• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I called Sunday, July 5, to cancel the remainder of my paid-in-full Platinum AP. I was told they had my information and I would get a call in 2-3 days. When I hadn't received a call by July 9, I called. For hours, any time I tried the WDW-7277 AP line, I got an "all circuits are busy" message. Last night, I finally got through and spent 90 minutes on hold before getting a CM around 9:30pm. She said that the wording was off, that someone would call only if there was a need for more information or clarification. She also said it was good that I called Sunday the 5th because they cut off requests on July 8, 'three days before the parks reopen."
Now 1) She could just be mistaken. We all have been given incorrect information before.
2) It was not clear if she meant that had *paused* taking requests for refunds because they were overwhelmed currently, or if she meant that refund requests were no longer being taken because the parks are reopening and windows of opportunity were now closed.
But I thought I would just share my experience here in case it aligns with what others have been told or experienced. I am still waiting for my refund to get back to my credit card, and I have no idea how much it will be for my AP, activated January 1, 2020, bought in July 2019 for a discount at Sam's Club.

I called Sunday, July 5, to cancel the remainder of my paid-in-full Platinum AP. I was told they had my information and I would get a call in 2-3 days. When I hadn't received a call by July 9, I called. For hours, any time I tried the WDW-7277 AP line, I got an "all circuits are busy" message. Last night, I finally got through and spent 90 minutes on hold before getting a CM around 9:30pm. She said that the wording was off, that someone would call only if there was a need for more information or clarification. She also said it was good that I called Sunday the 5th because they cut off requests on July 8, 'three days before the parks reopen."
Now 1) She could just be mistaken. We all have been given incorrect information before.
2) It was not clear if she meant that had *paused* taking requests for refunds because they were overwhelmed currently, or if she meant that refund requests were no longer being taken because the parks are reopening and windows of opportunity were now closed.
But I thought I would just share my experience here in case it aligns with what others have been told or experienced. I am still waiting for my refund to get back to my credit card, and I have no idea how much it will be for my AP, activated January 1, 2020, bought in July 2019 for a discount at Sam's Club.
There is no deadline

If the extra month is truly a "sorry all this is happening and your pass is now not worth nearly as much as it was" then that would really stink that some aren't given the extra month.
Well... lets take a moment to remember Disney has not stated this in writing anywhere

Disney AP Phone CMs are the same geniuses who told people 3 egregiously erroneous things during the closure that resulted in getting customers to renew their APs (each of these things was said by multiple CMs to multiple DISers, sure other CMs gave out correct info, but too many gave out bad info)
-you can't book FP if you don't renew your AP (you could, just had to have a FP key put on your account)
-you won't get the extension when parks reopen if you don't renew now
-you won't get the 15% off renewal discount offer if your pass is extended if don't renew now

Aaaaaand here we are in July and none of that was true. So, each instance where it sounded like expiring APs were going to get screwed over was 100% the making of Disney AP Phone CMs and the reality turned out to be what Disney stated in writing (they stated in their first email to APs in mid-March they would extend the renewal discount window for expiring passes).

At the end of the day it is indeed a gamble that many are probably not willing to take now that phone CMs are telling people with expiring passes they won't get it if they don't renew. It should not be a gamble and if Disney is going to do this they should tell people. In writing. Because the only thing we have in writing is that Annual Passholders who have paid in full will get one more month in October 2020.

She was clearly mistaken - the Disney website and multiple other reports have clearly said they will be sending out information in early July on how to select between the options.

That would be a breach of contract automatically

I’m sure others have posted but wanted to confirm that I received refund for our 4 AP’s exp date 8/17. Credited back 800 dollars to card that was used to purchase them.

I'm on hold right now, there's a new voice message about this

Dear Valued Passholders,

We want to extend our deepest apologies to the Annual Passholders that were affected by the error that resulted in authorization holds incorrectly applied to their accounts on July 3rd. These holds have been reversed and the change should be reflected in your bank or credit card account at this time.

If you were impacted by this error and incurred bank fees or other harm as a result, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277 for assistance.

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

It makes perfect sense not to hand an extra month over to those who had expiring passes at the time of closure and chose not to renew.
It doesn't make sense. Whether one chooses to renew for another year is irrelevant. The AP holders with expiration dates happening before October were just as inconvenienced as those whose passes don't expire soon. Maybe even more so, BECAUSE our passes expire soon.
No it doesn't. They were equally as affected as those who were lucky enough not to have an AP that expires Jul-Oct of 2020, they deserve the 30 days as much as any other AP holder.
Absolutely!

It doesn't make sense. Whether one chooses to renew for another year is irrelevant. The AP holders with expiration dates happening before October were just as inconvenienced as those whose passes don't expire soon. Maybe even more so, BECAUSE our passes expire soon.

I was under the impression that your pass expired just as the US disney parks shut down. If that wasn't the case and you had weeks left, then yes, I agree with you.

My head is spinning

I was able to contact APH services around the same time that park reservations began for onsite guests.

At that time, I fully intended to keep our reservation the 2nd week of August. A trip with GD, whose Platinum APH I last renewed on 1/4/20.

I requested no extension for her APH, nor my DH. asked instead for whatever refund (the CM said she couldn’t tell me how much).

I requested it for myself, to allow trips thru early December.

Now, with the rising CV numbers & an unexpected surgery in a week+, not sure we will keep the August reservation.

That would result in my GD not using her pass at all this year. Sigh

What are my options, if any at that point?

Primarily, can I ‘change my mind’ now or before the planned August trip?

Can I request a full refund of GD’s renewal/another DVC discounted voucher?

I’ve had no luck calling the APH number all week. Was initially told that a email would be sent out to confirm these elections, but haven’t received it. DId read others posting here that they’ve received credits already back to form of payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter