Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

It sounds very much like Disnye is expanding the pool bar and Sanaa, and Jambo is going to be a ghost town.

Now that they are saying Jambo is opening July 10, will the pool and restaurants there be open as well? Anyone know?
Has anyone asked recently about what will be open at Jambo on July 10? I can't imagine opening all the Jambo DVC rooms and only having restaurants at Kidani. And you would think they need all the pools for social distancing, especially since park hours are very limited.

Jambo is no longer on the list of resorts opening July 10.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

I am in the same boat. I'm just going to keep holding tight and see what happens. As long as I have a room in Disney, I'm good : )
We also are in the same boat, rented points and staying at Jambo. Now that Jambo is no longer showing as opening on July 10th, we are wondering what will happen if we dont hear from the rental agency about a change?

We also are in the same boat, rented points and staying at Jambo. Now that Jambo is no longer showing as opening on July 10th, we are wondering what will happen if we dont hear from the rental agency about a change?
You can try calling (800) 500-3990 , that is the number the list for non-members.

Hmm, I just did an add on Tuesday for a 2 bdrm Savanna Jambo for Oct 12-14. Should I request a wait-list for Kidani or wait and assume they will transfer us if Jambo isn't open yet?

I would not yet. It is off for July 10th...doesn’t mean it won’t be opening by the time you go.

You can try calling (800) 500-3990 , that is the number the list for non-members.

DVC won’t talk to anyone about a DVC reservation unless they are the owner, even if it is the guest on the reservation.

It belongs to the owner until check in. Any renter at Jambo needs to contact the owner to see what they have heard from DVC

Given hold times, I would expect any renter in the next month to show up and be moved when they get there.

I called member services yesterday about my reservation for July 2nd.

They stated it would be open July 1st and I would have a room no matter what even if plans changed.

Guess we'll see what actually happens.

Jambo is showing available for my time at end of July for the type of unit I booked. I am on hold with MS to ask about why Jambo villas dropped off July 10 opening list and will post when I get through. Had a busy signal for 30 minutes, then a 55 minute wait.

DVC won’t talk to anyone about a DVC reservation unless they are the owner, even if it is the guest on the reservation.

It belongs to the owner until check in. Any renter at Jambo needs to contact the owner to see what they have heard from DVC

Given hold times, I would expect any renter in the next month to show up and be moved when they get there.
It is times like these where the really good DVC rental agencies will stand out, helping communicate with renters and owners. Conversely, those who don't step up will lose future business, IMO.

It's worth noting that Jambo is also not showing up as being available in 2021.
It is also not in the list of resorts opening at future dates. Are they not planning on reopening Jambo? I have a Grand Villa booked there April 17-22....

Copy of post in the DVC-Mousecellaneous/Jambo thread:
I talked to MS and he first said he was told Jambo was opening July 1. I told him it disappeared from the website (he didn't know), and so he reached out to a manager. Then he said they don't know what date it will open the DVC villas, that Jambo House is owned by Walt Disney Travel and DVC only rents a couple floors from them. They need a decision from Walt Disney Travel on Jambo House. I asked then if that means that the hotel side would open at the same time as DVC rooms, and he thought so. He offered to help me change or cancel, but said if I really want Jambo I should hang on. No idea when they would know, but said MS would contact us by 7 days before arrival if we had to move or cancel. He said they are currently working on reservations before July 1. I don't want to go to Kidani, the three bedroom there is not equivalent to the three bedroom at Jambo. Head bang!

• Wow
Reactions: cm8
It is also not in the list of resorts opening at future dates. Are they not planning on reopening Jambo? I have a Grand Villa booked there April 17-22....

From what my friend told me, they are not allowing any reservations to be booked at resorts that have not been given an open date.

This way, if something happens, it’s less of a mess. So, since WDW has not announced AKL opening, it will not be bookable for cash guests until then.

Well I can tell you they'll have to open at least DVC Jambo by September unless a lot of people start canceling. They won't have DVC rooms to move DVC people to if they don't.

We're booked there early December in a studio and there is no where currently in the entirety of DVC to move us to.

This way, if something happens, it’s less of a mess. So, since WDW has not announced AKL opening, it will not be bookable for cash guests until then.

Yeah, it's nice to see they went to such great lengths to avoid a "mess" with Jambo... :rolleyes:

What QS dining is currently open at Kidani and Jambo? Anything scheduled to open? From what I’ve seen it’s just Sana’a right?

Did anyone booked at Jambo in 2020 receive the Disney Destinations email to confirm their stay? We received one for our August VGF stay, but not one for. November Jambo villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter