Bulb exchange sent/received thread..

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
Names are out...
Mail out date is the 29th...
Happy shopping...

I had sent out two boxes this morning. I hope the recipents like them :) . I tried to put an extra touch to them.

OMG! You are FAST girl!
He just gave out the names this a.m.
I only saw it this evening!
I won't get around to doing anything about it until the weekend at the earliest and I will probably be mailing mine at deadline time.

I wanna be like you! :sunny:

Sent stuff out already?:earseek:
Wow..
I still got a lot of shopping to do...:earseek:

Enjoyed shopping this morning in the snow. It felt like Christmas not St Paddy's Day. Came home wrapped it all up and got to the PO before closing.
Hope they enjoy it :p

Geez! You guys are giving me an inferiority complex.

Don't fret, you have plenty of time. The last bulb exchange I was late getting it out. Wait till the snow melts. Course the way things are going that could be April Fools day!

:Pinkbounc I received my bulb exchange!!!:Pinkbounc

I just want to say thank you to my sender (who shall remain nameless until the exchange is over)
A great deal of thought went into it. I'll post all that my surprise package held as soon as everyone gets theirs. It's really special.

Thanks so much to my sender and to Shep for putting together another super bulb exchange.

YAY!
Our first person has received theirs..:bounce:
People still waiting:

mommytotwo

:D

Went to ship off my package and found one waiting, cool huh?

Wow and thanks to ..........you know who you are. So should I wait to say what and from whom until the exchange is completed?

I love what I received, and the special touches were much appreciated. Can't wait for it to warm up just a touch more so I can get planting.

What I sent wasn't as inventive but a bit is from my own stash and rather special to me (starts were originally from my brother who died last summer.)

This was great fun!

Just to let you exchangers know. I had started a seed exchange, so if it interests you, please see the seed thread and send me your information.
I love garden forum exchanges :)

Hiya,

Just wanted to let you know that I have put this thread on the Exchange Index over on the Community Board. I will also be adding the Seed Exchange.

Why not check it out if you haven't already? There's a link in my sig and it is permanently stuck to the top of the CB.

Enjoy your exchanges, always good to see some on boards other than the CB, (where we have far too many ;)... j/k!!)

Cya,
Gaspode

I mailed my package out today and i reicieved my package yesterday from Patsy (mommytotwo)

Here is what she sent me

Mon Amour Gladiolus
Goldfield Gladiolus
Lily
and a surprise bulb
and a little flower pot with bird houses on it
I also build birdhouses for craft shows, it came within my theme of loving birdhouses

I planted all of my bulbs this morning.

Thank you so much

Wanda

I received mine today...
prairieracer sent me stuff out of her yard...:bounce: :bounce:

She sent me a Gladiola--this thing is huge..:hyper:

Pink & White Lillium--don't have any of these...:hyper:

Lily..--yay, my favorite...love lillies..:hyper:

Can't wait to plant these guys..:bounce:

Thanks Wanda..
:bounce:

Originally posted by shep
Names are out...
Mail out date is the 29th...
Happy shopping...
Just checking to make sure I did not miss the send out date. I mailed mine out minutes ago with three days to spare! :D

I also RECEIVED my exchange! Actually, received a day or two ago and apologize for not posting sooner. I was feeling guilty about not posting and feeling guilty that I had not sent out my exchange until now. So, today I get to post that I received and sent!

Thank you CrazyForGoofy for all these wonderful things. I need to do some research as a few are new to me (which is what this all about). I received:
  • Maidenhair Fern (Adiantum pedatum)
  • Caladium of mixed colors (I always wanted caladiums - Who told you?)
  • Dutchman's Breeches (Dicentra cucullaria ) I think this is a Bleeding Heart?
  • Red Trillium (Trillium erectum) Did we have a post on this board about this plant, I remember reading something about it one time or other
  • 3 Calla Lilies - Crystal Blush - BEE-U-TEE-FUL
  • Galax (Galax rotundifolia) Not familiar with this one at all
  • 4 Hosta - Elisabeth :D
  • AND THE VERY BEST...... Two cannas from her own garden! A big tall red and a small red and yellow (or so the note says, I just have the roots LOL!!)
Thank you again, CrazyForGoofy, so very much and thanks to Shep too for another great exchange.

Hope my receiver enjoys what I sent.

I'm so glad you liked the goodies I sent.

The galax by the way is a plant I admire that doesn't grow naturally here in the midwest but is a native of New England. Here's info:
http://2bnthewild.com/plants/H50.htm It's really lovely!
Hope they all grow for you. I sent some woodland type plants (trillium, galax and dutchman's breeches- yes its one of the bleeding hearts) because you said you needed plants that like shade and for the most part they do. They like lots of humus and compost rich soil.

Enjoy!

Mary Alice

Originally posted by DebºoºS
Enjoyed shopping this morning in the snow. It felt like Christmas not St Paddy's Day. Came home wrapped it all up and got to the PO before closing.
Hope they enjoy it :p

Thanks so much, Deb. I was going to wait until the mailing deadline to post what I received and from whom but I can't wait:

Two kinds of beautiful asiatic hybrid lilies, 3 Avignon and 3 Chianti. I'm hopeful I can make them grow! They are stunning.

A bag of 25 freesia, I can't wait for them to grow!

A big bag of oriental hybrid lillies in assorted colors, oh I hope I have success with them, I'm only really good with daylilies.

A bottle of The Weary Gardener's Rejuvenating Effervescent Bathing Gel,

A wonderfully scented envelope of bath stuff (used it and misplaced the envelope but wow it was nice!)

and a sweet figurine of a gardener and her barrow of flowers that says Friends are flowers in the garden of life.

This is my first real experience with the kind inhabitants of the F&G board. Lucky me! Thanks again.

And Shep, you're a gem to have set up the exchange. ::yes:: :wave2:

Now I'll tell you all what I got and from whom. My exchange came from Patsy aka Mommytotwo. She put such great care into packing and wrapping. It arrived in a beautifully wrapped box and inside was a miniature pail wrapped in cellophane and ribbon. The gift tag described what was nestled inside.

Mon amour gladiolus (doesn't that sound pretty?)
Goldfield gladiolus (glads are my birth month flower)
A Lily from her own garden (oooh how special, can't wait)
and a surprise bulb (I love surprises) also from her garden!

Thanks so much Patsy for sharing your bulbs. I'm going to plant them today.
:bounce:

Everybody raise your watering cans. A toast to Shep!

Hooozah, for a great bulb exchange! Thank you! Let the spring bulb planting begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter