Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

O
Is anyone there now ...
Is both pools open ?????
Are the animals out and doing well ????
Thanks
They said the Uzima Pool will open when Jambo opens, even if it is just DVC portion of rooms...but still not sure when that will happen.

Also curious if they have animals on all Savannas.

I think Jambo will be offered Kidani unless their equivalent room is no longer available.
Ahhh, I just switched us from Poly to a 1 bedroom value at Jambo this morning because I was becoming paranoid about not having a full kitchen with the kids (7 and 5) and potentially spending more time at the resort. I am crossing my fingers that, if we have to move for our August stay, they’ll find us a one bedroom at Kidani.

I rented DVC points for two Jambo studios in November. When I checked with the rental agency yesterday they said DVC is stating this right now:

“As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.”

So I think this means we’re in a “wait and see” mode right now, but I’m worried that if the member doesn’t proactively do something, we might be out of luck later... any advice?

Last edited:
I rented DVC points for two Jambo studios in November. When I checked with the rental agency yesterday they said DVC is stating this right now:

“As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.”

So I think this means we’re in a “wait and see” mode right now, but I’m worried that if the member doesn’t proactively do something, we might be out of luck later... any advice?
And this is what the DVC site says, in the Booking Tool:
All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.
When talking to MS, they indicate they don't know when it will be open, and have been moving people even after July 10. That is after they told me in three calls over a three week period that my reservation at the end of July would be fine because Jambo would be open. You would think they could be a little clearer since July 10 is not that far away. I think they will run out of the right room types at Kidani if they keep moving other reservations from closed deluxe resorts there, on top of the ones from Jambo. And Kidani will be packed, with little QS to speak of.

I don’t think the member can do anything until DVC contacts them about a move, unless you want to be moved elsewhere now. I think DVC may contact members as the reservation is closer, as opposed to resort guests who are not booked through DVC and are likely being contacted sooner. I just switched my August reservation to Jambo today so I’ll let you know if I hear anything. I’m hoping to stay in Jambo, though.

I don’t think the member can do anything until DVC contacts them about a move, unless you want to be moved elsewhere now. I think DVC may contact members as the reservation is closer, as opposed to resort guests who are not booked through DVC and are likely being contacted sooner. I just switched my August reservation to Jambo today so I’ll let you know if I hear anything. I’m hoping to stay in Jambo, though.
WDW is probably reaching out to resort guests to move rooms, while MS is waiting on contacting DVC members because DVC members can easy make modifications online to move to another DVC resort.

WDW is probably reaching out to resort guests to move rooms, while MS is waiting on contacting DVC members because DVC members can easy make modifications online to move to another DVC resort.
Exactly. I’m happy to wait it out since I really want to be where I just booked this morning. Worst case, I trust DVC to switch me to a comparable villa.

And this is what the DVC site says, in the Booking Tool:
All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.
When talking to MS, they indicate they don't know when it will be open, and have been moving people even after July 10. That is after they told me in three calls over a three week period that my reservation at the end of July would be fine because Jambo would be open. You would think they could be a little clearer since July 10 is not that far away. I think they will run out of the right room types at Kidani if they keep moving other reservations from closed deluxe resorts there, on top of the ones from Jambo. And Kidani will be packed, with little QS to speak of.

Thanks, @Doingitagain, that’s what I was thinking... they might run out at Kidani...

Thanks, @npatellye, I’m going to wait it out a bit and watch for any more updates to Jambo’s opening. Fingers crossed we can stay there! If you hear anything please share, thank you!

I will be cancelling my GV at Jambo House on Tuesday. Coming from NY
Finger Lakes region but we're still New Yorkers.

I feel you... we are from a suburb of Buffalo... we are hanging in there in the hopes that the travel restrictions will be eased in the fall.

Is there anyone checking in July 10, 11, 12 that is still at Jambo? Wonder if they have started proactively moving people checking in after July 10? I know they move you if you call in, but I was wondering if they started reaching out. If I show up for my reservation and find out we were moved when we get there, I won't be happy.

I check in to a value studio on July 10th. I did call MS to discuss a variety of things. The CM said I would be moved to Kidani but said they would either call me or it would happen when I arrive.

I check in to a value studio on July 10th. I did call MS to discuss a variety of things. The CM said I would be moved to Kidani but said they would either call me or it would happen when I arrive.
I hope they call you first! If it’s just to Kidani, I could see it being less frustrating (but still frustrating) to find out when you arrive than if they switch you to OKW or SSR when you arrive.

The problem with moving us to Kidani when we arrive is that we have a GV, and the Kidani two level is not acceptable. We booked Jambo specifically for the one level and balconies. It is a "resort only" stay, so we want the grounds, larger table, balcony, etc. We don't want a "hotel" like Boardwalk or Contemporary or Bay Lake.

I know I could switch, but I really want Jambo and the second/third choices are a lot more points.

Any thoughts?

The problem with moving us to Kidani when we arrive is that we have a GV, and the Kidani two level is not acceptable. We booked Jambo specifically for the one level and balconies. It is a "resort only" stay, so we want the grounds, larger table, balcony, etc. We don't want a "hotel" like Boardwalk or Contemporary or Bay Lake.

I know I could switch, but I really want Jambo and the second/third choices are a lot more points.

Any thoughts?

The move right now seems to be Kidani...the problem is that if Jambo is closed...and it appears it will be...you are going to have to decide whether to accept a move or use more points for a place other than where they send you.

Typically, it seems like people moved without having to spend their own points have to accept what is offered.

It is a very difficult position you are in because once you get there, options are going to be limited vs. calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter