Best store bought spaghetti sauce

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I usually make my own spaghetti sauce but I need a store bought brand to go on a meatloaf.
What are your favorites??

Add me to the list of people who usually make their own, but I definitely keep a jar or two of Rao's in the pantry for emergencies. We are very picky about our pasta sauce and have tried many of them on the market through the years. I recently attempted to try Victoria's for the first time this weekend, but when I went to open the jar, it was encrusted with black goo, so I had to get rid of it. (It was recently purchased and well within its date.) I might give it a try if I find it on sale again at some point.

We are also Rao's converts, though their alfredo sauce isn't our favorite. The Publix Premium varieties are pretty good, too.

Raos for sure. I've found it at Sam's before but have not checked lately.

Grew up on Ragu. Tried Rao's after hearing folks rave about it. Admittedly, I thought "it's sauce, how much better/worse could it be"? But once we tried it, we've never gone back to anything else.

Raos for sure. I've found it at Sam's before but have not checked lately.
I purchased a two jar pack of Raos at Costco a few days ago.
I don't know about current availability at Sam's Club.

I start with Prego Traditional, add a four ounce can of tomato paste, a couple cloves of crushed garlic, a tablespoon of oregano and a teaspoon of rosemary. I like a sauce with some thickness and a strong tomato flavor. I usually add one finely chopped onion and some sort of meat (usually ground beef or Italian sausage) as well.

Raos is a little expensive for me. I only buy Prego on a BOGO sale.

I start with Prego Traditional, add a four ounce can of tomato paste, a couple cloves of crushed garlic, a tablespoon of oregano and a teaspoon of rosemary. I like a sauce with some thickness and a strong tomato flavor. I usually add one finely chopped onion and some sort of meat (usually ground beef or Italian sausage) as well.

Raos is a little expensive for me. I only buy Prego on a BOGO sale.

Rao's is *very* expensive. I get the large jars of Marinara at Costo and I think it works out to be about $5.50 per jar. Everyday price in the grocery store is about $8.99 per jar and I won't pay that. My favorite blend is the Italian Sausage and Mushroom and it's very homemade tasting. About once a month, the Safeway seems to have it for $5.99 a jar with a store club card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter