• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any unopened restaurants bumming you out?

Tokyo Dining. We love it so much, we usually eat there at least 3 times during our stay. 😔

Teppan Edo 😭 - we eat there multiple times each trip so I'll def miss that.
Also Ohana, Narcoossees and Citricos. Very sad none of these are an option right now.

CRT - was really hoping to go one more time before my youngest was completely over princesses. I was looking into getting an ADR somewhere else in MK for lunch since they close at 7 - not really getting enthused about anything though. We did Skipper Canteen on our last trip and I just asked my DD17 his thoughts about it. He didn't remember even after I filled in some of the details about it - not really worth going back with that in mind.

Jiko
Jiko
Ale and Compass
Columbia Harbor House

BOG Lunch would have made the list but on our last trip in Feb it was our 2nd most expensive meal for 2 and it was not very good :-(

Casey's
Columbia Harbor House
California Grill
I would add Yorkshire Fishshop since it is a must-do for us but we just snagged a Rose &Crown ADR as a replacement

I’m bummed about O’Hana. We had reservations for breakfast and dinner. We were able to get a reservation for Whispering Canyon for next week so I’m excited about that. Plus, we haven’t looked around at WL since they renovated and added more DVC. I want to check that out.

I’m pretty bummed to see a few favorites of mine aren’t reopening with the parks! I have been dreaming about trying a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern for YEARS. It was at the top of my to-try list for snacks. :sad1: My husband is upset that Casey’s Corner isn’t reopening. It’s been a tradition to eat a Casey’s hotdog on our last night in Magic Kingdom. And of course, ‘Ohana is probably the most upsetting for us. We have been craving those noodles and dumplings since our last visit in 2018. 😞 We are set to arrive two weeks after the opening date; I’m hoping (wishful thinking) that at least one of these places will be opened by then.

Are any of your favorite spots closed?

If it's any consolation we didn't think the rolls at Gaston's were very good. They were dry and the only thing that made them decent was the icing. I know I'm in the minority. I would however be extremely upset about 'Ohana. We have visited 'Ohana every visit and have even commented we should go twice in a trip. It's so good!!!

Ohana is the one I'm most disappointed about, although our trip isn't until March so a lot could change by then. On the other hand, without being on a dining plan, I could see us not eating at a ton of expensive sit down places anyway.

As for why they aren't opening, I have no idea, but I don't think bringing the same skewers to each table is an issue. Our local Brazilian Steakhouse is open and still doing exactly that. You don't actually touch the skewer so there is no cross contamination.

BOG Lunch would have made the list but on our last trip in Feb it was our 2nd most expensive meal for 2 and it was not very good :-(

Ya know, I’ve tried BOG lunch two different trips and was really unimpressed both times. We had the QS dining plan, so I didn’t feel too bad about the “meh” food. I have a reservation to try dinner there later this month. I’m not crazy about the price, but my friends swear it was their favorite meal last year and they want to go back. I’ll give it a shot!

If it's any consolation we didn't think the rolls at Gaston's were very good. They were dry and the only thing that made them decent was the icing. I know I'm in the minority. I would however be extremely upset about 'Ohana. We have visited 'Ohana every visit and have even commented we should go twice in a trip. It's so good!!!

Ok, that does make me feel a tad better that you thought it wasn’t worth the hype. I booked an ADR at Kona Cafe one morning before our MK day. I’m hoping the Tonga Toast will fill the void in my heart where the cinnamon roll was supposed to be. 😂

A little OT (sorry), gonna ask here just because this is an active food thread - does anyone know where we can find the vegan Mickey Waffles outside of POP? We called yesterday and they didn't know - things are pretty fluid right now and this is clearly not a top priority for them. Just wondering - could be a fun adventure on our EPCOT day anyway (breakfast at POP, Skyliner to EPCOT).

Almost everything is bumming me out :guilty:

We were so excited to do chef Mickey's. I really loved all our ADRs and watching them be deleted was painful.

We are excited to try Beaches and Cream though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter