Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

We still have a Jambo reservation for 6/28-7/2. Have not been contacted about moving. We are OK either way. The lack of information and communication is absolutely ridiculous.
You may want to reach out to them. Everything we have heard is that Jambo is closed until July 11 for sure. If you wait too long, you may limit the choice of where they are able to put you.

DVC has terrific CM's at their pools interacting with the kids with games that can really reduce the overload of stimulation from the park and the humidity.

FWIW poolside activities take place at all resort levels. That said, poolside activities may be limited on reopen, just as capacity will be. A lot of the activities don't lend themselves to distancing, and they will be needing CMs to enforce rules.

Thanks for jumping in the pool with me!

I believe in the power of chlorine bleach in a spray bottle or swimming in it! :magnify:

Florida's summer heat & humidity and not to be able to play games in the pool? pirate: That's MUTINY!

We have rented points through a rental company at Jambo in Deluxe Studio July 4-11. Will we get automatically moved or do I need to contact Disney, the rental company? MDE still showing Jambo.
I am in the same boat. I'm just going to keep holding tight and see what happens. As long as I have a room in Disney, I'm good : )

So I don't know if it was in this thread or another where I shared that I had switched out a Thanksgiving booking at Jambo to CCV and then when the Jambo availability dropped, I stupidly assumed that meant that Jambo was opening and switched back. To make matters worse, I switched out a Labor Day trip we had scheduled for BLT to Jambo as well. We are new DVCers and were just so excited to stay at AKV since it was our home resort. I guess I'm an idiot and a glutton for punishment for messing our trips up twice. I was so irritated when I found out that it wasn't opening and that I had given up perfectly good reservations for the equivalent of DVC roulette, that I emailed Terri Schultz. I asked her why nothing has actually been formally communicated to the membership about the closure. She emailed me back and this was her response:

I hope this note finds you and your family safe and well. I will certainly try my best to answer your questions as it relates to Animal Kingdom.

As we begin to open up all of our Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World we are doing so balancing both your association’s costs (e.g. dues) along with member demand for the property. What that means specifically for Animal Kingdom is at opening on 6/22 we will start by opening the rooms in Kidani Village first, and housing all reservations on the books there since we are not yet full. This is the most efficient way to open the property while also efficiently managing your association costs. Over time as the Parks open and the number of reservations increase, we will increase the amount of inventory opened at that property including expanding to Jambo house.

As it relates to inventory availability, it looks like we were experiencing a technology issue and the Jambo House inventory was not appropriately displaying. As you might imagine during these past weeks we have been juggling a lot of system updates to keep up with all the closures, openings and more, and it appears this issue slipped through. It is now fixed, which is why you can now see available inventory at Jambo House.

I am an optimist so I am very hopeful that by the time we get to September and November our phased opening will have long been complete and we will be welcoming you and your family home to Jambo house. That said, I can’t see into the future but if for some reason those accommodations are not available you will not lose your reservation or ability to enjoy a stay in Orlando, we will be able to accommodate you at Kidani.

I hope the above insight helps. Until we can Welcome you Home please take care.

Terri

I wrote her back because she did not address my question of why Jambo House has not been formally announced as not opening. Here is what I wrote:

We appreciate your timely response. We completely understand the need to consolidate regarding Jambo House, but when will this information be shared publicly with the membership? We know we would have liked to have had it when we modified our reservations from Bay Lake Tower and Copper Creek to Jambo House. We would never made that change if we knew that Jambo House’s opening date was yet to be determined. Members need this information in order to make decisions about how to spend their points. Additionally, it puts undue strain on Member Services when owners have to call to find it out and the answers are often inconsistent. We understand that there is a lot of change happening right now, but communication should not suffer as a result.

Her response:

We are working on ensuring our Member Services advisors share the correct info, as well as some messaging on the web site. Don’t have the exact date, but we are working on it as we know it is important.

Terri

I thought sharing our exchange might be helpful to the members here so you can see that they have no planned opening date at the moment, but I really still do not understand their reluctance to publicly share this.

Last edited:
Oopsies no Jambo for a week, my bad! Those silly computers!

I have a Christmas Jambo Club Level booking that I should probably just cancel. Refunding the point difference is so disappointing. It's just maddening to have no communication. I'll respect the decisions, I just need to know what they are!

Here's a new notice on the Book a Resort page on the DVC site under Jambo and Kidani:

"As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available. "
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.07.19 PM.png

Here's a new notice on the Book a Resort page on the DVC site under Jambo and Kidani:

"As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available. "
View attachment 501609
So translating:
  • Only Kidani at first
  • Jambo DVC will reopen someday
  • When Jambo DVC reopens the restaurants and gift shop wont. Probably. Maybe. But you can take the bus to Kidani
  • Once the cash side of Jambo reopens they'll open the restaurants and gift shop.

Did I miss anything?

So translating:
  • Only Kidani at first
  • Jambo DVC will reopen someday
  • When Jambo DVC reopens the restaurants and gift shop wont. Probably. Maybe. But you can take the bus to Kidani
  • Once the cash side of Jambo reopens they'll open the restaurants and gift shop.

Did I miss anything?
Are you sure they will have a bus to Kidani? Will they have the Jambo pool open?

Are you sure they will have a bus to Kidani? Will they have the Jambo pool open?
I am not, actually! It would probably be better if they drove a parking lot tram over from AK and used that for the time being.

I've got 2 nights in a value studio for the last week of July, so I guess we'll see where they put me. I can't imagine Jambo will be open by then. I've also got 1 night in a value room in September, so I wonder if they'll be open then. I think I'd rather just stay in Kidani than in Jambo with no amenities.

I've got 2 nights in a value studio for the last week of July, so I guess we'll see where they put me. I can't imagine Jambo will be open by then. I've also got 1 night in a value room in September, so I wonder if they'll be open then. I think I'd rather just stay in Kidani than in Jambo with no amenities.

I have a week in a value 2 bedroom at Jambo in mid-July. As much as I love Jambo, in this case a move to Kidani would be an upgrade, I'll take it :) Now... I have club level booked for late August and will be SUPER bummed if that gets moved :(

I have a confirmed reservation for a studio value at Jambo June 22nd. There was never a message on Sunday when I booked saying it would be closed. So on Monday I called MS to ask a question and the CM said hmmm how were you able to book AKV Value. Made me wonder she puts me on hold comes back half hour later and says I guess you should be fine. I called back 2 other times and both of those 2 other times was told since I was able to make the reservation must mean Jambo is open. Well I still have no clue but I did in fact tell them I don't want to be moved to kadani or Saratoga so they can move me to a bunglo on value points for all I care but I explained to them the 22nd is in a few days and hopefully magical express doesn't lose my luggage since they can't get their reservation system correct

I have a confirmed reservation for a studio value at Jambo June 22nd. There was never a message on Sunday when I booked saying it would be closed. So on Monday I called MS to ask a question and the CM said hmmm how were you able to book AKV Value. Made me wonder she puts me on hold comes back half hour later and says I guess you should be fine. I called back 2 other times and both of those 2 other times was told since I was able to make the reservation must mean Jambo is open. Well I still have no clue but I did in fact tell them I don't want to be moved to kadani or Saratoga so they can move me to a bunglo on value points for all I care but I explained to them the 22nd is in a few days and hopefully magical express doesn't lose my luggage since they can't get their reservation system correct
We're supposed to be in a value studio next Wed and Thur. We haven't heard anything about being moved either. Wonder when they'll tell us? At the guard shack when we pull up?

We're supposed to be in a value studio next Wed and Thur. We haven't heard anything about being moved either. Wonder when they'll tell us? At the guard shack when we pull up?
Exactly! I just realized there is absolutely no quick service at kadani so they need to figure it out asap because I refuse to be moved to kadani or saratoga. I have called a bunch of times and even sent Emails the CM are telling me if in fact I have the reservation it will be open but we all know how that goes. The CM are more likely saying whatever they wish to just get us off the phones

Man a Kidani stay with no Jambo amenities would be a hard pass for me. Sorry to those stuck in this situation. It does make sense from Disney’s point of view though since there are so few DVC at Jambo.
Its definitely a hard pass for me and unfortunately for Disney I have the screen shots showing there was no closure message when I went to book so crossing fingers they will move us somewhere else. Im Definitely pushing the issue of no quick service for my 4 year old granddaughter if in fact they do call to move us.

Its definitely a hard pass for me and unfortunately for Disney I have the screen shots showing there was no closure message when I went to book so crossing fingers they will move us somewhere else. Im Definitely pushing the issue of no quick service for my 4 year old granddaughter if in fact they do call to move us.

The Rumor was QS at Sanaa for breakfast and lunch and also expanded QS at the pool bar.

from what others have reported about their 6/22 reservations It was a take it or leave it kidani transfer.

This is what their website now says when booking Jambo or Kidani:
As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village.
The Initial Reopening Period is at least June 22 to July 4, maybe the 10th or even later.

Exactly! I just realized there is absolutely no quick service at kadani so they need to figure it out asap because I refuse to be moved to kadani or saratoga. I have called a bunch of times and even sent Emails the CM are telling me if in fact I have the reservation it will be open but we all know how that goes. The CM are more likely saying whatever they wish to just get us off the phones
I heard they were adding some QS to Sanaa Lounge. I don't know if that will be adequate, though. I am nervous about reduced capacity vs number of people, especially since their booking site now says this:
Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.
Can you imagine Kidani with additional Jambo guests coming over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter