios that are showing up now. I think Jambo will open up when Kidani is full and/or they open up deluxe resorts.

The online DVC reservation system is now allowing the making of Jambo reservations beginning June 22, when the rest of the DVC Resorts open. I guess that means it is opening June 22.

Has anyone heard confirmation that it is opening June 22?
No. The DVC site opened for booking, but as we well know that it may be because they released the block through the end of December, but didn't put in the block through July 4 at least. Not sure they would have aggressively moved so many people to Kidani if they were going to open it. I think as long as Kidani has space they will keep Jambo closed for DVC -- or until Deluxe resorts open

The online DVC reservation system is now allowing the making of Jambo reservations beginning June 22, when the rest of the DVC Resorts open. I guess that means it is opening June 22.

I would not make that leap. They are allowing people to book CL level too and we know that is not available,

WDW website nor DVC has updates to show it opening.

I would not make that leap. They are allowing people to book CL level too and we know that is not available,

WDW website nor DVC has updates to show it opening.

I agree here... but I also say shame on DVC. I couldn't imagine being someone who had a reservation at Jambo, moved it, and now this. Something needs said and the communication needs to be more consistent.

I agree here... but I also say shame on DVC. I couldn't imagine being someone who had a reservation at Jambo, moved it, and now this. Something needs said and the communication needs to be more consistent.

They obviously had a way to block things from showing, so you would think they would have blocked at least the beginning out.

And, if it is opening now on June 22nd, then we should have gotten an email from DVC saying it would be

As someone who was moved to Kidani, I’ve contemplated moving back over. But I also have never stayed at either so I’m not sure it is worth the hassle. If I’m already getting standard view at Kidani at the Jambo value rate, does it matter? I can still walk over to take advantage of the amenities there if it is open.

As someone who was moved to Kidani, I’ve contemplated moving back over. But I also have never stayed at either so I’m not sure it is worth the hassle. If I’m already getting standard view at Kidani at the Jambo value rate, does it matter? I can still walk over to take advantage of the amenities there if it is open.
Plus we don’t know when it will open for sure. Just because it showed for DVC booking doesn’t mean they won’t call and move people out before the resort opens.

The email we just got says all but Aulani. I would say that may mean Jambo will open with the rest?

The email we just got says all but Aulani. I would say that may mean Jambo will open with the rest?
I thought that, too. Here’s hoping! Anybody on with MS to ask?

They might also consider AKV one resort and since Kidani is open, they consider it open and Jambo is just another building.

I thought that, too. Here’s hoping! Anybody on with MS to ask?

They might also consider AKV one resort and since Kidani is open, they consider it open and Jambo is just another building.

I do think that is how they view it, but given that people have been asking, you think they would have addressed it.

Someone did post MS told them it will be open for their July trip, But, I think we are going to hear by end of the week or early next week when more WDW hotels open.

ETA. I have just another report somewhere that MS told them they have no updated information on Jambo opening.

So, unless someone has a June reservation and reports whether they get moved, or we see it added officially, it seems unclear.

Last edited:
I emailed Terri Schultz last night about lack of room availability at Jambo- and this is what I rec'd in return...

"Thank you for your note, and your feedback. It looks like we were experiencing a technology issue and the Jambo House inventory was not appropriately displaying. As you might imagine during these past weeks we have been juggling a lot of system updates to keep up with all the closures, openings and more, and it appears this issue slipped through. It is now fixed, so you should now see available inventory at Jambo House."

Apparently inventory can go missing from the RAT for multiple days and DVC doesn't notice? Whatever....

I just changed my reservation at Jamba House Savanna view, to BWV. I had booked this in Feb. We have stayed at AKL in the same accommodation. I called to verify that I wouldn't be switched to Kidani, though, I have never stayed there. The CM said we are booking both right now and asked his supervisor to be sure.
To be fair, we wanted the whole package with Boma, (which he couldn't verify would be open) and all the adventure that comes with that resort. We are big on resort amenities, especially in the summer. For those who don't know, DVC has terrific CM's at their pools interacting with the kids with games that can really reduce the overload of stimulation from the park and the humidity.
I can't imagine being at AKL without all the guests. It is HUGE. It might be like a "Haunted Mansion" at night. 👻Just kidding!

The sad part is seeing WDW empty. It provides so much pleasure and healing to those who come.
It's up to all of us cherished guests, knowing the risks, to be responsible and protect each other.
Maybe someday most of WDW will return as a safer park.
Kudos to everyone for your patience during this long wait.

I asked in chat on the DVC site and Jambo is closed indefinitely. Do not move your resort reservations there. Guests with reservations at Jambo will be contacted to change it.

I was also told by MS that Jambo wouldn’t be open in June. I don’t understand why it is still showing availability.

I was also told by MS that Jambo wouldn’t be open in June. I don’t understand why it is still showing availability.

Honestly, I agree with you and it is misleading when they know for June it’s not.

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter