Can't purchase Disney gift card w/ Target gift card?

Has anyone ever had an issue with the Disney GC not being loaded w/$ when they use it? I just used Target GC to buy Disney GC and am waiting for them to ship.
Yes, there have been reports of that happening. It can be a real pain to get it sorted out.

What can I do before I leave to see if they work? Will Disney accept them if I show the Target receipt for purchase?
To answer your second question no Disney will not just accept it if you show the receipt. If target didn't activate it you have to contact them to have it rectified. I always check mine online when they come since I have read of others receiving unactivated cards occasionally.

I ordered on 28th. They took longer then normal to ship, but they are supposed to be here tomorrow.

As another data point: I just ordered a couple of cards yesterday to finish paying off my upcoming trip (along with a few household items) and was able to pay with my gift cards. I just got the shipping notifications for the entire order so all appears to be well for the moment.

I hope this isn't enforced in the near future. I use my swagbuck rewards to get target gift certificates, which I buy disney cards with.
I'll echo your sentiments! I use both Perk and SB to get Target GCs and then I redeem them online for Disney GCs to stretch those GCs a little further. I just completely paid off a 4-day *free* dining trip with my sister and nieces using Disney GCs obtained this way. I sure would hate to see that avenue closed. I have this trip and my December trip covered, but it would be nice to have enough Disney GCs to pay my DVC dues, too.

Echoing what disneyjes said I just bought cards today from Target but in store.

I bought 3 $50 gift cards (so $150 total) using 5 target gift cards that equaled $150 receipt says "activation sucessful" and my balance ended up being zero.

Maybe it's going to be an online only deal cuz there was no signage nor wordage on the back of the gift card nor underneath target's price tag regarding new policy....then again from earlier comments the policy just started a few days ago...

Well - the Disney cards I ordered earlier are on their way supposedly...they have had a tracking number but have not been picked up for delivery yet (over 24 hours with this status) - they are with another item from my order. The rest of the items from the order are set to arrive tomorrow.

Tonight I tried to use more raise GCs to buy Southwest EGift Cards. That order was cancelled in just a few minutes after purchase... It cancelled my entire order - including the allergy medicine that I was trying to buy...

Going to have to see what else I am willing to get now that I have $400 in raise gift cards...I spent nearly $300 in store tonight on all sorts of items (no gift cards) so could be a while before I can spend it all if I don't do it with gift cards! Maybe it's the egift card path that's locked down?

Well - the Disney cards I ordered earlier are on their way supposedly...they have had a tracking number but have not been picked up for delivery yet (over 24 hours with this status) - they are with another item from my order. The rest of the items from the order are set to arrive tomorrow.

Tonight I tried to use more raise GCs to buy Southwest EGift Cards. That order was cancelled in just a few minutes after purchase... It cancelled my entire order - including the allergy medicine that I was trying to buy...

Going to have to see what else I am willing to get now that I have $400 in raise gift cards...I spent nearly $300 in store tonight on all sorts of items (no gift cards) so could be a while before I can spend it all if I don't do it with gift cards! Maybe it's the egift card path that's locked down?

That is exactly it.

Target no longer allows you to buy an eGift card with a gc.

I just ordered a Disney gift card and 4 other items. Said the order went through and I had 4 gift cards that I used. So, I will let you know what happens!

I used my $50 in Target gift cards I got from swagbucks last night to order a $50 disney card last night, it shipped out this morning.

I haven't posted here in a long time and I knew about the Target 5% but not the stacking of discounts by buying a Target GC and using that to buy a Disney GC and getting 10%.

However, I just tried to buy a Target GC online and my RedCard is my default and I was not getting 5% off the GC.

I tried it with the Disney GC and the 5% discount is there.

I am wondering if they shut off the 5% discount on Target GC purchased with a RedCard.

I haven't posted here in a long time and I knew about the Target 5% but not the stacking of discounts by buying a Target GC and using that to buy a Disney GC and getting 10%.

However, I just tried to buy a Target GC online and my RedCard is my default and I was not getting 5% off the GC.

I tried it with the Disney GC and the 5% discount is there.

I am wondering if they shut off the 5% discount on Target GC purchased with a RedCard.
That has never worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter