Can't purchase Disney gift card w/ Target gift card?

So you can still use a Target Gift Card in store to purchase a Disney Gift Card, but you can't do that online? Or you can do it online, but won't get the extra 5% off?
You CAN use a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC IN STORE. But you CANNOT use a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC ONLINE. You can purchase Disney GCs online using a credit card.

Sorry but does anyone know if the discount is 10% total or can I get an extra 5% with my target card?

Target in-store customer service said I cannot buy Disney gift cards with a target gift card. What gives!?

Sorry but does anyone know if the discount is 10% total or can I get an extra 5% with my target card?
10% total. The redCard does not take 5% off Target GCs. However, if you have Discover, it is 5% off Target this quarter (or 10% if your first year). Any other credit card with cash back would be additional save as well (e.g. Citi Double is 2%).

You could never get 5% off Target gift cards when using your Red Card. Tomorrow you'll only get the 10% off; you won't get additional 5% off using the Red Card. It's 10% off total.

10% total. The redCard does not take 5% off Target GCs. However, if you have Discover, it is 5% off Target this quarter (or 10% if your first year). Any other credit card with cash back would be additional save as well (e.g. Citi Double is 2%).
Thank you!

Just curious if you can still buy a Disney gift card with a Target gift card. It seems like Target has cracked down on the rules of purchasing gift cards with Target gift cards....

Just curious if you can still buy a Disney gift card with a Target gift card. It seems like Target has cracked down on the rules of purchasing gift cards with Target gift cards....

I was able to do so 2 weeks ago (after the big 10% off Target cards sale). I went through self-checkout. If you go through the regular checkout, you may want to have something in addition to the Disney GC, such as groceries, etc.

If they still give you problems, just cancel the transaction and try a different Target store.

I was able to do so 2 weeks ago (after the big 10% off Target cards sale). I went through self-checkout. If you go through the regular checkout, you may want to have something in addition to the Disney GC, such as groceries, etc.

If they still give you problems, just cancel the transaction and try a different Target store.
Same here. Had no problem buying the Disney GCs with Target GCs. The cashier did the purchase for me although I usually do self checkout. Apparently some Targets are cracking down and not allowing it, just depends on your local Target.

I just bought 2 $100 Disney gift cards yesterday along with some other items with target $300gift card. I have one more $300 to use but I didn't want to buy all on the same day plus I only saw 2 of the $100 cards on the rack.

I just bought 2 $100 Disney gift cards yesterday along with some other items with target $300gift card. I have one more $300 to use but I didn't want to buy all on the same day plus I only saw 2 of the $100 cards on the rack.
My Target doesn't carry the $100s. :( Combinng the $50s is a chore!

My Target doesn't carry the $100s. :( Combinng the $50s is a chore!
This is the first time I have seen them there in a long time! Now I will hold out hope that they will have more next time I go back. I agree, combining is a chore.

My store has the 100s, but they are usually sold out. I'm sure there are tons of people who take advantage of the 5% off!

My store has the 100s, but they are usually sold out. I'm sure there are tons of people who take advantage of the 5% off!
More likely the 10% that was offered by purchasing the Target GCs the first Sunday in December!

Go through the self-checkout if your store has one. If not, purchase something else along with the Disney GC and use your Target Gift Card to pay. DO NOT ask the Target Cashier anything about it. They will tell you no, but if you don't mention it, then neither will they. Just make the purchase.

FYI - as a result of the huge fiasco and arguments at stores resulting from this recent event, I was told at my store that there is serious talk that Target will no longer carry Disney GCs. I do hope this is merely a rumor amongst employees.

Go through the self-checkout if your store has one. If not, purchase something else along with the Disney GC and use your Target Gift Card to pay. DO NOT ask the Target Cashier anything about it. They will tell you no, but if you don't mention it, then neither will they. Just make the purchase.

FYI - as a result of the huge fiasco and arguments at stores resulting from this recent event, I was told at my store that there is serious talk that Target will no longer carry Disney GCs. I do hope this is merely a rumor amongst employees.
I've read of some Targets putting employees at self checkout and not allowing it!

The cashier process seems to vary. It all depends who you get and at what Target. But until you try it you won't know. Technically their policy allows for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter