Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

Of course its the day I Ieave! Should I add a day to guarantee a ride or just take my chances that I will be fine during the previous week?

Last edited:
I can’t wait to book my Fastpasses now in April! We like Slinky Dog Dash, but this trip Star Wars is our focus, so I *think* that’s the fastpass we’ll pick. But I’m going to keep an eye on wait times after the 19th to see how things change. It might be worth sticking to our original plan of doing Smugglers Run last thing at night since a lot of the huge Star Wars fans will have been in the park since before opening. If MMRR gets Fastpasses before April, that will probably be my ultimate plan. While I’d like to ride everything, I’m realistic and we knew we were doing this trip last Spring Break, so we made sure to do SDD then in case we couldn’t do both this trip.

This simplifies my plans considerably for later this year, especially if MMRR get's lumped into Tier1. I also rather hope RotR remains as a boarding group option into next year.

In one simple change, WDW has turned a Tier1 and 2 throwaway FPs into 3 usuable FPs that people would actually use.

Last edited:
We're doing one Disney day during our cruise/Universal trip the week of President's Day specifically to see Galaxy's Edge, so I'm really glad we picked 2/20! This makes the whole day much easier knowing that we have a Fastpass for Smugglers Run. I am curious how this will impact refreshing during the day for additional FP, especially since it's a busy week.

Its going to be a wait and see thing, but my gut says SSD will be the coveted Tier one.

MFSR seems to be almost walk one late at night.

While a comparison to MK is not totally the same , its fair to say 7DMT is almost never a walk on, even late, while the other big rides that compete with it at MK CAN be almost walk on at certain times.

I have yet to see SSD be a walk on, or even less than 30 minutes, making the 7DMT a good comparison.

Not to mention they are both similar coasters and have loading limitations.
But now that MFSR is going the way of the FP+, it will make the standby line much much longer. IMO, this is actually BAD news for many people who were planning their HS day. I honestly think this really causes longer waits at MFSR than there are currently.

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate, I wonder though if part of why the standby line for Smuggler's Run is because there is no Fastpass. FP users slow down the standby line enormously so now that FP is available we may see the wait times get much longer for MFSR, making it more or at least equally covetable.

I guess in short, it's exactly what you said - have to wait and see!
As I posted above, I think this dramatically slows the SB line for MFSR.

Well now I don't know what to do. I currently have SDD at 7pm on our HS day because that was all that was available. If I should happen to be able to get an earlier FP for MFSR, what's the likelihood we'll still be able to do SDD, too? I liked the idea of riding SDD at night... maybe we try to do MFSR *after* SDD, right before park close? This is my first visit in over 30 years and HS didn't even exist when I was there last so I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing :)

But now that MFSR is going the way of the FP+, it will make the standby line much much longer. IMO, this is actually BAD news for many people who were planning their HS day. I honestly think this really causes longer waits at MFSR than there are currently.

Yes, this is almost sure to happen. SB will be longer.

This really helps out people who couldn’t snag SDD though. That one is tough to get even at 60 days. Now those people can hold MFSR, and two useful tier 2 rides.

I guess I'm new enough to not be able to post again for awhile.

I just have to say my day was made this morning. I stalk these boards all the time, but haven't posted much in anticipation of our upcoming trip (over my birthday!). When I saw this on the MDE App this morning, the first thing I did was come to these boards to see if someone else had a similar experience (y'all are so up to date with this stuff). Since I hadn't found any other experiences, I couldn't wait to share the news so others could join in on the fun!

This is making my birthday trip look even more exciting! Now fingers crossed we get to ride RoTR (planned for my birthday)...just hoping they now change opening time to earlier than 9am!

Well now I don't know what to do. I currently have SDD at 7pm on our HS day because that was all that was available. If I should happen to be able to get an earlier FP for MFSR, what's the likelihood we'll still be able to do SDD, too? I liked the idea of riding SDD at night... maybe we try to do MFSR *after* SDD, right before park close? This is my first visit in over 30 years and HS didn't even exist when I was there last so I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing :)
I'd keep your SDD, but of course, that ties up your Tier1 all day. You could try to rope drop MFSR?

70-80% of people will use fastpass and have short waits .but stand bye wait will go up a lot (think FOP wait times )

70-80% of people will use fastpass and have short waits .but stand bye wait will go up a lot (think FOP wait times )
my point exactly. Before this news, the MFSR queue would be <30 minutes later in the day but now that it is FP+, it will probably get to a nominal 60-75 minute wait from about 10am forward.

So excited when I got my TA email this morning threw away our Frozen Sing along FP and got a late afternoon MFSR for our March Trip (only because we already had TSM for the morning and I didn't want to change that) so I'm hoping to grab a boarding group in the morning and then rope drop MMRR I'm really excited now because the rope drop situation was giving me anxiety lol.

So I'm assuming once they workout the kinks MMRR will be Tier 1 FP with Slinky and SR. I'm Surprised they didn't keep Rockin Tier 1 since it's so popular

Last edited:
I cannot get into any fastpass plans at the moment. Ugh!! Hoping the site/app will cooperate soon

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate, I wonder though if part of why the standby line for Smuggler's Run is because there is no Fastpass. FP users slow down the standby line enormously so now that FP is available we may see the wait times get much longer for MFSR, making it more or at least equally covetable.

I guess in short, it's exactly what you said - have to wait and see!

That will be an interesting thing to observe. The planning sites have all been saying this for years - how badly FP affects things. This is a recent, relevant example of before and after. It will the comparison very clear.

I dont think for a while now . I would have thought they would have added today if it was going to be straight away

I think they don't want to risk FPs with reliability issues on a new ride (maybe any new ride). BGs or Stby only protect them from that to a larger degree than FPs. So yes, I think this is a hint that it will not open with FPs. But I could definitely be wrong about that.

I'm so glad we're going back to being able to pick up a Star Tours anytime I want. Having that as a hard to get throwaway was not something I was looking forward to. :rolleyes:

I also think that the effect on refreshing won't be too horrible. There are now a lot of rides worth FPing (what a change from 2 years ago) which will naturally spread things out. I don't think it will be much worse than having them all as Tier 1s. And ST will now not even need a refresh to get a time within 10 mins. All is good. (why did the ducking smiley disappear - I really want to use it here)

LOL, we broke MDE. These are not even my dates, (my dates are Feb 13-16), and it cannot find any fast passes on any dates.

I'd keep your SDD, but of course, that ties up your Tier1 all day. You could try to rope drop MFSR?
Exactly 😒 We have a 9:05 ADR at Hollywood & Vine, and it looks the earliest available as of right now is 8:55 - I doubt an extra 10 minutes is going to help us much. I'll just have to keep checking, and if we have to wait in line for MFSR, we'll wait in line. At least it's an interesting queue, from what I understand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter