Be Warned, It's True What They Say About Chef Mickey's

We've been twice for dinner, and we liked it both times. We've had first seating both times, though, so maybe that helps. I really liked the carved beef and mashed potatoes. I also liked one of the salads, and I had probably too much dessert. I guess everyone is different.

We've never had problems at Chef Mickey's. By the time we eat from the salad bar, peel and eat shrimp, get carved roast, mashed potatoes,a hot veggie, rolls, with seconds if we want it, and then dessert we always leave stuffed and happy. We do know going in that it's more for the experience and it's buffet food, not haute cuisine. Sorry the OP had a bad experience.

We've always enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Tons of food choices and great classic characters and interaction. Trying to book a reservation for our upcoming trip now!!

I have never eaten there, but had gotten many recommendations from friends...after reading reviews we decided AGAINST going and plan on Cape May for breakfast. Everything I keep reading makes me so happy with our choice!

Cape May was delightful for breakfast!

We did breakfast a few weeks ago. It was a one and done restaurant for us. I had read that it was Golden Coral comparable but I have eaten more at Golden Coral than I did there. The food wasn't completely inedible but it just wasn't good. The pastries were dry and tasteless and the eggs were not very good. The character interactions were the worst we experienced. The kids liked it but both my husband and myself said never agai .

We go for our kids. Not a favorite of DH and I but we survive. I actually really enjoyed the short ribs with polenta last time we were there.

Granted it's been about 5 years since we were there, but went to chef muckeys (typo but it's staying lol) just my husband and I for breakfast. It's literally the only restaurant my husband has walked out of without eating his meal. It was so so bad.

We go each trip but noticed the food dinner declining a lot a few years back. Then, they changed up the buffet items and it improved. On the other hand, last year we found Crystal Palace to be subpar so for the first time in several years, we will skip it. Instead, we will try Liberty Tree for the first time.

I've heard the dinner was disgusting, quote lol. We eat brunch here on our last day every trip, this will be our third year doing it. The brunch is delicious! I would be the first to say if it were gross. We've eaten at V&A several times, we love great food too. We only do breakfast for character buffets in our family, after a few terrible experiences. It's just not worth it. CRT was DISGUSTING (granted it's not a buffet but for that price, i was shocked. Pre Plated, horrible catering quality food). Akershus plated dinner was on par with a Friday's. The only dinner buffets we have ever loved and returned to are Biergarten and Boma! This trip we have Cape May, we shall see!!

Went for brunch this year and the food was fine. Not terrible not great. Was pretty standard buffet fare I would say. Would definitely go back for breakfast for the characters for my DS.

This is probably my least favorite character meal in terms of the food, but the kids love it, so we go just about every trip. That said, I would definitely not call it disgusting. Overpriced and what I would consider very average food, absolutely. We are going again next trip for brunch. I will find enough to eat that isn't bad, and the kids will get their character and monorail through the lobby fix.

My first trip to WDW was when I was 10 years old. The "hotel with the monorail going through it" is one of my most vivid memories (we weren't staying there, couldn't afford that). Having our breakfast while the monorail speeds by overhead is an experience that keeps us coming back. We can find great food anywhere we go. I don't know anywhere else we can have an experience like Chef Mickey's. We also really enjoy the Mary Blair mural and trying to find the 5-legged goat. But I will agree with the OP to some extent--if you're looking for top-notch cuisine, CM isn't the place. But it's hard to mess up breakfast!

We've turned eating there into a tradition because 1) it's a buffet, 2) the kids still enjoy the character interactions, even after they figured out that they're people in suits, 3) we travel with a family member who has a very delicate stomach, plus another who's just plain picky, and CM chefs have always gone out of their way (including making mango-less ribs), just to make sure we're all satisfied. Yes, it's way overpriced, but it's in the budget because it's Disney. Factor in the time saved NOT having to run around just to get an interaction with the fab five, and it's a no-brainer for us. That said, we'll be doing Chef Mickey's AND Minnie's Seasonal this next trip (I do look forward to seeing Daisy!), but I really don't see us undoing our CM tradition anytime soon. Like, @stephmarty, I have that same vivid "WOW!" memory as a child, zooming through the CR as a child and being amazed by the thought of people staying there - we were grateful to stay in a tent to make our only childhood visit to WDW a reality. I'm fortunate to take my own as many times as we have. The food is not top-notch, but it's definitely edible. The food, however, is NOT why we go. It's everything else that makes it a unique experience that keeps us going back. If you're just looking for a place to eat, this probably isn't going to make you smile, at least not after the bill arrives.

Oh yuck! That's exactly why I refuse to eat at a buffet for anything other than breakfast.

We went for brunch just last week and thought it was very tasty. I liked the more lunchtime options and my husband enjoyed the breakfast selections. DS ate a full plate of sausage, waffle, nuggets, corn, and potato. We also enjoyed the sundae bar for dessert. I thought the ribs were great. I got there as a fresh batch was being placed. I did not like the ribs at Crystal Palace which were hard, dry, and I couldn't bite them. Every family does what works for them. :)

Sorry you had such a bad dinner. That's upsetting as these meals aren't cheap. We went for breakfast and quite enjoyed it. Good variety and was pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter