Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Whoa, that is crazy! There's a bit of a smoke haze here (I think from the Calif. fires) but nothing like that.:faint:
I know, right? I can't fathom what it would be like to be right where it's burning. Keep in mind those fires are many hundreds, if not thousands of miles away from here. Very unique wind patterns blow up from the south along the western mountain ranges and the passes through the Rockies act as a funnel. This is the same phenomenon that brings us our blessed warm Chinooks winds in the winter where the temperatures can rise from -15F to 50F (-25C to 10C) in the matter of an afternoon. On a brighter note, I "think" I hear thunder in the distance. C'mon rain!! :woohoo:

I know, right? I can't fathom what it would be like to be right where it's burning. Keep in mind those fires are many hundreds, if not thousands of miles away from here. Very unique wind patterns blow up from the south along the western mountain ranges and the passes through the Rockies act as a funnel. This is the same phenomenon that brings us our blessed warm Chinooks winds in the winter where the temperatures can rise from -15F to 50F (-25C to 10C) in the matter of an afternoon. On a brighter note, I "think" I hear thunder in the distance. C'mon rain!! :woohoo:

So sorry you are having to cope with the effects of those horrid fires. Hopefully there will be relief for everyone affected, and you get the needed rainfall. Stay safe.

So sorry you are having to cope with the effects of those horrid fires. Hopefully there will be relief for everyone affected, and you get the needed rainfall. Stay safe.
Like I said upthread - it's absolutely unthinkable to imagine what it's like for the residents of the areas that are actually burning. :sad:

Living in a bushfire prone area sucks for a multiple of reasons. I hope they get it under control soon I know some of our firies are over there as I type giving extra assistance.

I am freezing. We’re currently relying on heat from the split system in one area of the house and my electricity bills are insane. Friday I got on the phone and negotiated a 40% pay on time discount for a guaranteed 12 months so should ease it a bit. We’re not using the coonara as we’ve just managed to get my sons asthma under control and I neglected to get the flue cleaned prior to Winter. I’m counting the days down to Spring.

It’s been a tough few months here, my dad has been quite ill and suffered two strokes which has seen him in and out of hospital. He’s just been allowed to start driving again, very short distances. But he still has a way to go. As we don’t live nearby I’ve been running up and down the highway more than usual, solely to give him the standard daughter dad lectures of not climbing up on ladders waving a chainsaw around at a gum tree. Lecture fell on death ears.

I’m here because I’m procrastinating, I have 8 pages of data to analyse which is hanging over my head like the sword of Damocles.

Hope all is well in ALDIO land :love:

Living in a bushfire prone area sucks for a multiple of reasons. I hope they get it under control soon I know some of our firies are over there as I type giving extra assistance.

I am freezing. We’re currently relying on heat from the split system in one area of the house and my electricity bills are insane. Friday I got on the phone and negotiated a 40% pay on time discount for a guaranteed 12 months so should ease it a bit. We’re not using the coonara as we’ve just managed to get my sons asthma under control and I neglected to get the flue cleaned prior to Winter. I’m counting the days down to Spring.

It’s been a tough few months here, my dad has been quite ill and suffered two strokes which has seen him in and out of hospital. He’s just been allowed to start driving again, very short distances. But he still has a way to go. As we don’t live nearby I’ve been running up and down the highway more than usual, solely to give him the standard daughter dad lectures of not climbing up on ladders waving a chainsaw around at a gum tree. Lecture fell on death ears.

I’m here because I’m procrastinating, I have 8 pages of data to analyse which is hanging over my head like the sword of Damocles.

:hug: Sometimes it just feels like the world is spinning too fast and there's nowhere to stop and get off when you get dizzy. Thinking of you! :flower3:

Oh and what the heck is a coonara? I'm going to guess some sort of fireplace?

Hey you:hug: Sorry to hear about your dad, if he's driving it sounds like he's going to come out of this pretty well. We miss seeing you around here, when things get better please come back & hang out on a regular basis.

:hug: Hang in there down under. Spring is just around the corner! :)

Checking in with a quick hello from Oklahoma!!! The Wi-Fi connection and cell reception are not great, so I'll catch up on everyone's posts when i return home. For now, we're just relaxing and enjoying being away from the everyday craziness of life. Hope you guys are having a happy Monday!

Enjoy your break from everyday crazy!

Just dropping in to say hello ALDIO disers. We just returned from a bus tour to Windsor, Ontario across the border from Detroit, USA. We went last winter and returned in a snow storm! So... this trip was more enjoyable. :sunny:

Glad you had a fun trip! I always enjoyed a trip over the border to visit Windsor when we had family near Detroit.

Enjoy your break from everyday crazy!

Thanks! We're back now, but it was fun while it lasted. It rained almost the whole time, so I didn't do much besides read and play board games. No hiking for me this time. Sometimes that's okay, though, and this was one of those times. We'll just have to have a do-over - hopefully in the fall. At least the temps were incredible this time. Definitely had my sweater on! High 60s, low 70s most of the time. And by sweater, I mean lightweight - not some heavy woolen cable knit. But, still, you can't wear even a light weight sweater here in the summer because the temps and humidity are just way too high. Honestly, it was shocking to have those temps in August in OK. Guess the rain brought them in.

Speaking of rain, I'm glad you guys received rain, too, @ronandannette . I was thinking about you guys while we were getting soaked.

So sorry to hear your dad has been unwell. Sending wishes for continued recovery for him. Hopefully, he starts to listen to your good advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter