Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out today also that I passed ROFR. I faxed it to TSS last Monday and it was submitted to Disney that same day. I am buying at BWV, can't wait for my first trip home.

Looking hard now, but are seeing a ton of stripped contracts. Options of going lower in points and adding on once members to make the 150-175 pt mark or finding the one contract that fits our needs (ok wants).

Question: Does DVC charge a closing fee for add-ons?

Thanks for the kind words, we will find one. I might force Disney to buy more points, but I'm not in a huge hurry (just a little excited to get it done).

:)
No points yet. MS said call back in a week.... :hourglass :coffee:

That's great, JackieMD, congratulations!:banana: Please send some pixie dust our way because we're still not in the system yet, :sad1: even after Brenda at TTS closing services requested a "rush" for us to be added to Disney's system.:confused3 :hourglass

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

I found out today also that I passed ROFR. I faxed it to TSS last Monday and it was submitted to Disney that same day. I am buying at BWV, can't wait for my first trip home.

Same here! :goodvibes

We faxed to TSS last Sunday, but of course it was submitted on Monday. I'm shocked we made it through so quickly! :banana:

We're buying at VWL, but I bet you'll have a ton o' fun at BWV. It was the only other one we seriously considered buying. Good choice! :thumbsup2

Hi,

I just found out that Disney passed on our contract. 50 points VB @ $71, all
points in March 08.

Same here! :goodvibes

We faxed to TSS last Sunday, but of course it was submitted on Monday. I'm shocked we made it through so quickly! :banana:

We're buying at VWL, but I bet you'll have a ton o' fun at BWV. It was the only other one we seriously considered buying. Good choice! :thumbsup2

Congrats to you!

I just love the whole Epcot resort area! VWL is one I would like to try at some time as I love WL.

I am already planning a trip for Feb and May for BWV that as soon as I am in the system I will call as I should be in at the 11th month window for both by the time I close. I also am taking my goddaughter next August, but that may be a split stay with GF as we are going for 9 days.

Congrats to you!

I just love the whole Epcot resort area! VWL is one I would like to try at some time as I love WL.

I am already planning a trip for Feb and May for BWV that as soon as I am in the system I will call as I should be in at the 11th month window for both by the time I close. I also am taking my goddaughter next August, but that may be a split stay with GF as we are going for 9 days.

The Epcot area is definitely "the" place to be if you want to be in the middle of the action! How cool to walk from your room to the International Gateway in just minutes! Not to mention the boat ride to DS, the Boardwalk itself, and the great restaurants all around there. How magical!

Here's some pixie dust to help you on your quest to get your rooms for Feb and May: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Congratulations! :goodvibes

We lost out on our last resale purchase but this time it we've made it. Disney has waived their right for:

SSR 175 points 83.50 per point all points coming in October this year.

Those of you who've been unlucky, don't give up :)

Question: Does DVC charge a closing fee for add-ons?
No -- once you are a member, you can purchase more points directly from Disney without having to pay any closing costs. You can add on as few as 25 points if paying cash or 50 points if you want Disney financing. The add-on contract will have the same Use Year as your original contract. Also, your add-on can be any number of points above the minimum: 27 points, 113 points, whatever you need.

ETA: The price to add on more points is going up on June 5th by $3/pt for most resorts, $6/pt for BCV.

Thanks for the info Lisa. Just looking at all the options again. Back to the drawing board. DVC is in my future (the funds must be burning a hole in my pocket).

Really do appreciate all the information being shared here. It has only solidified my desire to be a member of DVC.

Thanks all. :thumbsup2

Dan

Hi guys,

I closed last Thursday and need to call sometime this week to see if I'm in the system. What is the # to call. Also, can I immediately add on points to my contract? Does anyone know the per point price to add on @ BWV?

Thanks, for all the info...

FINALLY :rolleyes1
:cool1: After starting this resale process on March 24th, we finally got into the system today.:cool1: Points aren't showing yet but we can do our addon today which is already in the works - Hurray. Once I get confirmation of our October reservation, I'll post our entire time frame from resale pending to making our first ressie.

Disney Dreamin' (and things are looking much better now.:thumbsup2 )
Sharon

Hi guys,

I closed last Thursday and need to call sometime this week to see if I'm in the system. What is the # to call. Also, can I immediately add on points to my contract? Does anyone know the per point price to add on @ BWV?

Thanks, for all the info...

We closed last Wednesday and today we are in the system and doing an addon today. I'll send you a PM with the MS phone # to call.

Just received word that we closed! Here is our timeframe:

4/18 Made an offer on a resale contract.
4/18 Offer accepted.
4/19 Faxed signed offer sheet to resale company and mailed deposit check to closing agent.
4/20 Contract sent to Disney for ROFR.
5/2 Passed ROFR.
5/15 Received final closing documents via email to sign and return with final payment to closing agent.
5/17 Closing agent received our (buyers) signed documents along with final payment.
5/22 Officially closed. Now waiting to be put into the system.

Almost officially a member!

Bill

:cool1: I knew it wouldn't be too much longer as we closed almost on the same day. Now to get those points in the system! :rolleyes1

We started this process on March 19th!

Just received word that we closed! Here is our timeframe:

4/18 Made an offer on a resale contract.
4/18 Offer accepted.
4/19 Faxed signed offer sheet to resale company and mailed deposit check to closing agent.
4/20 Contract sent to Disney for ROFR.
5/2 Passed ROFR.
5/15 Received final closing documents via email to sign and return with final payment to closing agent.
5/17 Closing agent received our (buyers) signed documents along with final payment.
5/22 Officially closed. Now waiting to be put into the system.

Almost officially a member!

Bill

WOW Bill, that's almost half the time it took us! I'll be posting our time frame shortly today. Congratulations, and Welcome Home.:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Congratulations and Welcome Home! We can't post MS's phone number here but if you try Google... ;)

The price/pt to add on at BWV is currently $95. It's going up to $98/pt on June 5th.

:cool1: I knew it wouldn't be too much longer as we closed almost on the same day. Now to get those points in the system! :rolleyes1

We started this process on March 19th!

Thank you, Jackie. Your process took quite awhile too. Here's some pixie dust to help your points appear in the system. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Here's our timelime.

March 24 - Made offer at TTS for VWL - 100 points - December UY
March 27 - Offer accepted
April 4 - Sent to Disney for ROFR
April 11 - Disney waived ROFR
April 27 - Received closing documents
April 28 - Signed and returned closing docs (overnight)
April 30 - TTS confirms receipt of Buyer's closing docs
May 14 - TTS receiveds Seller's closing docs (exactly two weeks later)
May 16 - CLOSED - (Two days after deadline stated in contract)
May 22 - In the System (VWL points not in yet)
Add On at Animal Kingdom Villas - AKV points in system immediately
Make a reservation for AKV for second week of October

Okay we got exactly what we wanted and needed. Now, after a sigh of relief - It's time to PARTY!!!

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

party: party: party:

FINALLY :rolleyes1
:cool1: After starting this resale process on March 24th, we finally got into the system today.:cool1: Points aren't showing yet but we can do our addon today which is already in the works - Hurray. Once I get confirmation of our October reservation, I'll post our entire time frame from resale pending to making our first ressie.

QUOTE]

Congratulations & Welcome Home!!!

We made our first reservation today!! Here is our timeline...

4/10 made offer on OKW
4/11 signed contracts
4/16 sent to Disney
4/20 passed ROFR
5/8 signed closing docs
5/17 closed
5/23 in computer-made first res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter