Beach Club or Boardwalk

Beach Club or Boardwalk

• Beach Club

Votes: 74 56.5%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters
Beach Club for me if I were to buy in that area hands down. Stormalong Bay is almost reason enough and you still have all the Boardwalk amenities on your doorstep.

To be fair you are at WDW so can easily go to a real theme park if you want. You however can't get the Boardwalk View at BCV and you can't get that shorter walk to HS in the morning either.

To be fair you are at WDW so can easily go to a real theme park if you want. You however can't get the Boardwalk View at BCV and you can't get that shorter walk to HS in the morning either.
Personal preferences definitely play into any decisions. What's important to you isn't to us. That's why having all the choice is a good thing. We can wave from opposite sides of Crescent Lake ;)

Can you imagine what BC2 could charge if the added 3BD grand villas with views of Crescent Lake, proximity to Epcot, and Stormalong Bay accesss? A 2BD is starting to feel tight for our family so we would absolutely book that hypothetical room no matter the cost!

Last edited:
Can you imagine what BC2 could charge if the added 3BD grand villas with views of Crescent Lake, proximity to Epcot, and Stormalong Bay accesss? A 2BD is starting to feel tight for our family so we would absolutely book that hypothetical room no matter the cost!
BC2 would be like printing money for them. I would buy so fast my money would leave skid marks.

I love Stormalong Bay, but I think even a day or two of it is enough, so I think I'd need a much smaller contract to scratch that itch.

I still think Yacht Club flip is a possibility for the next DVC. Yacht Club is old, and it has some terrible view rooms, like Beach Club. But that's like 4 years away at this point.

I love Stormalong Bay, but I think even a day or two of it is enough, so I think I'd need a much smaller contract to scratch that itch.

I still think Yacht Club flip is a possibility for the next DVC. Yacht Club is old, and it has some terrible view rooms, like Beach Club. But that's like 4 years away at this point.
How long are your split stays? My mom instituted a 3 night minimum going forward and only wants to hop once per trip. I’d be willing to hop twice but got outvoted by the one who makes the reservations.

You can stay at the pool for two days, even if you just stay one night. I've done that more than once. I don't see split stays as a big deal.

I own RIV, VGF(1) and (2), BLT, SSR, AUL, PVB and have 3,500 points.

Ive never stayed at BCV or BWV yet. I tend to do MK split stays.

Only thing that puts me off is 2042 expiration......

I own RIV, VGF(1) and (2), BLT, SSR, AUL, PVB and have 3,500 points.

Ive never stayed at BCV or BWV yet. I tend to do MK split stays.

Only thing that puts me off is 2042 expiration......
Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket it would be worth staying at both on a 7m reservation and seeing which you prefer. There are huge advantages to being walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Beyond that it comes down to preferences/trade offs. One will almost certainly feel like home. If not, then you can always double down somewhere else.

Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket it would be worth staying at both on a 7m reservation and seeing which you prefer. There are huge advantages to being walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Beyond that it comes down to preferences/trade offs. One will almost certainly feel like home. If not, then you can always double down somewhere else.

Indeed, which is why I like RIV.

Can take skyline to both......

I think she doesn’t like the hassle of packing up and moving to a new place. Also it takes a little while to settle into the feeling of a new resort.
We agree with your mother! We also have a 3-night minimum stay, and we do split stays only when we want to try out a new resort or the 50% borrowing limit means we have to spend a few nights in a studio, can't do a whole week in a 1 BR.

Honest question then - if you like RIV why not just buy more points there with better incentives and a longer expiry? We LOVE BC but if I were indifferent to the resort I wouldn’t be paying significantly more per point for a 2042 vs what I could get at RIV or VGF.

I own RIV already. I only ever stay in 1BR with DVC usually as only 2 of us

RIV is beautiful. I have SSR/AUL SAP so I guess I could try it using those.

Personal preferences definitely play into any decisions. What's important to you isn't to us. That's why having all the choice is a good thing. We can wave from opposite sides of Crescent Lake ;)

Never said differently but I am just pointing out if you want a great pool area with a lazy river it's easy to get at Disney is all.

Never said differently but I am just pointing out if you want a great pool area with a lazy river it's easy to get at Disney is all.
It's the only hotel lazy river at onsite Disney resort hotels. So it depends on what one means or defines as easy to get. Yes, if you want to pay to go to a water park and take that time out of your day, that's fun too, but it's not at all the same as having one steps from your room. At least for us. It's the convenience of having it onsite. There's a reason why it's the only actively wrist-banded WDW hotel pool ;)

Last edited:
When we traveled with young kids, it was Beach Club for sure. Storm along bay is awesome! Now that we travel without kids, it is Boardwalk without a doubt.
Context makes all the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter