• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We decided back in early May to cancel our June and August trips and at that time asked for the partial refund of our annual passes. Both annual passes were to expire in July. I just received an email from disney that they are in the process of refunding the time left on the card back to my credit card. I was surprised they actually followed through to be honest. My AP fell off of my MDE by the beginning of June. First time in decades that I have no AP. I feel naked. :teleport:

We called AP phone number on May 16th..looking forward to receiving refund for both AP and Water Park Pass ::yes::

My head is spinning

Our AP expire at the end on Nov. We have a trip planned in early Nov and end of April (with the extra months). We have DVC with a banking deadline end of July. So that WAS the plan.

But with the numbers in FL, no fireworks, no shows, etc. we are second, third, and zillionth rethinking our plans. Do we cancel Nov and just wait for April? Do we forget April, take partial refund? Do we cancel AP, get money and buy new one in April (or whenever)? We are at the point in our trips, that the fireworks, the shows, the feel of the parks are more important than the rides. We still do some rides, but knees and backs don't work the same they did.

These postings of you had to decided this or that by a certain date worries me. I didn't get anything from disney saying you must decide by certain date. But raise your hand if it seems everyone but you gets email from disney.

I am with you, I don’t get them. I used to get all of them, AP, general, then I renewed and Thank you next, not a single communication :rotfl:
I called, emailed, updated my communication preferences, all the sheananigans. Nada. Niet.
I personally went for the partial refund, without them giving the deeds, and had it on my bank account two days ago, a simple calculation of exactly the number of days the park were closed. It fits our needs better than the extension. Tho, the one month bonus in October will be cool.

According to BlogMickey "Same-Day Tickets Sold at Walt Disney World Ticket Windows Pending Theme Park Availability."

https://blogmickey.com/2020/07/same...disney-world-pending-theme-park-availability/
What?!? APs can't get in, because our group's number of enteries on the reservation system is full, but random people can just walk up and purchase one day tickets as long as the 'Theme Park Tickets Guests' reservation system has availability!
So WDW rather chance not reaching capacity than fill it up with APs. :headache:

According to BlogMickey "Same-Day Tickets Sold at Walt Disney World Ticket Windows Pending Theme Park Availability."

https://blogmickey.com/2020/07/same...disney-world-pending-theme-park-availability/
What?!? APs can't get in, because our group's number of enteries on the reservation system is full, but random people can just walk up and purchase one day tickets as long as the 'Theme Park Tickets Guests' reservation system has availability!

It devalues the AP in my mind. I surmise there would be more local AP's that would like to go today, but couldn't get into that "bucket" for entry.

It's like they just keep giving me reasons to not renew my AP next month

I thought the original correspondence was that information regarding AP options (cancel etc.) would be coming in early July. Now they are saying that information will be available in the “coming weeks?” Maybe they are delaying b/c they hope some folks with AP will change their mind and decide not to cancel when they see the low crowds and possible short term park reservation availability? I’m out of state and cancellation is the right option for me assuming they offer a prorated refund for paid in full platinum passes. They could also be hoping that those with AP start to use their pass again between now and when the cancellation options are announced. I assume if you start using your pass again that your options change.

It took less than 5 days for someone to file a lawsuit about the errant charges made for APs under the monthly payment plan. Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes before a lawsuit is filed about AP holders being locked out of making park reservations while Disney continues to sell day of park passes?:bored:

These postings of you had to decided this or that by a certain date worries me. I didn't get anything from disney saying you must decide by certain date. But raise your hand if it seems everyone but you gets email from disne

my crystal ball sees pincodes rolling out to try to fill their minimum occupancy metrics. If so, maybe I’ll finally receive one. Ha, of course not, they own us already

Well, i checked my MDE tickets. Everything has changed but not even as I had originally requested?

Everyone has been extended and it appears the extra month is reflected already. Thot that wasn’t happening until October:magnify:

Ours have only been extended for the closure. No extra month yet on ours. They need to do more than an extra month since there are no water parks and no hopping. Also wish they would do something for us in the tri state area since the Governor has lifted the quarantine restriction for us to travel to Florida

Ours have only been extended for the closure. No extra month yet on ours. They need to do more than an extra month since there are no water parks and no hopping. Also wish they would do something for us in the tri state area since the Governor has lifted the quarantine restriction for us to travel to Florida
I agree! We had to cancel because the state of Florida said we would have to quarantine 14 days before we could go to the parks. until that is lifted, those from the restricted states should get extensions in my opinion.

Well, i checked my MDE tickets. Everything has changed but not even as I had originally requested?

Everyone has been extended and it appears the extra month is reflected already. Thot that wasn’t happening until October:magnify:
Omg seriously?! I have been calling and begging for the extra month to be added to mine so I can make my Christmas park reservations, nothing yet, just the 117 days for the closure. Did yours just show up?

Omg seriously?! I have been calling and begging for the extra month to be added to mine so I can make my Christmas park reservations, nothing yet, just the 117 days for the closure. Did yours just show up?
Haven’t been checking regularly, it was there yesterday

It took less than 5 days for someone to file a lawsuit about the errant charges made for APs under the monthly payment plan. Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes before a lawsuit is filed about AP holders being locked out of making park reservations while Disney continues to sell day of park passes?:bored:

Your point is well taken. I sense your statement has teeth and will be part of a, well I'll call it, "hoopla". I'm a local AP and would be infuriated if I really wanted to go to the parks today given what happened (FYI...I'm not planning on going anytime soon). My position changes if I was a vlogger and/or part of a travel agency that has vested interest. Since I am neither, we are disappointed with today's purchase-day-of option.

They've changed the initial outgoing message on the VIPassholder phone number to indicate that the park reservation program may impact the way we like to visit the parks and that our options will be the one month extension or cancellation of the remainder of our passes. Details are coming in the coming weeks on how to make the selection. Those are the two options mentioned, nothing about other options. It also states that if I'm calling about something else, please stay on the line.

Oh, and they "cherish our enthusiasm", by the way. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter