• Beach Club

Votes: 74 56.5%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters

macman123

DIS Veteran
I'm getting the itch again..... :)

So far I have a few points (!!) but I would like some more but I am torn between the above two.

Part of me says I don't want something which expires so soon - but I like 1BR so having the 11 month availability would be nice.

Which one do you like better?

If your answer is “both” then buy both? ;)

In all seriousness, one bedrooms aren’t as tough to book, especially pool/garden at BWV. So I’d probably buy Beach Club and then use my other points at 7 months for a PG BWV 1 bedroom. Assuming you’d be okay with that view.

Which one do you like better?

If your answer is “both” then buy both? ;)

In all seriousness, one bedrooms aren’t as tough to book, especially pool/garden at BWV. So I’d probably buy Beach Club and then use my other points at 7 months for a PG BWV 1 bedroom. Assuming you’d be okay with that view.

I've never stayed at either. For BWV I would want a Boardwalk view.......

I've never stayed at either. For BWV I would want a Boardwalk view.......
I own at BWV and like it a lot. But recently we have begun to prefer BC for our stays. Hubby loves Epcot (but it’s not exactly far from Boardwalk either, so this doesn’t carry a lot of weight for us), kiddo loves the pool, and I like the food options better at Beach Club (and Yacht Club).

Beach Club seems harder to get into in general. Boardwalk has better views (with actual bookable categories).

I guess it comes down to pool vs view at the end of the day. If you like the look of the pool at BC better, I’d buy there. If you think the views of the Boardwalk would suit you better, I’d go with BW. (Food and walking distance are easy to overcome. The other two are resort-specific.)

No wrong answer here. Pool won for us so I voted for BC above.

Would it be an option for you to try out the two resorts using your other points at the 7 month mark, for 3-4 nights? Might give you a better idea of whether you like the resort before buying there. I don’t know when you travel but hopefully there’s a 1 bedroom available for that time frame for at least a few nights.

Or perhaps this is a great reason to book a solo trip. For research purposes. 😁 A 6 night stay with 3 at BW and 3 at BC!

Beach Club is closer to Epcot and more convenient to the skyliner. Boardwalk is closer to Hollywood Studios. Beach club has a nicer pool. Food options aren’t really that great in either but are particularly bad at beach club.

Depends on what your priorities are.

We stayed at Boardwalk in 2021 because we were locked out of BC after rescheduling our trip. It was fine but Beach Club is home.

The only thing about BW and BC 1-bedroom is they allow 5 but only have sleeping spots for 4. So if you have 5 you need to bring an air mattress or something that the 5th person can sleep on. Now this was the case at SSR but their recent modifications added the 5th sleeper. Really hoping they do this at BW when they do the full remodel. Also BW only has lock off two bedrooms. So if you think you might want a dedicated two bedroom, BC has those. Both are amazing but you can’t beat that standard view point number. Fingers crossed you find what you want :-)

The only thing about BW and BC 1-bedroom is they allow 5 but only have sleeping spots for 4. So if you have 5 you need to bring an air mattress or something that the 5th person can sleep on. Now this was the case at SSR but their recent modifications added the 5th sleeper. Really hoping they do this at BW when they do the full remodel. Also BW only has lock off two bedrooms. So if you think you might want a dedicated two bedroom, BC has those. Both are amazing but you can’t beat that standard view point number. Fingers crossed you find what you want :-)
I'm one BWV owner who prays that they don't add another one of those single sleepers to the 1BR villas. Can you imagine the wear and tear on a 2BR villas that officially sleeps 10 people? I don't want that at my home resort. The crappy table/bed setup that they put in the studios is bad enough. Those things have been beat to hell and a full refurbished is still years away.

I'm getting the itch again..... :)

So far I have a few points (!!) but I would like some more but I am torn between the above two.

Part of me says I don't want something which expires so soon - but I like 1BR so having the 11 month availability would be nice.
I would not buy anything ending in 2042. Prices are too high!

But if you are 100% set on either BWV or BCV, there are two (IMO) major items to consider:
  • On the pro side for BCV, BCV is one of the smaller WDW DVC resorts and is tougher to book at 7 months than BWV.
  • On the pro side for BWV, there are relatively few Standard View and Boardwalk View rooms. BWV Standard View rooms are among the least expensive DVC rooms in all of WDW and are, IMO, the best value. A BWV Standard View typically requires considerably fewer points per night than a comparable BCV room. Your points will go a lot farther if you can get a BWV Standard View room. But there are relatively few BWV Standard and Boardwalk View rooms. These are even harder to book than BCV rooms.

Last edited:
I would lean toward BWV. I agree that the pool complex at BCV is really nice, but it seems like the units themselves at BCV are stuck behind everything and don’t have good views. I think all the views at BWV are great, and now that the pool has been remodeled, it’s really nice. Also, my favorite bar is the Belle Vue Lounge in BWV. 😊

Has either had booking category availability yet for you to at least try them out first? I’d split stay the two before scratching that 2042 itch. But as one of my DVC point heroes, I’d hope you like my home resort Beach Club better to tack on a few more. Sure the view possibilities are just either garden/woods side or pool side but it’s a separate building with its own charm and small lobby area, similar to staying at Boulder Ridge. They even paint the building its own color with Ariel greeting you at main entry. The pool experience of course is amazing. Instead of walking under that ship mast, why not climb those stairs and sail through it! Come on in and relax in the lazy river! Feel the sand under your feet! The current closest resort to a park gate. Just a few steps away to scan on in and walk around the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter