AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I noticed also today that there was availability for TODAY at Animal Kingdom for single day tickets, but not for pass holders (obviously). I was LIVID. I was understanding about the double charge, I was understanding about not getting in right away, allowing guests with reservations priority, I was ok with three reservations at a time, I couldn't even get into pass holder preview though I clicked on the register right when it popped up and I was ok about that too. I am NOT okay with single day tickets having priority over pass holders. I was thinking after realizing maybe Disney could at least open up same day reservations (as in open up for a day at a time the morning of) so that at least those of us that are local, having to watch everyone going to dead as doornail parks (AK again), would not have to feel so used.

Jennifer

I noticed also today that there was availability for TODAY at Animal Kingdom for single day tickets, but not for pass holders (obviously). I was LIVID. I was understanding about the double charge, I was understanding about not getting in right away, allowing guests with reservations priority, I was ok with three reservations at a time. I am NOT okay with single day tickets having priority over pass holders. I was thinking after realizing maybe Disney could at least open up same day reservations (as in open up for a day at a time the morning of) so that at least those of us that are local, having to watch everyone going to dead as doornail parks (AK again), would not have to feel so used.

Jennifer
It devalues the AP in my mind. I surmise there would be more local AP's that would like to go today, but couldn't get into that "bucket" for entry.

Yeah me. I wasn't happy at all.

Just read an article stating that renewals AND new AP's can be purchased at Guest Services today.
But read a few comments saying ONLY renewals right now, not new AP's. Bummer, sounded too good to be true!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on That Crazy Disney Lady stream yesterday the loooooong line to Guest Relations. What was the problem there? It sounded like it was APs having problems getting into the park.

I saw on That Crazy Disney Lady stream yesterday the loooooong line to Guest Relations. What was the problem there? It sounded like it was APs having problems getting into the park.
I read somewhere it was some sort of glitch that affected paid in full APs, but they were coming up as "payment due." :sad2:

I wish I could say I expect Disney to entice AP's with 40% resort discounts for the remainder of the year, but I know better. I don't think they'll do a darn thing to make it better.

I follow one journalist who was there thu for AP preview where her only gripes were that bag check/food CMs should be wearing gloves and that relaxation zones shouldn’t be in inclosed spaces....she saw the guest service line yesterday bottlenecking down the contemporary path way and put Disney on blast to multiple news outlets for failing to enforce social distance and how they should of made a virtual queue

CMs should be wearing gloves and that relaxation zones shouldn’t be in inclosed spaces.
Well they are WRONG about he gloves (improperly used do more harm than good and 99% of non-medical people who wear them do it WRONG) But correct about the enclosed spaces and no mask zones.
And a virtual queue would be great for GS- IF your issue isn’t your pass before you even get into the park.

Not sure if proper forum, but I'm a DVC member and we just planned a trip, booked the DVC hotel for next January, bought the mother in law a 9 day ticket and now I'm trying to get everyone in our family a gold AP and I can't find it anywhere online. Lots of places reference it but it just keeps looping back to "Know before you go" pages and I can't ever get to a place to actually buy the passes. On hold with member services right now. We can still buy these right. This would be a huge change to our plans. If you can't buy them anymore they need to put that detail in the "know before you go" ASAP

Not sure if proper forum, but I'm a DVC member and we just planned a trip, booked the DVC hotel for next January, bought the mother in law a 9 day ticket and now I'm trying to get everyone in our family a gold AP and I can't find it anywhere online. Lots of places reference it but it just keeps looping back to "Know before you go" pages and I can't ever get to a place to actually buy the passes. On hold with member services right now. We can still buy these right. This would be a huge change to our plans. If you can't buy them anymore they need to put that detail in the "know before you go" ASAP
I’m a DVC member. I guess they are controlling numbers so not opening AP for now. They say they will open later but I guess it depends on COVID and crowd control. Although Clevelander said you may get them at Guest Services at Park. I would get day passes and upgrade when you get there.

...and they just said they are not selling annual passes right now. That would have been a REALLY good detail to put on the "know before you go" pages before I bought other party members tickets and all of us airline tickets for those dates. I made sure the dates were valid for gold passes, I checked the park reservations system, etc. before booking/planning this. Ugh. Now not sure if I should buy regular tickets or wait awhile to see if they start selling AP again. I can't reserve parks until I have tickets

I’m a DVC member. I guess they are controlling numbers so not opening AP for now. They say they will open later but I guess it depends on COVID and crowd control. Although Clevelander said you may get them at Guest Services at Park. I would get day passes and upgrade when you get there.
Do they let you upgrade standard tickets to gold passes? If so, I will probably wait a few more days to see how things go and then just buy standard tickets for now. Thanks!

Do they let you upgrade standard tickets to gold passes? If so, I will probably wait a few more days to see how things go and then just buy standard tickets for now. Thanks!
Yes, the amount you pay for base tickets has been able to be used to upgrade to Gold Or other passes. You can do that at GS when you arrive. FYI- You can only get Gold Passes for those residing in your home. If they are adults, their ID needs to show the same address. You don’t have to be a Passholder to see the blackout dates online. On the DVC page or the regular WDW page. Other forums show them too so, you could just do a search.

Yes, the amount you pay for base tickets has been able to be used to upgrade to Gold Or other passes. You can do that at GS when you arrive. FYI- You can only get Gold Passes for those residing in your home. If they are adults, their ID needs to show the same address. You don’t have to be a Passholder to see the blackout dates online. On the DVC page or the regular WDW page. Other forums show them too so, you could just do a search.
Do they honor the DVC discount if you upgrade to the Gold Annual pass?

Do they honor the DVC discount if you upgrade to the Gold Annual pass?
You would be upgrading to a DVC Gold pass, and you will need to do that in person at Guest Relations or a ticket booth. The price you pay will be based on a new DVC Gold pass since you are not renewing an AP. Each person 18 and older who is getting a Gold pass will need to be present and will need to have a photo ID showing the same address as the DVC owner. The DVC owner must show their blue card.

To get a DVC Gold AP over the phone, you have to call Member Services, and I honestly do not know whether you can upgrade from regular park tickets to a Gold or other DVC AP over the phone. I believe the upgrade must be done in person.

I'm sure they've calculated this. Even if a lot of folks choose to cancel their pass/get a refund, they'll make more money given limited park capacity opening park reservation availabily to day tickets and resort guests vs AP. I get it...just stinks. I basically only had my pass (paid if full platnium) for Jan., Feb. and part of March so I would expect an approx. 9.5 month refund if I cancel. Given many have received a refund for the closure period we know how Disney is calculating that refund option. Many of us have tried to get an answer to confirm how the refund will be calculated if you cancel your pass to no avail. Until I know how they are calculating the cancelation refund, how do I decide what option is best (refund or extension for the closure period vs cancel)? The longer they wait to provide this info. I'm losing days should I chose to keep my pass. I sent them another note...may try calling again. It's wrong that they are not clarifying how the refund will be calculated...maybe a reason why they are not sharing?

Did Disney ever announce the official way to request a full refund of an AP? I know some folks have called the VIP Passholder line and after many hours on hold, got through to someone to request a cancellation. I haven't gotten any communication from Disney on how to request a refund. I don't have all day to stay on hold to get through to a CM in the hopes I get a CM who has the knowledge and authority to refund my remaining time on my AP. Is there an official process yet?

Did Disney ever announce the official way to request a full refund of an AP? I know some folks have called the VIP Passholder line and after many hours on hold, got through to someone to request a cancellation. I haven't gotten any communication from Disney on how to request a refund. I don't have all day to stay on hold to get through to a CM in the hopes I get a CM who has the knowledge and authority to refund my remaining time on my AP. Is there an official process yet?
Nope. Many are waiting, but no official word.

I don't have all day to stay on hold to get through to a CM in the hopes I get a CM who has the knowledge and authority to refund my remaining time on my AP.
I think it's unrealistic for Disney to expect me to wait for hours on hold to get a AP refund and I'm semi-retired:coffee:.

It devalues the AP in my mind. I surmise there would be more local AP's that would like to go today, but couldn't get into that "bucket" for entry.
I'm very sad that they're allowing same day ticket sales and not shuffling the inventory over to where the demand is. The message this gives AP holders is "Thanks for your money. We're full, but feel free to buy a seperate same day ticket over there. Have a magical day."

Not a good call on Disney's part in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter