Artist Point Character Meal

I'm all for another decent character breakfast, just about anything but Pooh. I remember doing the Pocahontas Breakfast when they had it as well as the one they had at the old MGM Studios in the building where they do the Playhouse Show now. We saw Clopin, Genie, Aladdin and another character that I can't recall. I still mourn the discontinuation of the Villains Dinner at 1900 Park Fair. I agree we need something with some of the newer princesses too. I think they really need to do a Pixar/Toy Story
one in DHS.

I'm all for another decent character breakfast, just about anything but Pooh. I remember doing the Pocahontas Breakfast when they had it as well as the one they had at the old MGM Studios in the building where they do the Playhouse Show now. We saw Clopin, Genie, Aladdin and another character that I can't recall. I still mourn the discontinuation of the Villains Dinner at 1900 Park Fair. I agree we need something with some of the newer princesses too. I think they really need to do a Pixar/Toy Story
one in DHS.

I admit, I actually had to look up who Clopin was... Then I realized that I have never seen Hunchback of Notre Dame. I would love if they would do a villains meal. I love the idea of Club Villain but they haven't had that recently. It seems like they are haven't made any attempt to keep up with the new characters that are being introduced when it comes to character meals, and I feel like they are really missing out on a big opportunity. I know they have no trouble booking all of the character meals as it is, so maybe that's why they don't see a need to change things up; but nonetheless, it is a little disappointing that we spend $70+/ person for CRT, and close to $50 for most of the other characters meals and then my daughter is more excited about the glow clip that I paid $8 for in her drink than she is about meeting Snow White because the movie was made in 1937 and doesn't hold her attention the way Frozen and Moana do and there is no character meal for them. Don't get me wrong, she still loves the chance to meet ANY character, but come on... Kids nowadays aren't raised with many of the characters that dominate the character meals and how many restaurants feature some version of the Fab five? Mix it up a bit!

Reservations for Artist Point have not been loaded into the system from early November as yet. Any chance this is related to the addition of a breakfast?

Our kids loved the Poo character breakfast when they had it. It would be nice to being back a character breakfast there.

This wouldn't exactly fit the theme of the Wilderness Lodge, but a unique character meal that I wish Disney would do somewhere is a Peter Pan one. Peter, Hook, Smee, Tink, maybe Wendy, would be a pretty high demand meal! I know they have the pirates cruise but its not quite the same.

Reservations for Artist Point have not been loaded into the system from early November as yet. Any chance this is related to the addition of a breakfast?
While it wouldn't seem likely that an entire month or more would be needed to make any changes simply to add breakfast, so far no official explanation has come through, so that reason has as much credence as anything else right now. It's one of the bigger mysteries existing at the World, currently.

Current DATA: AP dead after Nov 10, 2018. "No Reservations Available", through 12-15-2018.
This is a CHANGE. As of 9-18-2018, AP was showing "No Reservations Available", through 3-2019.

Current data state - AP dead after Nov 10, 2018. No DATA as to available reservations after this.

All current Official WDW Website data. Don't shoot the messenger?

Current DATA: AP dead after Nov 10, 2018. "No Reservations Available", through 12-15-2018.
This is a CHANGE. As of 9-18-2018, AP was showing "No Reservations Available", through 3-2019.

Current data state - AP dead after Nov 10, 2018. No DATA as to available reservations after this.

All current Official WDW Website data. Don't shoot the messenger?

It looks like AP is taking ADR's through 12/15. If the dates are showing it is possible that the restaurant will open up at least through that time frame. I have had trouble booking meals at soem restaurants becuase while the dates showed on the calendar, they were not yet loaded into the system.

I wonder if the struggle with opening ADR's has someting to do with the Holiday season. If Disney cannot make the swap to character meal before the Holiday, but the restaurant seems to book enough guests, they may keep it as is until after the CHristmas season.

From some of the earlier reports, AP was simply limping along, so having it closed might have made sense, (not to me, no resort restaurant should be closed for a Holiday where the resort is also a destination) however if it shows solid bookings in every 2 week stretch, maybe they can keep it going for a while.

It looks like AP is taking ADR's through 12/15.

The last date I found an available ADR is for November 10th.

Nancy, I edited to add that I see what you are saying about dates through Dec. 15th. When you try to get an ADR after Nov. 10th, it says that tables are not available. I hope they add ADRs through the 15th...I'm taking my 91 year old mom to WL in early Dec., and would love to take her to AP for dinner.

Last edited:
The last date I found an available ADR is for November 10th.

Nancy, I edited to add that I see what you are saying about dates through Dec. 15th. When you try to get an ADR after Nov. 10th, it says that tables are not available. I hope they add ADRs through the 15th...I'm taking my 91 year old mom to WL in early Dec., and would love to take her to AP for dinner.

The fact that we can now see that there are additional dates lit up indicates to me that they are loading the system. I spoke to my daughter and we agreed that if this opens we should try to get there on the 14th, which is our arrival night. AP was on my list of meals to book, so seeing that it was going to be dark during our stay was disappointing. As much as I am looking forward to the character meal, and of course since our family theme is the dwarfs, it would be fun, I very much would like to experience AP in it's original glory. Fingers crossed!

We would change our course in how we introduce my brand new niece to WDW, because the "tour" would now include the boatride to WL. Previously we were going to hit the MK so she could see it, head out to the Poly for dinner with either a monorail ride around the resorts, and then the Epcot loop for an evening peek at Epcot. Oh changes!

The fact that we can now see that there are additional dates lit up indicates to me that they are loading the system. I spoke to my daughter and we agreed that if this opens we should try to get there on the 14th, which is our arrival night. AP was on my list of meals to book, so seeing that it was going to be dark during our stay was disappointing. As much as I am looking forward to the character meal, and of course since our family theme is the dwarfs, it would be fun, I very much would like to experience AP in it's original glory. Fingers crossed!

I continue to check for ADRs for Dec. 1st. Nothing loaded into system yet. If any do appear, let's post it here...or anywhere for that matter. :goodvibes

I continue to check for ADRs for Dec. 1st. Nothing loaded into system yet. If any do appear, let's post it here...or anywhere for that matter. :goodvibes

I sure will! I keep checking as well. You can now see dates to the 22nd, so I think this may mean that AP will not close until after the Holiday season.

Makes a lot more sense not to refurb over the holidays

No matter how poorly this restaurant was doing, it is in the middle of a very popular holiday destination for WDW guests, and should be available IMO. I did not understand closing unless they coudl turn it around and get it opened before Thanksgiving.

No matter how poorly this restaurant was doing, it is in the middle of a very popular holiday destination for WDW guests, and should be available IMO. I did not understand closing unless they coudl turn it around and get it opened before Thanksgiving.

Totally agree. Closing during the holidays at Wilderness Lodge made no sense. It's the most popular time of the year for visiting the resort.

When speaking with a CM about our upcoming stay Dec19-27th she hinted that there would be a Snow White breakfast featuring the dwarves, and that it would likely be available at some point during our stay, I continue to check but nothing yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter