B&P's VR 11/10/2012 UK/AAP/UKDP Day 1 Arrival & Epcot 6/10

Yay! So awesome you get to be in Disney for your birthday and stay at the Poly! Everything happens for a reason I guess! :goodvibes

I noticed you don't have any 'Ohana meals planned?? That is our absolute fav! Could you not get in or do you not like it there? If you couldn't get a res, you should try again while you're there! Well I'm sure you know! :cutie:

I'm jealous you get to meet with Shelley too! I'm sure you will come up with some more great plans for your invites and etc!

Can't wait to hear about it all! popcorn::

I love DIY projects! It's great to see yours.
* The door hangers look wonderful, I especially love the clipart on yours as I am also a huge fan of reading. That is just too cute!
* I had also loved Danielle's idea to put resort specific things in the welcome bags, so I'm glad to see you're doing it too! I was wondering what you would do for Coronado Springs, I think the Jelly Bellys are very clever.
* So sorry to hear about your mom, I'm sure she would be very happy for you :hug: Like Megan, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent that young. But the candles look just lovely and it is so sweet and beautiful the way that you are honoring these important family members.
* I'm glad you finally got your PS straightened out! All of your plans looks wonderful. Enjoy the California Grill! I heard they're revamping it sometime at the end of 2012 (pretty significantly, so as to give it a new name and everything) so I'm a little disappointed I won't ever be able to try it in its current state.

I'm sorry you had some drama in the beginning, but everything sounds like it worked out for the better! It's fate, if you ask me! :) I'm so excited for you, Beth--Your birthday sounds like it will be perfect. Poly+VR planning+yummy food+MK= :cloud9:

Thanks for the support, Danielle! I think it does work out for the better. We were really worried about the heat, especially with the photoshoot and now we don't have to think about that. I love you equation! That is so cool.

Your new trip seems amazing!! Congrats! :D

Thanks! I am really happy with how it came out. Paul says that I can plan Disney trips in my sleep and it's a good thing since I got this one together in 24 hours. :lmao:

Yay! So awesome you get to be in Disney for your birthday and stay at the Poly! Everything happens for a reason I guess! :goodvibes

I noticed you don't have any 'Ohana meals planned?? That is our absolute fav! Could you not get in or do you not like it there? If you couldn't get a res, you should try again while you're there! Well I'm sure you know! :cutie:

I'm jealous you get to meet with Shelley too! I'm sure you will come up with some more great plans for your invites and etc!

Can't wait to hear about it all! popcorn::

Thanks, Tricia! We actually were supposed to go on a Disney Cruise for my birthday and cancelled it to save money for the VR. I still had my airline ticket intact, so didn't need to buy a new one. That worked out great since the airfare was really high, but we had no choice for Paul. Oh well, not everything can go that smoothly.

I did think of a huge drawback to moving up to a week before your wedding. I was planning on using your photos as my inspiration and now I can't. :rotfl: I will have to wing it now! If we get the same floral person, I will tell them that I love your plans, if you don't mind.

After reading your comment about Ohana, I redid the reservation. We haven't been to Ohana in a while, so I would hate to regret not eating there since we are staying there. Paul can never get enough meat, so he certainly didn't mind. :)

We met Shelley when we down for our site visit in June and fell in love with her. Can't wait to see her again. I would also love to meet Amanda, at some point, if possible.

BTW, not sure if Josh is a fan of all Boston sports, but I have found some potential ideas for grooms cakes. I have pinned them on pinterest. Just thought I would share.

I love DIY projects! It's great to see yours.
* The door hangers look wonderful, I especially love the clipart on yours as I am also a huge fan of reading. That is just too cute!
* I had also loved Danielle's idea to put resort specific things in the welcome bags, so I'm glad to see you're doing it too! I was wondering what you would do for Coronado Springs, I think the Jelly Bellys are very clever.
* So sorry to hear about your mom, I'm sure she would be very happy for you :hug: Like Megan, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent that young. But the candles look just lovely and it is so sweet and beautiful the way that you are honoring these important family members.
* I'm glad you finally got your PS straightened out! All of your plans looks wonderful. Enjoy the California Grill! I heard they're revamping it sometime at the end of 2012 (pretty significantly, so as to give it a new name and everything) so I'm a little disappointed I won't ever be able to try it in its current state.

Becky, thanks for all the compliments. Paul and I spend alot of time reading, so I was incredibly excited when I found it. I read about 40 books this year and Paul finished off over 50, so it is a big part of our life. I even mention it in my vows. What's your favorite book? (always good to get suggestions :goodvibes)

I was stumped by Coronado too, but I googled Mexican candy and the jelly bellys came up. We even did a taste test to see what we liked. Can't complain about that.

Thank you for your thoughts on my mom. It is definitely something I never will get over, but I know that it has made me a stronger person. I know that I can get through anything, since it is nothing compared to going through that. :hug: Both Paul and I love the candles. I am just glad they are done, so I don't have to think about them too much. I still have to get the photos done that are going with them, but that's the easier part.

We are very excited about the PS trip now. It will be quick and busy, but a lot of fun too. Wow, I didn't know about California Grill having that much of a rehab, so really glad we are getting there. Sorry, you and Jason haven't made it there, but hopefully you will get to try the new one.

How are the kittens?

I'm glad your PS worked out.

Thank you!!

Oh I'm so glad your PS trip worked out so well! And I LOVED being at the World for my birthday---it was awesome. I've never been there for a special occasion before--make sure you get a birthday button.

Oh I'm so glad your PS trip worked out so well! And I LOVED being at the World for my birthday---it was awesome. I've never been there for a special occasion before--make sure you get a birthday button.

Thanks, Justine! I am excited. We spent my 40th birthday at the World with our best friends and flowergirls and it was magical! I will definitely be getting a button. Too bad I am missing your big day. Would have loved to have taken a peek!

Today, is our ten month mark!! :yay::banana::cool1: I can't believe how far Daisy has traveled on my ticker already. I feel like I am running out of time, but also seem to not be focused. A bad combo! I need to make a list and start crossing stuff off. That will be my goal for this week, to at least have a list of soon to be completed items.

I thought for our 10 month mark, I would give Paul a post for his own and show what we are thinking about for him to wear.

Backstory - We are huge Boston Bruins fans and are partial season ticket holders. Last June, when we were starting the planning, the Bruins were on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. He was looking at a website that shows hockey wives and girlfriends to see who on the team had the hottest SO. As he was looking, he came across a picture of a player at his wedding and told me that this what he wanted this time around.

pauloutfit.jpg

Paul works for a very conservative bank, so a light colored suit like that would not get a lot of wear, if we buy one. So, I started looking around and actually found something at Carolyn Allen's. He likes the original better, but when I told him that CA's will deliver it and pick it up when we are done, the rental looked a bit better. We are going in April to see it and try it on. I would like Paul to wear a pink shirt with it to match our colors, but he is resisting. We will see. :confused3

paultux.jpg

I forget who posted it on facebook originally, but someone listed the Fritts Rosenow bouttoniere website a while back. They have some really interesting stuff, including sports ones, which would be perfect for him/us. However, this company is terrible at communication. I called around the middle of December and left a message. Didn't hear anything for a few days, so tried again. Still getting a voicemail. I try every so often, hoping to get a person and still nothing. I sent them an email last week and asked my questions and still no response. I found them on etsy and their most recent feedback is atrocious!

Now that I have seen the sports ones, I have an idea that is totally "us". Paul and I root for bitter football rivals (Paul - Pats Me- Jets). It gets ugly in our house at least twice a year. I would love to do a Pats bout for him and his bf, Todd, and then get a Jets one for me to have Disney put somewhere in my bouquet and have one for my brother too. If I don't hear from them soon, I may have to scrap this or think of an alternative. I have contacted Shelley at Impressions to see if she can work her magic for me. We are also planning a Jets/Pats thing for our cake.

I did find this on etsy, but it would then only be for the guys. I love baseball, but not sure if I would incorporate it for myself.

baseballbout.jpg

Anyone have any other suggestions for the bouts? All suggestions are always welcome.

Hope everyone has a great week!

I do love the baseball bout! Although I do hope you can work something out to get your football teams, I think that would be really cute and fun.

The kittens are doing well! We started letting them into the bedroom (initially we had closed it off for awhile because someone peed on the bed!), and they've been good. Luna absolutely loves cuddling under the covers and sleeping with us!

Thanks, Tricia! We actually were supposed to go on a Disney Cruise for my birthday and cancelled it to save money for the VR. I still had my airline ticket intact, so didn't need to buy a new one. That worked out great since the airfare was really high, but we had no choice for Paul. Oh well, not everything can go that smoothly.

I did think of a huge drawback to moving up to a week before your wedding. I was planning on using your photos as my inspiration and now I can't. :rotfl: I will have to wing it now! If we get the same floral person, I will tell them that I love your plans, if you don't mind.

After reading your comment about Ohana, I redid the reservation. We haven't been to Ohana in a while, so I would hate to regret not eating there since we are staying there. Paul can never get enough meat, so he certainly didn't mind. :)

We met Shelley when we down for our site visit in June and fell in love with her. Can't wait to see her again. I would also love to meet Amanda, at some point, if possible.

BTW, not sure if Josh is a fan of all Boston sports, but I have found some potential ideas for grooms cakes. I have pinned them on pinterest. Just thought I would share.

Oh good!! I hope you really enjoy it, otherwise I will feel bad your changed your plans! haha :) I usually get so excited for the sides I barely have any room left for the meat at all!

That works out great for your plane ticket! And now you get to still take a trip for your bday- yay! :yay:

Aw too funny, well no worries! I uploaded my inspiration pics to snapfish and printed them all out like pictures to bring if you want to try that! My floral planner is Laura Kidd and I wouldn't mind at all- actually I am flattered! :goodvibes

Oh so fun!! I still have not talked to Shelley, I am always emailing with Amanda, we are starting my invitations now and I'm so excited about them!

I did see your cakes on Pinterest!! I'd really like to get a Red Sox one, though I'm not sure how expensive they are through Disney. I was thinking of getting one from an outside baker and bring it to Ohana for our RD, but not sure if this is allowed or not. I need to ask! :)

I LOVE Paul's suit! I am going back and forth with my grey and this beige color. Is this suit posted online in their selection or did CA's send it to you as something they offer? If I could get this exact suit in a light grey, we would rent from them rather than buying! hmm:rolleyes1

I do love the baseball bout! Although I do hope you can work something out to get your football teams, I think that would be really cute and fun.

The kittens are doing well! We started letting them into the bedroom (initially we had closed it off for awhile because someone peed on the bed!), and they've been good. Luna absolutely loves cuddling under the covers and sleeping with us!

Thanks, Becky! I hope I can get something to work out too! I really want it, but the baseball one is a great alternative. :)

Glad to hear the kittens are good. Luna sounds adorable. None of our boys will stay under the covers. They will explore under there if we are in bed, but won't stay. They will sleep all night on top of my legs, though. All three of them most nights! Good thing I am not a restless sleeper. :)

How is school going so far?

Oh good!! I hope you really enjoy it, otherwise I will feel bad your changed your plans! haha :) I usually get so excited for the sides I barely have any room left for the meat at all!

That works out great for your plane ticket! And now you get to still take a trip for your bday- yay! :yay:

Aw too funny, well no worries! I uploaded my inspiration pics to snapfish and printed them all out like pictures to bring if you want to try that! My floral planner is Laura Kidd and I wouldn't mind at all- actually I am flattered! :goodvibes

Oh so fun!! I still have not talked to Shelley, I am always emailing with Amanda, we are starting my invitations now and I'm so excited about them!

I did see your cakes on Pinterest!! I'd really like to get a Red Sox one, though I'm not sure how expensive they are through Disney. I was thinking of getting one from an outside baker and bring it to Ohana for our RD, but not sure if this is allowed or not. I need to ask! :)

I LOVE Paul's suit! I am going back and forth with my grey and this beige color. Is this suit posted online in their selection or did CA's send it to you as something they offer? If I could get this exact suit in a light grey, we would rent from them rather than buying! hmm:rolleyes1

Tricia, thanks for all the comments. I like them kind of bulleted too. :)

Don't feel bad on Ohana. We had gone back and forth on it. I guess I just needed a push to do it. I love the sides too. I miss the potatoes, though.

I have heard great things about Laura, so it would be awesome if I got her too. She is going to make your wedding absolutely beautiful.

I hope you get to talk to Shelley soon. She is a riot! We felt so comfortable with her from the minute we met her. Amanda is so cool too. She and I actually went same school in Chicago, so we connected that way. They are so amazing to work with.

Glad you saw the cakes, I thought of you immediately. We have no choice, but to go through Disney, since we are all arranged through DTFW. I am thinking of not doing too big of a cake and see how that goes. The new design we are thinking is to have all 4 Boston sports logos and the number of championships won since Paul and I have been together with a plus sign and then have an equal sign and have City of Champions on it. I hope it comes out like it is in my head.

I am so happy we found something that is close to what he originally liked. It is on the CA website. I want to say it is under their Modern tab and it is called The Alfresco. I can't wait to see it in person. Give them a call and see what you do. They might have more depending on the season. There is no way, we are buying Paul a suit for this! :lmao: Can't blame you on that one.

I am so excited!

I have known since even before we started planning our VR that I wanted a ring for our anniversary. My original plan was to buy it on St. Thomas on our cruise, since I have bought some lovely jewelry there before. My favorite purchases were a pink sapphire pendant and earrings. I decided recently that St. Thomas is less than a month before the VR, so what happens if I don't find anything.

As anyone can tell from my pj, I love pink. In fact, I probably have a serious pink problem. :lmao: When I looked at Mindy's pj, I noticed she had a lot of lovely pink sapphire rings, so I started looking around online to see if I liked anything. I found a ring at Tiffany that I did like. It is a lot of money($1650), but it is a Tiffany ring, so I guess it could be worse, right? Paul didn't seem to think that it was too terrible, so we were thinking of going to look at it this weekend.

tiffanyring.jpg

Well, today, I took 2 necklaces to my local jewerly store to have the clasps changed and randomly decided to ask if they had any pink sapphire rings.
They had several which was kind of a surprise. I liked some and didn't like others, but when I saw this one, I knew I may have a winner. (Sorry for the crappy and large cell phone picture)

A0031075.jpg

They had the price on the ring and it was listed at $850!!! :banana: Wow, almost half the price! I asked the saleswoman if the price was $850 and she said she would talk to the manager. Okay. She came back a few minutes later and told me they could sell it for $650 (with tax a little less than $700)!!!! :yay::scared1::cheer2: OMG!!! Really??? A ring that I love and a fraction of the Tiffany ring, even Paul would love that! I put it on hold and Paul and I will go back on Saturday morning to look at it again. I really think though, that I will be getting it. I don't think I can wait 10 months to wear it though, so I won't! :lmao:

What a beautiful ring! It sounds perfect for you, I love that you are getting pink :goodvibes And a good bargain too, can't beat that!

School is okay, still kind of getting back into the swing of things. All of my classes are kind of boring this semester (I took all of the fun ones like children's literature already!), but I just keep telling myself I get through this semester, do my field experience next fall, and I'm done! Almost there...

What a great find! I feel like when I find deals like that that the world is telling me to GO FOR IT! (or course my closets might regret it later)

If you get it, I say don't wait! Wear it now and enjoy it :)

wow that ring is absolutely stunning congrats!!!!

Thank you!!

What a beautiful ring! It sounds perfect for you, I love that you are getting pink :goodvibes And a good bargain too, can't beat that!

School is okay, still kind of getting back into the swing of things. All of my classes are kind of boring this semester (I took all of the fun ones like children's literature already!), but I just keep telling myself I get through this semester, do my field experience next fall, and I'm done! Almost there...

Thanks, Becky! I had to go pink. I love my two rings with diamonds, but definitely wanted color this time. The good thing is that even with the bargain price I loved the ring before they told me. Otherwise, I would be wondering if price was the driving factor, but I know it's not.

Sorry that this semester isn't fun. Children's lit sounds great. I love the Harry Potter books, but I thought that the best potential part of them could be that they hooked kids on reading. I hope that I am right. I have a niece and a nephew who wouldn't read a book at gunpoint. They are in their 30s now, so sadly that ship has sailed. Makes me very sad since most of our family are huge readers. Sorry for the aside, but I figured you would understand. Good luck getting through the not so fun part, but then it sounds a lot better!

What a great find! I feel like when I find deals like that that the world is telling me to GO FOR IT! (or course my closets might regret it later)

If you get it, I say don't wait! Wear it now and enjoy it :)

Thanks so much! I think I will get it this weekend when we go back. I won't wait either. Paul told me that it would be torture to make me do that!

That ring is beautiful

Thank you!

WOW!!!!!:banana: That ring is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Melissa! I can't believe I found it like that.

BTW, your photos have been lovely! What a beautiful couple you and Peter make. You both look so happy in every single shot. Peter looks like he has hit the jackpot in so many of them (he has!). Just wanted to tell you again.

I have to tell you that while you were getting married literally, I was buying your Secret Santa gift. I went to the mall early that morning and when she asked me the date to put on it, I told her "today". She looked a me funny and I said "it's 10:05 am and the ceremony is at 10, so it is really happening as you are doing this for me". :) Just wanted to share.

Love what you've been posting, Beth!
I really adore the light-colored suit. I love men who wear pink, so I hope that Paul will opt for the pink shirt. :) Also, that baseball bout is SO COOL. And every girl needs some pink in her life, so I say go for that beautiful anniversary ring--you can't beat the price nor the style! :thumbsup2 Congrats on being less than 10 months now!!! :cool1:

LOVE the ring!! and what a steal!!
Clearly, I am a PINK girl too! :goodvibes

I did talk to CA's today and they do have a light grey suit we are now renting! So thank you for posting yours!!

Sorry that this semester isn't fun. Children's lit sounds great. I love the Harry Potter books, but I thought that the best potential part of them could be that they hooked kids on reading. I hope that I am right. I have a niece and a nephew who wouldn't read a book at gunpoint. They are in their 30s now, so sadly that ship has sailed. Makes me very sad since most of our family are huge readers. Sorry for the aside, but I figured you would understand. Good luck getting through the not so fun part, but then it sounds a lot better!

I am a die hard Harry Potter fan! I totally agree that getting kids hooked on reading is a very wonderful part of them. And there are a lot of similar books out there now, so the transition to Percy Jackson or even The Hunger Games is pretty easy. I completely understand - my brother was not much of a reader but lately I have gotten him hooked on some young adult literature! Even though he is 21. That's one of my favorite things about current YA and children's lit - so much of it is actually appealing to people of all ages. I've been to a few Harry Potter conferences and went to some very interesting academic talks, including some that discussed how Harry Potter is a gateway to other books, how they help children with their reading skills and succeed in school, etc.

So yeah, if you ever want to talk Harry Potter or children's lit, I'm your girl! ;)

Thank you for the nice comments Beth! You are sooo nice!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that story. That gift was so thoughtful and so perfect for us. This was our first Christmas with our own tree and we love and needed christmas ornaments. I also wanted to let you know that alot of guests have come over and commented on how pretty it is. We LOVE IT! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter