• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any unopened restaurants bumming you out?

My favorite QS on property is Tangierine Cafe which will be open. I highly recommend it! This will be my first Epcot “festival” — I’m excited but also anticipating spending too much money. Lol

My favorite too. Pretty much anything in Epcot that is not the Electric Umbrella is edible. LOL

Les Halles and Kringla Bakeri! Not sure I have ever been in Epcot without eating School Bread and stuffing myself at Les Halles. However, this is forcing me to branch out, so I will survive!
I also like BOG QS for lunch, so sad about that.
Does anyone know of the Caramel place in Germany will be open???

I’m pretty bummed to see a few favorites of mine aren’t reopening with the parks! I have been dreaming about trying a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern for YEARS. It was at the top of my to-try list for snacks. :sad1: My husband is upset that Casey’s Corner isn’t reopening. It’s been a tradition to eat a Casey’s hotdog on our last night in Magic Kingdom. And of course, ‘Ohana is probably the most upsetting for us. We have been craving those noodles and dumplings since our last visit in 2018. 😞 We are set to arrive two weeks after the opening date; I’m hoping (wishful thinking) that at least one of these places will be opened by then.

Are any of your favorite spots closed?

I have to throw in with the husband .. I too was disappointed at the lack of Casey’s Corner. I enjoy quite a bit of table service while at Disney World, but that is a traditional quick service treat I enjoy every trip.

Chefs de France, Be Our Guest for breakfast, Ohana, Gaston's Tavern love those cinnamon rolls and they have a great fruit and cheese plate, and Crystal Palace I've been going there since I was a kid.

I would imagine it’s a cost thing, with low capacity means less patrons and an operation like Ohana needs seats filled constantly. If you get one big eater who has three or four portions more than average then they’re operating at a loss because they don’t have the volume to make it up.

Not to mention - because Ohana is more of a dining “experience,” many people tend to make this a longer meal. It’s why dinner there is always so backed up - because of the amount of food and the way it is served, many groups try to pace this meal and hang around for a while grazing.

With distanced tables, plus the fact that it can be a naturally a longer experience than typical menu service, I think it makes sense for them to hold off for a while.

Casey’s
Harbor House (I want my hush puppies!)
Chefs de France
California Grill
Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (Ima miss the Chocolate Mousse)
Turf Club
Narcoosee’s
Citricos
Top of the World Lounge (Wanted to go here SOOOO BADLY)

And they might as well have closed Tony’s since that menu is practically gutted.

Not to mention - because Ohana is more of a dining “experience,” many people tend to make this a longer meal. It’s why dinner there is always so backed up - because of the amount of food and the way it is served, many groups try to pace this meal and hang around for a while grazing.

With distanced tables, plus the fact that it can be a naturally a longer experience than typical menu service, I think it makes sense for them to hold off for a while.

Also, do they bring the same meat skewers around to the tables?

Casey’s
Harbor House (I want my hush puppies!)
Chefs de France
California Grill
Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (Ima miss the Chocolate Mousse)
Turf Club
Narcoosee’s
Citricos
Top of the World Lounge (Wanted to go here SOOOO BADLY)

And they might as well have closed Tony’s since that menu is practically gutted.

I was shocked when I saw that Tony's wouldn't be offering spaghetti and meatballs! I mean how can a Lady and the Tramp themed restaurant not serve spaghetti and meatballs?! I did see they will offer spaghetti and Impossible meatballs so maybe it is a beef distributor problem.

Boma. I go every trip. But I am not going until October so I am holding out hope that they can convert it to where the cast members serve you, like cafeteria style.

Teppan Edo and BoG lunch.
I noticed all the restaurant groups restaurants in japan are not opening right away I think they are going to wait for kind of like how Morimoto opened a little later (same ownership).

I noticed all the restaurant groups restaurants in japan are not opening right away I think they are going to wait for kind of like how Morimoto opened a little later (same ownership).

I am not too worried. I am about 95% sure I am cancelling September. So hopefully, Teppan Edo will be open by March. That is one of my favorite of all the restaurants!

I'm disappointed Tusker House isn't opening with family-style dining. Would be nice for them to open Tusker House or Bomas family style. We'll miss Flying Fish that we had planned for our August trip, but are planning on trying some places in DS we hadn't tried before. I'd be disappointed if NONE of the other closed restaurants come back (I don't think that's remotely a possibility over time), but I'm OK with missing any of the others for our next trip. Tusker House and Bomas just do such a good job of making absolutely everyone in the family happy that we never miss at least one of them.

Bruce

Tutto Gusto. Go there every time for the cheese + meat board and wine. I see how it would be hard to open, though. The tables are cheek to jowl.

I'm just curious in case I missed some information somewhere, but why are we to assume that California Grill, for instance, is not going to open when the full resort opens? I've only seen the list of restaurants that Disney has released will be open when the parks reopen, but there are many resorts that are not going to be fully operational at that time including the Contemporary. I think it makes sense that California Grill may not be open until the non-DVC portion reopens, but has there been any information released that even when the main portion of the resort re-opens that CG will not? It would seem odd for Disney to re-open the resort, re-open the parks, and not re-open the signature restaurant at the Contemporary where social distancing can pretty easily take place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter