• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain EO has died...

My problem with Michael Jackson has nothing to do with his drug addiction. If we were to find out that Steve Tyler and/or Judy Garland were child molesters, I would agree that they should not be honored in any way. Drug addiction is a self inflicted problem. If they were giving drugs to kids, then they should be gone. But, there have been no accusations of that. To me, crimes against children are the most heinous crimes there are. To pay homage to a pedophile is just wrong...I don't care how well he can moondance. If one of my kids were one of the ones molested by Jackson, he would have been dead years ago. Of course, I am not stupid enough, or greedy enough to sell my kid to him, like many of the parents of his victims did. :mad::mad::mad:

ITA! :thumbsup2

It is just so amazing how people view and say things. Michael Jackson, was never found guilty of being a child molester. He was an amazing talent. Simply put. Why do people insist on dragging this man through the mud, even after death??

However, people still hold high regard for Elvis Presley. Calling him the "King." How old was priscella when he got married her?? Or, how about Jerry Lee Lewis, he married someone at the age of 13 right? Why aren't these people drug through the mud? :confused3

It is just so amazing how people view and say things. Michael Jackson, was never found guilty of being a child molester. He was an amazing talent. Simply put. Why do people insist on dragging this man through the mud, even after death??

However, people still hold high regard for Elvis Presley. Calling him the "King." How old was priscella when he got married her?? Or, how about Jerry Lee Lewis, he married someone at the age of 13 right? Why aren't these people drug through the mud? :confused3

:thumbsup2

And as a PS, Child Molesting is an illness as well... that's why they go to rehab people.

Can we talk about the attraction please?

I don't call Elvis the "King" and I don't know who Jerry Lee Lewis is.

I do know who OJ Simpson and he never killed anyone... according to the court but I would never trust him with a sock. It's sad that he's dead, and I really enjoy some of his songs but I will never praise him for what he has done... and it disgusts me knowing that people do. You can't hurt the lives of many children, put out some great songs and think everything is ok!

And the thing that amazes me, is that it's people WITH CHILDREN who seem to be the one's defending him.

And as a PS, Child Molesting is an illness as well... that's why they go to rehab people.

Can we talk about the attraction please?

We are talking about bringing back an attraction that involves a highly controversial subject.

Even the thread title is "Bring back Michael Jackson's 3D" OP was kind of asking for it.

Is Michael Jackson being tried in the DIS courts again? Guilty or not, Disney would never show Captain EO again. Disney avoids controversy of ANY kind and this thread illustrates how angry some people are about the allegations. This isn't exactly what Disney would want to be associated with.

Personally, I'd like to see Captain EO again in some other venue. I watch and enjoy Thriller so I would watch Captain EO. I don't remember it being all that great but it's been a while.

I really don't know how I feel about his actual innocence or guilt. The most damaging thing to me aren't even the allegations or the trial. The worst damage was done by MJ himself defending sharing a bed with children saying it was something "beautiful" I was so creeped out by that, and disgusted at any parent who'd allow their child to sleep with an unrelated man. :scared: I don't find sharing a bed "boyish" or "chilldlike" How many young boys "love" to innocently share a bed?

But there's always a chance that he was just messed up, and never did anything sexual to them. I find it unlikely because I don't see any other purpose in sharing a bed. They could have even shared a room, but a bed? Why? But there's a chance, I guess. Nothing was proven.

What I find horrifying is that now I'm hearing some people say it doesn't matter anyway. That he should be idolized regardless of actual guilt or innocence. :eek:

As for the attaction, I never saw it, but it it was that good, they can bring it back with someone else starring in it, as a PP said. But just from what I've read, the concept doesn't appeal to me.

Now Horizons... I've seen videos of it, and I would love to see THAT return!

It'd be cool if they released it into some movie theatres with 3 - D glasses. It's be a neat short.

My problem with Michael Jackson has nothing to do with his drug addiction. If we were to find out that Steve Tyler and/or Judy Garland were child molesters, I would agree that they should not be honored in any way. Drug addiction is a self inflicted problem. If they were giving drugs to kids, then they should be gone. But, there have been no accusations of that. To me, crimes against children are the most heinous crimes there are. To pay homage to a pedophile is just wrong...I don't care how well he can moondance. If one of my kids were one of the ones molested by Jackson, he would have been dead years ago. Of course, I am not stupid enough, or greedy enough to sell my kid to him, like many of the parents of his victims did. :mad::mad::mad:

My response wasn't directed towards your post, if it were, I would have quoted it.

Priscilla Presley was 22 when Elvis married her. Born 1945, married 1967. I believe Jerry Lee Lewis WAS drug thru the mud, but ignored the bad press.

Apparently EO stands for Extreme Overdose.

I have nothing but disrespect for Michael Jackson. To me, his death means that no more children can be molested by him. That is a good thing. As far as people making disgusting comments after your death...if you committed crimes against children, then yes, people will, and should, make snide comments. All of the people who do not believe the accusations of child molestation will be believers soon. Now that he is dead, and now that many of his victims are adults, it will come out. Of course, there will be those that blame the victims, just like they did when they first started emerging. As far as Capt. EO goes, I hope they burn it.

I don't care what your personal opinion of Michael Jackson is, but making jokes or saying his death is a "good" thing is in very poor taste.

Even if you do not like him, the fact that he was an outstanding artist... good enough for the imagineers to have created an attraction around him... is true. There is an attraction, and love it or hate it, this thread is a discussion about the attraction, not the man.

Now are people going to start making a huge scene because Ellen DeGeneres is in an attraction and she's ::gasp:: a lesbian? That's just as bad according to some people. Worse even.

(IMO there's nothing wrong with being gay, straight, or purple, just to clarify.)

I think that the ATTRACTION needs to be debated, and child molester or not, MJ should be treated with human dignity on this board. Not everyone agrees with you, but making fun of his death, especially when he left behind a family who loved him, is extremely tacky.

I don't call Elvis the "King" and I don't know who Jerry Lee Lewis is.

I do know who OJ Simpson and he never killed anyone... according to the court but I would never trust him with a sock. It's sad that he's dead, and I really enjoy some of his songs but I will never praise him for what he has done... and it disgusts me knowing that people do. You can't hurt the lives of many children, put out some great songs and think everything is ok!

And the thing that amazes me, is that it's people WITH CHILDREN who seem to be the one's defending him.

I am a person with children. And no, I don't have to defend the man. He was not found guilty. So, all these snide comments. Are not based on facts. It is just someone's opinion of what in their own assuming minds happened. I know for a fact. Michael Jackson was the highest contributor to different children's charities. Where are your facts, that he has hurt the lives of many children? :confused3

I know you have heard of people being accused of things. They never did right?

Priscilla Presley was 22 when Elvis married her. Born 1945, married 1967. I believe Jerry Lee Lewis WAS drug thru the mud, but ignored the bad press.

Ok better question. When did elvis start dating her?? She was 14. He was 24 right?? Was that ok? Was it right. Why do people still look up to this pedophile and, Idolize him?

Ok better question. When did elvis start dating her?? She was 14. He was 24 right?? Was that ok? Was it right. Why do people still look up to this pedophile and, Idolize him?

Haha, not only that buy Disney frequently has Stitch dressed as Elvis... :rotfl:

i'm neither a michael or elvis fan - i like some of their songs but that's it.

so - from what i know. elvis started dating priscilla in Germany and since i don't know the laws over there now or when they started dating in the 60's i can't tell you if what they were doing was illegal. plus they had her parents blessing - right or wrong

i also know that celebrities get away with all kinds of things you or i wouldn't and that's fact - just look at all the celeb court cases and compare them to the general california public (can't compare other states since their laws are different). do they get away with murder? in my opinion - yes in two cases i think they did

how many celeb's get away with dui's alone?

would elvis have been arrested if it was now? maybe - maybe not

do i idolize him - hell no.

i don't idolize anyone - they are people just like you and i who get paid an astronomical amount because they have a talent that people are willing to fork over loads of money for just like athletes.

fame has its privileges

I was 17, my husband 22 when we got married. Is this amazing man I have been married to forty two years a pediphile? Absolutely not!! Marrying young was not uncommon during and before the 1960's. My best friend's daughter was 15 her (now 10 year) husband was 25. He also is not a pediphile, they married when she was 18. So, yes I guess I think this was ok. There is a huge difference in this and taking young boys to bed with you.

I was 17, my husband 22 when we got married. Is this amazing man I have been married to forty two years a pediphile? Absolutely not!! Marrying young was not uncommon during and before the 1960's. My best friend's daughter was 15 her (now 10 year) husband was 25. He also is not a pediphile, they married when she was 18. So, yes I guess I think this was ok. There is a huge difference in this and taking young boys to bed with you.

Try, and make it ok. It is not ok. I call a man who dates a 14 year old, and is 25. A pedophile. Why does an adult wish to date a child??

So, in your mind we can now pick and choose, what a pedophile is surrounding the circumstances?? Centuries ago, father's slept with daughters and that was the "norm". Is that ok to you, because it was the norm back then, no it is not. So, neither is a man marrying a child.

I have said my peace about this. Will go back to trip planning. The man is not guilty. Plain, and simple. Noone has any proof, that he is. So, the issue to me, is dead.

Good Lord people. The man in question is currently in the process of being laid to rest. Regardless of your feelings on the the matter have enough respect for his family and children to let it go for ONE DAY. Resume the argument tomorrow if you must, but for now, let it be.

Very sad day definetly, i feel the Captain EO Attraction should be back for a limited time in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter