August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We are still planning on our late August trip. It's offsite and about 1/3 of it is UO, and the UO we feel good about. I will feel MUCH better about things when reservations are in place!

We were waiting as long as possible before cancelling our Aug 12th trip, but now the Canada-US border closure has been extended we're making the call 😭

We are booked Aug. 29-Sept 5. We are 99% going to cancel. I rarely visit and to have so many things change or be different doesn't sound fun to me. I also know how hot it will be and to wear a mask will be hell. We are hoping we can rebook for next April. I already moved our Universal trip and hoping to do back to back with Disney then too.

What did you find worked the best?

It was actually one I ordered off wish. It was thin, but double layered. The really thin ones sucked against my nose while I breathed and that was awful. The neck gaiter got too hot quicky, though might have been ok if we had soaked them with cold water first. I wear the medical masks at work and it seemed find too. I find that if I pull the bottom open from time to time to let the CO2 escape, I can wear for longer periods of continuous time even though you aren’t technically supposed to touch them.

THANK goodness that out trip was last year as if we were scheduled this Aug of 2020 it would be 1000% canceled. With this covid19 still going crazy and seeing on how Florida is RED HOT spot for this, I mean 200+ new cases with the Orlando airport employees alone, now way no how, plus WDW is going to be odd at first until things get sorted out. To those brave souls, good luck!

THANK goodness that out trip was last year as if we were scheduled this Aug of 2020 it would be 1000% canceled. With this covid19 still going crazy and seeing on how Florida is RED HOT spot for this, I mean 200+ new cases with the Orlando airport employees alone, now way no how, plus WDW is going to be odd at first until things get sorted out. To those brave souls, good luck!
That info was inaccurate. They just posted out of the 500 employees tested only 2 were positive. It is being discussed on the Covid thread.

Last edited:
August 2 -9 at FW cabins with 6 day hoppers booked through disney. Right now i am a maybe. Factors to consider 1. Will I be able to get park reservations for more than two or three days? 2. From nj, so will quarantine order be lifted by florida by then? 3. Will new cases curve flatten by mid july? 4. Which restaurant reservations can I get tomorrow?

August 2 -9 at FW cabins with 6 day hoppers booked through disney. Right now i am a maybe. Factors to consider 1. Will I be able to get park reservations for more than two or three days? 2. From nj, so will quarantine order be lifted by florida by then? 3. Will new cases curve flatten by mid july? 4. Which restaurant reservations can I get tomorrow?
I thought only guests with reservations June 22-July 11 could book restaurants tomorrow by calling. Am I missing something ?

It is my understanding the restaurant ADR's starting tomorrow are only for the period June 22 - July 10. They have not announced when they will be available to book for after the parks open.

In March we moved our May trip to August, and we cancelled August even before the reopening plans were announced. So glad we did, with the current public health issues in Florida would not be comfortable taking the risk, on top of all of the uncertainty about ability to get into the parks, what would be open to do, etc. We aren't even at a point where we are comfortable going to restaurants in our home state (which only reopened a week or two ago) and we are one of the 3 states identified as being on track to containment. We aren't in high risk categories but for us it just isn't worth it. WDW will be there, and one day we will be able to return.

We were booked in May, June, and now August. If we can secure park ressies, we are going. If not, we will go to Universal and purchase APs. We have a beach vacation the following week, so we will be there regardless.

I was planning on keeping our Aug 24 - Sept 2 split stay until I found out the NBA will be housed in both of our resorts. Both the Grand Floridian and Yacht Club, both of which were supposed to be Club Level. I will definitely be canceling both reservations especially if they aren't offering CL to those of us who have it booked, but giving it to the NBA entitled players.

I have 8/14 through 8/21 booked via dvc at the boardwalk. I got my email saying all was good with the reservation and like everyone else had all my adr’s canceled. The restrictions aren’t that big of a deal since my oldest daughter and granddaughters can’t go now since she got pregnant and is due this July so my trip turned from a kids trip to an adult trip as my youngest kids are 16 and 19. Meet and greets and fireworks/parades aren’t that big of a deal. The no park hopping stinks but can be a work around. The low crowds actually seem a positive and postponing til next year seems like it will be more of a hassle since everyone will be doing that.

We still plan on going assuming we can still hit the parks. My problem is tickets. I had not yet bought tickets with my room bc we were waiting to see if my wife and I would be going again I’m in like February (I had a waitlist for a room which would free up a bunch of 2020 points to use next year). If that happened then we would be doing annual passes. Now I can’t get tickets and don’t feel The need to get passes since no hopping changes the cost. DVC was no help.

Anyone know if other places like undercover tourist or work related sites can still sell tickets?

Plus I’m from NJ and need the quarantine requirement to drop. That’s annoying in itself bc it’s ny, nj, conn metro area that is causing this ban. I’m from south jersey which isn’t nearly as bad as north. It’s basically 2 states!

Us too, same dates, also from NY, also waiting for the darn EO to be gone. Hope we are both lucky enough to have it all work out. My job has been open throughout, so I've been doing my work plus covering for 2 others, so even a laid-back Disney trip would be welcome. Will definitely miss the DP, but we'll eat well regardless.
Here's the wrench now...ny/cuomo said he is 'considering' a reverse 2 wk quarantine from fl to ny....let's now add that as a possibility!!

For those going soon, there is an offer for 15% off Landry's gift cards that expires tomorrow. We stocked up since my kids like the Landry's restaurants (Bubba Gump, Rainforest, T-Rex, Joe's Crab Shack). Just thought I would share if anyone wants to save a few dollars.

We'd still like to go in August but - Our problem is that when our current reservations are in Aug we can't go at that specific time. Due to the VID schools in NC are now planning to start a week earlier than originally planned. Our reservations are now during the first week of school. Of course who knows if schools will be able to start then. But we'd like to move our plans up a week in August to be safe. Problem is we can't currently modify our dates and with the reservations system now coming out before we can modify then our chances to eventually modify AND still have available reservation spots are slim. It's looking like we'll cancel our Disney plans all together and do a Universal only trip.

We have an August resort reservation but only 3 tickets, we need 1 more ticket! Our DD was a DCP that got let go & until a few days ago she had a ticket on our account but now its gone. So unless we can buy a ticket for her & get the same park reservations as the rest of us, we will have to cancel.

I have a mid-August, resort-only trip booked with expiring DVC points. I am planning to go, but understand that cancelling may be necessary. I will make that decision closer to the trip dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter