Beach Club or Boardwalk

Beach Club or Boardwalk

• Beach Club

Votes: 74 56.5%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters
I'm getting the itch again..... :)

So far I have a few points (!!) but I would like some more but I am torn between the above two.

Part of me says I don't want something which expires so soon - but I like 1BR so having the 11 month availability would be nice.
I would advise taking a look at the planned renovations for the Boardwalk rooms before deciding. Right now the BW rooms look very dated and no upgrades. Once they are renovated i am sure it’s going to be a bit nicer. I personally prefer the BW location (it’s faster to get to the back entrance of Epcot and to HS just hated the rooms). Cannot wait until they are renovated! I do agree the BC is better with little kids.

I would advise taking a look at the planned renovations for the Boardwalk rooms before deciding. Right now the BW rooms look very dated and no upgrades. Once they are renovated i am sure it’s going to be a bit nicer. I personally prefer the BW location (it’s faster to get to the back entrance of Epcot and to HS just hated the rooms). Cannot wait until they are renovated! I do agree the BC is better with little kids.

I did a tour pre Covid of BW. I have to agree, they didnt really stand out for me. Unlike VGF or RIV

Maybe worth adding 1BR at BC/BW and 2BR BC (and sometimes studio categories at BW) are not impossible to book at 7 months, assuming you aren't traveling peak. If you're OK with a few nights and a split stay, you should be able to throw some points around and do what you want without buying more.

It's neat to walk home from Harmonius and home from Epcot.

Easily BCV. The 3-4 minute walk from Epcot to the resort is unbeatable, especially when it is late and you had a few cocktails are tired. The pool is the best on property, too, which makes for great non-park days. The food options are good. Finally, it comes down to the vibe. BCV is a laid back beach theme, which me and my family love. Also, BCV is harder to book at 7 months so staying there can be difficult if you are not an owner.

Beach Club is also going to get renovated, very similar to what happened at Poly. It was supposed to happen this year, but I haven't heard anything on exact timing. And BC is way faster to get to Epcot...it's right next door to Epcot. When going to HS from BCV we always take the boat. It's not exactly a quick little walk to HS from BW, and we always pass all those people making that walk.

Never said differently but I am just pointing out if you want a great pool area with a lazy river it's easy to get at Disney is all.
But you don't have that pool and lazy river at your resort anywhere else in Disney. I would never go to a water park at Disney to enjoy that, but having it at my resort for non-park days is amazing. Spending a day at SAB and grabbing lunch at Beaches and Cream is awesome. We used to do 5 or 6 park days in a week long trip, but when we are staying at BCV we only do three park days so we can have three pool days.

How long are your split stays? My mom instituted a 3 night minimum going forward and only wants to hop once per trip. I’d be willing to hop twice but got outvoted by the one who makes the reservations.
I 100% agree with your mom. We did our first split stay this past February...three different hotels. Never again. I didn't like having to pack up and move every two days. I would be open to a two resort split stay in the future, but I definitely prefer the week long "plant your roots and don't worry about packing until it's time to go home" trip.

And BC is way faster to get to Epcot...it's right next door to Epcot.
I've not been in a BWV room that I can't be standing in the UK pavilion with a Guinness in more than 15-20 mins from my room. The BCV DVC villas are tucked in the back of the resort. The hotel side may be 5-10, but the DVC Villas are still 10-20. Way faster may be a stretch... 😎

I've not been in a BWV room that I can't be standing in the UK pavilion with a Guinness in more than 15-20 mins from my room. The BCV DVC villas are tucked in the back of the resort. The hotel side may be 5-10, but the DVC Villas are still 10-20. Way faster may be a stretch... 😎
We'll agree to disagree on this one. I have never met someone who made the claim that BWV was relatively as close to Epcot as BCV, so this is a first. I have stayed in BCV several times and we are always in the BCV building elevator, literally, within five minutes after walking out of the World Showcase gate. And that's not speed walking, either. That is normal "I've just had 5 cocktails" walking. From the Epcot gate to the "secret" BCV walking path (as my daughters call it) is 2 minutes. From there to the BCV building is usually another 2 minutes if there isn't someone really slow in front of you. I have routinely been on my balcony within 6 minutes after leaving Epcot.

We walked from Epcot to Boardwalk to get a slice of pizza in February and it definitely was longer. We opted to just wait for the boat back to BCV because we were tired (it was late) and that walk was daunting at the time. You are correct with your 20 minutes estimation for going from BWV to Epcot, but that is 4x longer than the walk to BCV that I just described. So, yes, 20 minutes in the big scheme of things isn't long...but when you are tired at the end of the night another 15 minutes feels like forever.

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I have never met someone who made the claim that BWV was relatively as close to Epcot as BCV, so this is a first. I have stayed in BCV several times and we are always in the BCV building elevator, literally, within five minutes after walking out of the World Showcase gate. And that's not speed walking, either. That is normal "I've just had 5 cocktails" walking. From the Epcot gate to the "secret" BCV walking path (as my daughters call it) is 2 minutes. From there to the BCV building is usually another 2 minutes if there isn't someone really slow in front of you. I have routinely been on my balcony within 6 minutes after leaving Epcot.

We walked from Epcot to Boardwalk to get a slice of pizza in February and it definitely was longer. We opted to just wait for the boat back to BCV because we were tired (it was late) and that walk was daunting at the time. You are correct with your 20 minutes estimation for going from BWV to Epcot, but that is 4x longer than the walk to BCV that I just described. So, yes, 20 minutes in the big scheme of things isn't long...but when you are tired at the end of the night another 15 minutes feels like forever.
I'll agree to disagree. :) That has not been my experience at BCV.

The answer is Beach Club and it's not particularly close. This is not meant to be a knock on Boardwalk. Boardwalk is awesome. Beach Club is REALLY awesome.

Either choice you make is a win-win. It’s the Crescent Lake area that you buy in for. All it has to offer at Swan and Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club. and Boardwalk. Don’t have to rely on any transportation other than your own feet, or scooter battery, for half the parks is great. Unless staying in that area or happen to take the friendship boat to park hop, likely won’t know all this fun exists.

I have a confession I am somewhat embarrassed about about want to see if anyone else has had the same thought... I prefer the Boardwalk for many different reasons, most of them sentimental. However I do check the DVC resale sites, resort availability, and prices quite a bit and I can almost feel myself being talked into BCV because it has a 'perceived' higher demand. I don't allow myself to fall victim to this but the feeling is still there.

I have a confession I am somewhat embarrassed about about want to see if anyone else has had the same thought... I prefer the Boardwalk for many different reasons, most of them sentimental. However I do check the DVC resale sites, resort availability, and prices quite a bit and I can almost feel myself being talked into BCV because it has a 'perceived' higher demand. I don't allow myself to fall victim to this but the feeling is still there.
If you prefer Boardwalk then Boardwalk it is! The only wrong answer is no Disney at all.

I guess its just the 20 year contract putting me off a little......
I guess the one advantage of the 20 year contract is that you won’t be stuck with points that you can’t use once all the 2042 resorts go away. If we were to do it again I would have recommended that our BC points had come from resale instead of direct.

I guess the one advantage of the 20 year contract is that you won’t be stuck with points that you can’t use once all the 2042 resorts go away. If we were to do it again I would have recommended that our BC points had come from resale instead of direct.
This. We bought Beach Club via resale and, quite honestly, the 2042 expiration was actually attractive to us. We will be 67 when it expires. To us, that was the perfect amount of time to commit to Disney and the perfect age to “get out”.

I own both and love both, but I would vote for BWV. Having the ability to book BW view and standard view is a huge perk. But you can’t go wrong with either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter