ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

But there were people getting through and purchasing at 6, so it definitely wasn't "not available until 9"
I didn't see any successful reports of purchasing until around 840 or so and I managed to snag mine around 8:45.

Logged out and then logged back in and was put in the queue with a 45 minute wait time. I only waited 15 minutes after that and was let in for purchase. Purchase went well and received a confirmation number. Email confirmation came about 5 minutes after purchase.

BIG UPDATE FOR ME:

Around 9:05 am I tried again on my ipad and was able to enter the virtual queue. I just got through it and made the purchase at about 9:55. I checked the MDE app and I can see the newly purchased pass in there.

Right after I entered the queue on my ipad, I also entered the queue on my computer. The wait time on that is now 17 minutes. (Current time: 9:59 am.) I just closed that window so that I'm not wasting a place in the queue. But it kept me in the queue until I cleared the browsing data for that web browser.

A few things about my experience:

a) I had been logged in. But when I finally got through the queue, I had to log in again.

b) I had to assign the pass I was purchasing to one of the people in my MDE account.
I chose myself.
It showed that my age is 18+.
But it made me enter my date of birth.
It also made me enter my phone number and email address, even though both of those things should be in there because it's my MDE account.

c) After you enter your credit card info, don't forget to scroll through all the terms and conditions, then check the box saying you agree to them. I missed that step, and when I tried to proceed it said there were errors on my page. Once I did that, I was able to continue.

I keep getting the error message. I've opened up the terms and conditions window but there's no box for me to check off?

Logically, I'm still not sure why Disney wouldn't allow a Sorcerers pass or Incredi-pass for early purchase for DVC members. Seems like this would make DVC members happy and still pay full price for Disney. Sometimes I wonder whom is in charge of this type of stuff.

Ok so color me not too up on how this all works but it looks like the annual pass automatically loaded into my plans. Is that correct? Am I understanding correctly what I'm seeing in MDE?
That is your voucher....unless things have changed, you will need to stop at GR and have that activated before entering into the park, as they verify your membership and ID's at that time.

Logically, I'm still not sure why Disney wouldn't allow a Sorcerers pass or Incredi-pass for early purchase for DVC members. Seems like this would make DVC members happy and still pay full price for Disney. Sometimes I wonder whom is in charge of this type of stuff.

The Incredipass is for all guests....its not specific to DVC...so there is no reason to give any one group a head start...even FL residents don't have access to Sorcerer today...

It appears that what they did was give eligible DVC owners access to our pass, and that from now on, we may see sales of this pass stay longer than general public or FL resident passes.

After several attempts I finally was able to purchase an Annual Pass online. That being said I was in a "Virtual" wait queue with a wait in excess of 30 minutes. Then all of a sudden screen change and it asks for information. After that it was pretty much like any other online purchase. If you can do it online that would be my suggestion. Let's just say it was "chaotic" to go through the process today. Best of luck to everyone. It will be interesting to see how crazy it gets when it's available to everyone.

That is your voucher....unless things have changed, you will need to stop at GR and have that activated before entering into the park, as they verify your membership and ID's at that time.

Thanks, it's been a while since I last had to do this.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. pixiedust: Now I off to get started with all the things I need to do today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter