• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any unopened restaurants bumming you out?

I'm just curious in case I missed some information somewhere, but why are we to assume that California Grill, for instance, is not going to open when the full resort opens? I've only seen the list of restaurants that Disney has released will be open when the parks reopen, but there are many resorts that are not going to be fully operational at that time including the Contemporary. I think it makes sense that California Grill may not be open until the non-DVC portion reopens, but has there been any information released that even when the main portion of the resort re-opens that CG will not? It would seem odd for Disney to re-open the resort, re-open the parks, and not re-open the signature restaurant at the Contemporary where social distancing can pretty easily take place.
Well, it’s not on this list, but maybe they’ve only updated the parks dining and not the resort dining (Or maybe that’s wishful thinking on our part)?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/

Will miss Tusker House, Kringla, Columbia Harbor House. Last experience at Ohana was so rushed, that we were over it anyway. But I do worry that it will mean it's harder to get a table at Kona Cafe. Wanted to try Hoop Dee Doo Revue this year. I'll also miss Trader Sam's!

Will miss Tusker House, Kringla, Columbia Harbor House. Last experience at Ohana was so rushed, that we were over it anyway. But I do worry that it will mean it's harder to get a table at Kona Cafe. Wanted to try Hoop Dee Doo Revue this year. I'll also miss Trader Sam's!
yes I cant wait for trader same to open with Social Distancing I doubt they could fit enough people to break even due to the size.

Definitely going to miss Columbia Harbor House, Les Halles and Flying Fish. Also notice that some my favorites are now missing from the restaurants that will be open. I know this is due to supply chain issues and the economic impact of having fewer guests, but I have to say I'm a bit concerned about the possible effect this will have on guests like me that need the allergy friendly menu options.

Crystal Palace breakfast. Was the first meal we had on the first trip taking our daughters. They were 8 and 6 then. Have had at least one breakfast there every time we have gone; seven trips. This is the last trip before our oldest daughter leaves for college. Food wasn’t always the best, but the memories are.

Crystal Palace breakfast. Was the first meal we had on the first trip taking our daughters. They were 8 and 6 then. Have had at least one breakfast there every time we have gone; seven trips. This is the last trip before our oldest daughter leaves for college. Food wasn’t always the best, but the memories are.

I am in exactly the same situation. CP the first morning at WDW with my son, age 2 then age 3. This is our first trip there since then, and he turns 18 shortly.

Les Halles - the chocolate mousse...

I assume at the very least most of the QS will reopen in stages. The TS I think depend on what the previous systems were and how much space can be left between tables, whether family-style is a viable option for some of the buffets/skewer-style, etc.

Definitely sad to see the lack of signatures opening though Jiko is definitely the one I'm most upset about. Looks like we will be spending lots of time in Disney Springs.

Les Halles, Gaston's, Cheshire Cafe, Flying Fish, Jaleo, Trader Sam's, Casey's, Columbia Harbor House, Plaza Ice Cream, Kusafiri, Tusker House, Woody's, Kringla

Ohana for sure. Cape May. Lots mentioned Flying Fish. We’ve never been! Gonna have to try it once it opens. I’m sad that we have to limit our dinners at Epcot. They have so many choices that we love that we would go to a different park during the day then go eat dinner at Epcot at night. Can’t do that now without the park hopping. Sad. But we’re gonna try some other places and try some different dining at different resorts if we can get some reservations. We’ll try to branch out as others said lol.

Right?! It makes no sense. If they’re continuing with family-style for other restaurants on property, I have no idea why ‘Ohana isn’t included. It’s also a huge restaurant. With limited release of ADRs, they could easily spread the tables out. The only thing I can think of is the meat skewer CM going from table to table would be a no-no, but they could change that easily.
My guess is it will come back once Poly is fully opened. Right now it's just DVC villas not the hotel side

Well, I suppose now Jock Lindsey's will be on my list of missed dining. They are table service with reservations, so maybe they can find a way to open. Having "Bar" in the name doesn't help!

Well, I suppose now Jock Lindsey's will be on my list of missed dining. They are table service with reservations, so maybe they can find a way to open. Having "Bar" in the name doesn't help!
its based on sales there are also different liquor licenses based on sales but yes I was looking forward to it also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter