Backstage Magic Tour 4/22 - 4/27 - 1ST POST UPDATED 4/15

PM sent. just arrived at DLR

Brad, great trip report. How did you get to WB tour? Do you know how you would get there from the ABD hotel? Was it really at least a 5 hour tour? Their website states they will start having weekend tours this summer so I'd like to plan a deluxe tour the morning our ABD starts. Do you think we will be time and be back by the welcome dinner?

It is sooo quiet on this thread without Brad and Barb, you could also hear
a mouse::MinnieMo

Maybe we'll hear something before the night is over:worship:

Like they always say, "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS"! :yay: Let's hope they are having too much fun to spend time updating us. Our problem is that we just can't wait for our trips to come and want more more more info please.......this blog has been better than watching TV popcorn::

yeah sorry, i just got back in the room. i really do need to do some updating but these days begin at 7 am so it's not so easy.

the deluxe WB tour is about 5 - 5 1/2 hours. the regular tour is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. you're supposed to be at the hotel by 3, but it should be okay if they know you're coming. they do want you there no later than 4 (and they probably would prefer seeing you before that - Quinn was already at the hotel by the time I got there to drop my luggage off around 8:30 or so).

i got to and from the tour from the first hotel i was staying at (super 8) via the MTA bus system. it wasn't too bad and you can pick up the first bus at hollywood & highland too.

ok, next installments are up. the rest of the first day and the first half or so of the second (i need to get).

Great installments Brad!!!!! Loved the pictures of Ariel.
So you are not able to upgrade your pass? We have added on Sunday & Monday to the end of our trip & I was hoping to upgrade for the lower price that they had said since the trip is already so pricey.
Can't wait for more.
Have a great day at California Adventure you guys.

well they changed it from a 3 day (upgradeable to a 4) to simply a 4 because they said many people were taking later flights on sunday anyway. but the 4 is not upgradeable and the ticket itself is a comp ticket valid only on specific dates.

I called today and got the same information. I was hoping to get an extra day or two. Guess I'll just use my park hoppers from WDW that I have been saving. AP's can't be used, but PH can be used. I just have to settle for that.

well they changed it from a 3 day (upgradeable to a 4) to simply a 4 because they said many people were taking later flights on sunday anyway. but the 4 is not upgradeable and the ticket itself is a comp ticket valid only on specific dates.

bumping up:wizard:

Spoke with ABD again today about the fastpass, and today I got an honest
answer for the first time.....it will be either 3 VIP FP per day or the AAA type
FP...they said they are working on which will be best and looking at feedback from the ist group.

Brad and Barb: now that the trip is over, do you feel that young children (ages 6-12) would enjoy the trip? Were there kids on your trip?

Thanks!
Elizabeth

We only had a couple of junior adventurers and some teens, but I definitely think kids would enjoy this. I was actually quite surprised we didn't have more. The guides really go out of their way with the the young un's. LOTS of great character interactions and other things children would love.

Personally I think AAA FPs would be a no-brainer...three would be way too few. We were given five per day, which worked pretty well balancing them with regular FPs so in a way it's better we didn't have more or I would be even more exhausted. They also gave us one the night of arrival, but it was turned down at Indy...that was the only glitch. Twice they were given back to me on the first full day, so that made up for it...seven rides on five FPs in the first day.

I believe I posted it elsewhere, but Jim (in Trip Operations) did mention during the trip that they were working on the AAA type.

We got more than 3 per day anyway (except for the first day) and fortunately it didn't seem like they were really necessary for the most part. So few of the attractions even offer FP, it pretty much comes down to Space Mountain and Indy in Disneyland and even Indy was below 20 mins in its standby for the most part. Of course things do dramatically change on Saturday when the locals move in and there are no FPs on Sunday even though the tickets are extended.

there was one 8 year old on the trip (Diana said something to the effect that both he and Stitch were adopted by the group). He was pretty cool though (except when he taunted me with his video camera). I think every other kid was a teenager and all the kids were probably between 2 families or so (excluding the 13 year old with his parents)?

I think it really depends on the enthusiasm for the content for the kids. Kids who know what they're getting into will be kept occupied. It's family friendly, but not child oriented. Not sure how the adults only trips will compare though.

I do recall hearing the 8 year old ask when we were doing more rides while we were backstage at Disneyland, but it came off mostly as comic relief. He didn't seem put off by the rest of it at all and it only lasts a few hours at most on any of the days at the park.

Thanks for the feedback about the kids. Decisions, Decisions. To go or not to go , that is the question!:goodvibes

Hi Everyone! All I can say is WOW! WOW!!! What an experience for us! We got back this evening. We had a great group of people. The Jr Adventurers had fun as well. Our Guides were awesome and I loved all the experiences we had. Amazing. My high-lites:

(I'm giving some spoilers if you don't want to read on....)

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
-Meeting wonderful people who are just as crazy about Disney!
-El Capitan
-Meeting Uncle Frank at Jimmy Kimmel Live and shaking his hand. What a nice man!
-Meeting a great Puppetier at Jim Henson Studios.
-Riding the train at Carolwood
-Attending the Jimmy Kimmel Live Taping and seeing "Dr McSteamy"
-Imagineering! I couldn't believe it! I took my picture with the bust made of Johnny Depps face. :love: Learning about Snow White & the Seven Dwarf sculptures, Meeting "Lucky" and SHOPPING!!! Meeting the Imagineer who is the host on the new DVD "Imagineering the Magic". He was our Host!
-Seeing Marty Sklar at Disney Studios. It was when we were getting our food for lunch and I didn't want to bother him. I really wanted to say hello!
-Having lunch with a Pirate pirate:
-Going on the Lilly Belle. Having the Conductor punch our card and give us info.
-Walking into Walts Apartment. I had chills on my arms! I had to look out the window next to the lamp.
-Having a great view of Fantasmic
-Standing in line to go on Soarin, only to have Diana pull us away and we stood below the screen as we watched the other half of our group ride the ride all by themselves. Then, it was our turn.
-Talking to Crush on our own
-The Goodbye Dinner and having our favorite character drawn by an amazing lady. I gave her a very big hug and almost cried! It was an experience!

The entire experience was a Disney trip of a lifetime! I'm still amazed! I can't wait to see all the pictures they took of us! (Thank you, again Politzania/DH for pictures coming our way.) Inkkognito, Bradk, Politzania & DH and our new "Madhatter" friend (if you are reading this) and any others who are reading this thread, it was so wonderful meeting you and sharing this amazing experience!!! I don't think it's anything any of us will ever forget!!!

The entire experience was a Disney trip of a lifetime! I'm still amazed! I can't wait to see all the pictures they took of us! (Thank you, again Politzania/DH for pictures coming our way.) Inkkognito, Bradk, Politzania & DH and our new "Madhatter" friend (if you are reading this) and any others who are reading this thread, it was so wonderful meeting you and sharing this amazing experience!!! I don't think it's anything any of us will ever forget!!!
{Sniffle} I read your highlights and my eyes got misty. What a wonderful group of people, such awesome guides, and the experience of a lifetime! I was just looking at my drawings of Figment and Dreamfinder and trying to figure out where to hang them so I can always have that reminder close at hand.

I had a hard time today. I really missed that paddle, Quinn/Diana and everyone! Just like one of our Adventurers said at Dinner. They had alone time, but missed everyone. I love your Figment and Dream Finder pictures. Ah! Those were fabulous!!! Did anyone else take a picture with your camer? If not, I have some shots I can email you. I hope your flight home was uneventful! Have you gone through all of your "stuff" yet? I already have everything out on the floor to get through it. I hope we get pictures!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter