Captain EO has died...

ellen is not wholesome and she has a whole ride. She was the first lady to kiss another lady on tv adn one of the first to come out pubicly on live tv. THats not wholesome. just wayin.

I had a rather lively discussion about this over the weekend with my Dad.

I think it would be cool if they did bring back Captain Eo for a limited time however the likelyhood is minimal.

ellen is not wholesome and she has a whole ride. She was the first lady to kiss another lady on tv adn one of the first to come out pubicly on live tv. THats not wholesome. just wayin.

Not the same even remotely. The lips Ellen kissed were adult lips. Nothing perverted or illegal. Adult-Adult relationship. No problem. Michael Jackson was a criminal. He should have been locked up for his sexual abuse of multiple children. I was proud of Disney for removing Captain EO.

oh I'm subbing for this one.... :lmao:

please enlighten me as to how kissing someone you love on national television and proclaiming your sexual orientation is not wholesome. just sayin.

popcorn::

BYC-Complete blind ignorance
Michael Jackson was not a criminal. Get the true facts. It is the easiest thing in the world to read the papers and than regurgitate what is written. Please think for yourself. The DA's first line at the press conference of the trial "We got him" says it all. I could link you to the true facts but then again I bet you wouldn't even read it. You may not have liked him but have some respect. Back to the thread-I would love for Disney to show Captain EO for awhile to remember him. Michael loved Disney, had his own ride and visited many times. I'm sure Disney could do it if they wanted to to help us remember him.

Are you kidding me? you are comparing consensual adult sexuality to someone charged with child molestation?:confused3

OH MY GOD - Really not wholesome - 2 adults kissing - I need this explained to me:confused3

Look no matter what Michael Jackson did or did not do - Ellen IS NOT IN THE SAME CATEGORY! :mad:

Sue

captain eo RULED! i have such fond memories of it when i was younger. i idolized michael jackson and still consider his music to be amazing. he broke through alof of barriers. i think, right now, we should all be remembering a great talent ... let the man rest in peace.

If I remember correctly, EO was removed because it was getting outdated. Had nothin' to do with MJ's questionable behaviors.

I saw it for the first (and last) time on my honeymoon in '93. I loved old-school MJ,:love: but thought EO was as corny and weird as he was becoming.

I am glad, though that I did get to see it.

Ellen's ok with me. Those lips she kissed weren't mine, so whatevs.:confused3

HUGE MJ fan, but even i can admit Captain EO was just dated and bad. it shouldn't come back for that reason.

as for ellen being immoral.....even i, a straight married mom of 2 who votes primarily republican thinks that is just sillyness. she is in a committed loving relationship with another adult. and other than once taking a very bold step to gain acceptance for herself and others, she keeps her private life private. Please start judging people (gay, straight, black, white, christian or muslim) on their actions and character and not just because they are different than you.

Have to say I'm proud of all the disboard people here standing up for Ellen and adult, loving relationships.
And for all the level-headed people who understand Michael Jackson never had the chance to be "normal," and behaved in a way deemed unusual to "regular" society but most likely was innocent of the pedophelia of which he was accused. He love childhood, and everything it represented, which he sadly missed out on. His love of ALL children made him "weird" to society, even frightening.
And truly we'll never know the absolute truth, but he was a real musical genius and deserves respect for that alone.

Now that he is gone, the controversy is also gone. Can Disney bring back his 3D movie? We could watch it over and over and we are not particularly fans.

I am sorry but I hope that they don't. I can think of about a hundred different things I would like to see instead!;)

Rubyprincess:

There was another post on here that had a link to the movie on Youtube for those who want to see it. I doubt it will be brought back though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter