Anyone's ADR's cancelled yet?

I understand why they had to cancel everything, but why would they cancel the dining plan as well? If we can make reservations 60 days out, I’ll just make the same reservations (if we can get them again!), I was going to purchase a gift card and use that.
The dining plan encourages people to eat all their meals onsite. That’s normally what Disney wants, but with reduced capacities at restaurants, I think Disney wants people to eat off site or bring a few groceries for light meals in ther rooms.

Plus, with the low restaurant capacity and possibility of restaurants not even opening, they’d only be dealing with unhappy people who paid for the dining plan, but can’t get a reservation at any of the places they want.

Aug 1-8th... still have Sci Fi, Chefs, Yak & Yeti... lost Beaches, 'Ohana Breakfast and BOG...

Good points disneylover, curious to see what restaurants won’t open. Thank you
You’re welcome. Guessing really. Plus they had so many people booked with free dining and recovery free dining. I think it was just too much, too soon. Cancelling all dining was a just a quick and easy way out.

Mine are slowly going away sadly. Hopefully we will be able to get some back when they reopen the ADR reservations!

Late August, lost Oga’s Cantina, Beaches and Cream dinner, California Grill dinner, Tiffins lion king package, and ‘Ohana breakfast. Still have breakfast at the Plaza, and lunches at Hollywood Derby, Yak and Yeti, Tony’s, Spice Road Table, and Chefs de France. Dates for canceled and remaining ADRs overlap.

Just checked tonight, all our ADRs for October are gone. Not surprised, but I had all the ADRs where and when we wanted.
Hopefully, we can do as well when the 60 days rolls around.

All of my ADRs disappeared sometime this evening. The only things left in my plans now are our unchanged resort reservations and the droid depot. It's a bit sad to see them gone after I worked so hard to get them, but what can you do? Pandemics are a pain. ;)

All of our ADRs disappeared during the day today for our stay at the end of July. I did not receive an email. It is a DVC reservation.

We planned a resort only stay with character dining and some specialty dining outside the parks. Will they have a type of character dining where you see characters from a distance? How will we book ADRs without a park reservation? Guess we will find out soon . But hope I get an email when it is time to book!

All except one (Biergarten) of my ADRs were deleted for my late July/early August reservation. I never received an email; I just happened to check the MDE app. I went ahead and deleted the Biergarten reservation for them. 😂 Hoping I can get the ones I want when the new reservation system opens up since I’m under the 60 day mark...

Will they have a type of character dining where you see characters from a distance?

It is my understanding that there will not be any character dining experiences for the time being. I don’t think they’ll even do “walk throughs” with the characters for fear that people will try to go up to them and get pictures or children wanting to hug them. I’m assuming the restaurants will run as normal just without characters out and about, not even from a distance.

Early August, we still have Sci-Fi and Via Napoli but lost BoG, Homecomin', 'Ohana, and the MM F! package.

Aug is a rebook from May and I was lucky to find the ADRs that I did. Our 60 days is Saturday and I really doubt they will be ready by then to rebook everything. Not super concerned since we might still cancel but really hate all the uncertainty.

July 25 to Aug 1. All but 3 have been cancelled so far. Beaches and Cream, Oga's, Boathouse, Mama Melrose, Homecoming are gone, still show Yak and Yeti, Rose and Crown and Via Napoli.

So depressing.

Our trip is planned from Aug 9-20. Some of our ADRs are gone, but not all.

The ones that haven't been nuked yet are
Biergarten
Hollywood Brown Derby
La Hacienda de San Angel
Skipper Canteen

We had a trip for Aug 18-22nd at GFV but managed to move it to Aug 26-30, its a DVC booking, but I hadn't had a chance to change my ADRs so from that trip they cancelled California Grill and Homecoming first, which is a little odd since you don't need a park ticket to get into DS for Homecoming but I guess it's included with the "we're cancelling all ADRs" - and then this morning I lost LTT, 50's PT, Crystal Palace and BOG - holding on until the bitter end are: Garden Grill, Yak & Yeti, Sci-Fi and the Plaza..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter