Are our predictions coming true?

I'll bet every single person on property has a cell phone on them so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to call and cancel if they aren't going to be there. I see no problem with this policy.

And yes, Kevin, we do think you're psychic. :worship:

I think it's a good thing. But I tell you, I really hope that they are understanding when I call and say, "I'm sorry we aren't going to be able to make our ADR this morning, my DS or DD is sick." Or some similar situation...
AND I wish that meant that we had true reservations and wouldn't have to wait 30 minutes after our time before we are seated.

I have to say, if it makes getting ADRs easier, I have no problem with this.

BUT (and that is a big honkin' but!) they need to really go over all of the possible "what ifs" first and have it all firmly established, in writing, before putting anything into effect.

I do see people continuing to double and triple book. And don't get me started on what I think of that! There should be something in the system that will bump out a double ADR based on credit card number (not that we don't all see how the chronically entitled will go around that one) and I could see the "hold" eventually becoming a deposit for off-site guests and ADR linked to room ressie for on-site guest, if the problem persists.

Once it happens, we'll all have to hang onto our dining receipts until our next credit card statement comes in, to make sure we haven't been charged for a meal we showed up for!

That said, I really don't mind the idea.

I don't think it's a bad idea either. However, I do love the fact that the podcast crew may be psychic. Oh Kevin, tell me my future!!:worship:

I don't think that this is a bad idea at all! It makes me nuts that people will double and triple book different ADR's so that they can have their choice of restaurants. I have no problem giving them a CC to hold an ADR for me and my family/traveling party!

I'll be curious to see how the rules are laid out...

I don't think it's a bad idea either. However, I do love the fact that the podcast crew may be psychic. Oh Kevin, tell me my future!!:worship:

I see you listening to tomorrow's podcast....and then on Wednesday......I see you hearing 5 male and 1 female voice through an electronic device.

I'm getting good at this.

I think a credit card hold is perfectly fine. And by credit card hold I mean, they will charge the fee if someone doesn't show up and doesn't cancel within a reasonable time frame. If it stops double reservations that is fine with me. Maybe it won't be so hard to get reservations at the restaurants we want.

Kim

ETA: I just checked the Le Cellier page on the Disney site and the same language is there that is on the other pages.

I agree!:thumbsup2

I think what this will generally cut down on are the folks who book several restaurants for the same ADR time slot. I mean I understand. It is difficult for me to decide what my family is going to be hungry for 6 months in advance, heck we change our menu around the house every day if what I have on the board doesn't sound like it will quench a craving. But, at the same time, there has to be a comeupence if you no show on a reservation that another family would have gladly taken.

I never thought that just getting into table service would be a chore and a half and require a friggin spreadsheet! For proof see below:

Your spreadsheet is pretty impressive. I've got 2 questions:
1. Where did you get the "Disney" Font that is on the spreadsheet?
2. Does Columbia House need an ADR?

Thanks!

Nope Columbia Harbor House does not require and ADR. I just write it in as a suggestion for COunter Service for what park we will be in that day.

On the script, type Waltograph into Google!

I think that it is a good idea, the only problem will be if the guidelines are not clear.

I just called for an ADR for France on May 12th-no mention of $10 fee, and we called for our reservations for our Sept 28-10/1 trip last week and no mention then either. :confused3

I'm not sure the charge for late arrivals makes as much sense. It seems to me that putting those who are X minutes late (whatever Disney decides X will be) at the end of the line for the next table should be punishment enough. That said, if X is some reasonable period, then I suppose there is no harm in assessing the charge. There are just so many reasons for being late that are beyond the control of the diner that I can see this causing more problems than it solves.

If they would actually put those that are X minutes late at the end of the line I'd have no problem with it. We arrived early for an ADR at a resort restaurant last October but kept getting bumped down the line for people that were showing up late for their ADR. In more than a few cases it was people showing up 45-60 minutes late for their ADR. After more than an hour of this and still no end in sight we left even though when we checked in we were told that noone was ahead of us. In all of the ADRs that we've made we have never shown up late so I didn't (and don't) see why so many people have so much trouble being on time.

We are staying on property at All Star Sports (Pop wasn't available) for 4 nights prior to our 8/28 Disney Wonder cruise. So that put us checking in on 8/24. When I heard that the DDP was starting on that day, I called and changed my hotel res to include the DDP.

I just called at lunch time to make ADR's for the four days we are at WDW. I made ADR's for Boma, San Angel, Lilo & Stitch char breakfast and the Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood & Vine.

I was able to get all of my ADRs on the dates and times requested and was only asked for a credit card hold for the Fantasmic dinner package.

So over all I'm very happy and did not mind being asked for a credit card hold for Fantasmic because I know my true intention is to show up, but like someone else said, I just hope they are understanding to true unforseen circumstances that could prevent even the most determined family to miss an ADR:-)

Via iPhone

I just did a reservation for the Crystal Palace on Friday for September and I was not made aware of that policy. Interesting. Though for me now it is a moot point because a few hours later I cancelled the reservation and replaced it with 1900 Park Fare.

Good job on actually canceling the reservation. Alot of people do not do that. Kudos

I agree with Calypso....I think this is laying the groundwork for a later enforcement.

I also dont believe Disney is looking to get the folks stuck on a bus or those who's kid gets sick at the last minute. I really dont see Disney doing this to "nitpick". I see them doing this so that their ADR system is more effective.

I've explained the story about Spoodles being listed as "sold out" and actually being empty.

While it often takes a while, Disney is pretty good at stopping people from abusing the system. Look at how they police the use of their ticket media.

Let's hope they take this a step further and stop the silliness of making folks jump through hoops to get a table for two.

I don't think Disney is trying to nitpick either, I just want to know if they are taking my CC # under exactly what conditions it will be charged. And will the charge be the same no matter what restaurant it is or how many people are in the party?

I have flashbacks of having an ADR for 10 people at GF and even though we gave ourselves 2 hours to get there, we could NOT get a bus. They just kept going by us FULL...we made the reservation, but we were late and they just barely...due to begging, allowed us in.
And I know this isn't the type of thing Disney is trying to penalize you for and that's why I hope they will have a set practice in place.

I see you listening to tomorrow's podcast....and then on Wednesday......I see you hearing 5 male and 1 female voice through an electronic device.

I'm getting good at this.

Ammmaaazzzziiiiinnnnggg! I will let you know if your prediction comes true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter