CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are just shuffling things because Mardi Gras and Radiance won't be ready on time. It looks like they have to have ships in Port Canaveral for some reason? I've been holding off booking the Mardi Gras, because I don't know when it will be safe to travel and because I was concerned it wouldn't be ready on time. I wonder if this will be the last postponement. For Mardi Gras. I am still expecting further cancellations for October.

I think they are just shuffling things because Mardi Gras and Radiance won't be ready on time. It looks like they have to have ships in Port Canaveral for some reason? I've been holding off booking the Mardi Gras, because I don't know when it will be safe to travel and because I was concerned it wouldn't be ready on time. I wonder if this will be the last postponement. For Mardi Gras. I am still expecting further cancellations for October.

I agree. It's obvious that things have been bad (re: COVID) where the ships are currently buying built/refurbished and now they have to reassign some routes.

I'm also expecting more cancellations this fall.

I want to say I am deeply sorry for everyone who has to change plans.

I've just experienced it with NCL and it sucks.

I saw the news this morning and assumed the same thing. I'm not surprised the European and Transatlantic were cancelled. We can't get into Europe for how knows how long. But I wonder if the ships were moved because those other sailings and/or departure ports were more popular or sold better? I was actually looking at Breeze & Magic sailings for the rest of this year so I'll have to get on and see what they look like now. And yes, I'm also sorry for anyone's itinerary that was affected. I hope you still get to sail and both ships are still great options!

Wow. If you think Carnival is taking long to refund your cancelled cruise (re: COVID)... My NCL agent just told me it would take up to 3 months (90 days) to get my money back.

I'm sad. I just saw the changes to Magic Kindom and I actually like what they have done. I think I would feel safe over there with all the new changes and rules. I feel like we can still feel the magic.

But I might not get to go as planned (pre-cruise stay) so now I am sad.

Last edited:
Hey everybody! I’m sitting at work right now wishing I was on a ship, bummed that I won’t be able to get away until at least next June. I hope you’re all doing well and was wondering if anyone has done or will be doing any vacations this summer.

We had plan A through about H planned for the summer and haven’t been able to do anything. The only thing I’m looking forward to is this fall. My wife and I are going up to Flagstaff, AZ to visit both of our kids at Northern Arizona University. Our daughter is starting her freshman year up there and our son will be a Junior. DW and I are both Alumni from NAU, so we love spending time up in the beautiful pines of Northern Arizona. I’m adding a picture to show you the side of Arizona most people don’t know exists.
Take care and I look forward to hearing about any recent or upcoming adventures and of course I can hardly wait to hear about all your future cruises. 0AB60017-AF84-48F5-A0A6-E7EC9C992567.jpegEE495A0E-0AC5-494F-A7B2-23306D68F91D.jpeg

Not going on vacation this summer but short half-a-day cruises are now permitted in Montreal and since they have one that offers brunch while sailing on the St. Lawrence river departing from the Old Port... We’ll experience that in two weeks. We’ll have to wear masks and do social distancing but I’m excited about it. :)

Not going on vacation this summer but short half-a-day cruises are now permitted in Montreal and since they have one that offers brunch while sailing on the St. Lawrence river departing from the Old Port... We’ll experience that in two weeks. We’ll have to wear masks and do social distancing but I’m excited about it. :)
That sounds fantastic, have fun

My “vacation” this summer consisted of 3 nights in a cabin in NC. We spent 2 days hiking and seeing a bit of Asheville.

I’m pretty sure my October cruise will be cancelled and I will still take the week off. We might go back for more hiking. Nothing solidly planned yet.

I have been to Flagstaff a couple times and it is very pretty. Kind of reminded me of my hometown at Lake Tahoe.

No vacation until cruise that's booked for March 2021. We did adopt a new kitty today though. We already have one and I've wanted another for awhile. Figured now is a good time since we're always home. She's a sweet 2 yr old tabby. Haven't decided on a name yet. I like the names Millie, Molly, Lilly, or Poppy. My dd keeps calling her Cornelius Dufflepud. I keep telling her there is no way we are naming a cute GIRL cat that!! The rescue group we got her from had 34 kittens!! So if anyone wants a cute kitten, I know where you can get some, lol!! I feel like we've been living our life just waiting for this stupid virus to go away. We just had 5,000 new cases pop up in this past week. I saw on the main board about the survey DCL had. I think we will most likely cancel our cruise if we have to wear masks all the time or can only get off the ship if booked on a DCL excursion. I don't mind wearing a mask when I go to the grocery store or dr appointment, but not doing it on vacation. We still have a long time, so trying to not think about it to much. Never thought we'd still be dealing with this when it first popped up last March.

No vacation until cruise that's booked for March 2021. We did adopt a new kitty today though. We already have one and I've wanted another for awhile. Figured now is a good time since we're always home. She's a sweet 2 yr old tabby. Haven't decided on a name yet. I like the names Millie, Molly, Lilly, or Poppy. My dd keeps calling her Cornelius Dufflepud. I keep telling her there is no way we are naming a cute GIRL cat that!! The rescue group we got her from had 34 kittens!! So if anyone wants a cute kitten, I know where you can get some, lol!! I feel like we've been living our life just waiting for this stupid virus to go away. We just had 5,000 new cases pop up in this past week. I saw on the main board about the survey DCL had. I think we will most likely cancel our cruise if we have to wear masks all the time or can only get off the ship if booked on a DCL excursion. I don't mind wearing a mask when I go to the grocery store or dr appointment, but not doing it on vacation. We still have a long time, so trying to not think about it to much. Never thought we'd still be dealing with this when it first popped up last March.

Congrats on the new kitty! :D

No new cruises planned right now, except for Alaska next year. WDW trip cancelled as well, although seeing photos of it open again has made me happy. Mixed feelings about it opening again while Florida has such high numbers, but my concern is mainly for the front line cast members.

I've been furloughed until the end of this month and DH has been essential, but he let me know a few weeks ago that he *needs* to get away and "doesn't care where we go as long as it's not here." So after a bunch of planned and cancelled trips (I understand where you're coming from @Club Disney Chandler :laughing:) to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Gettysburg, New Orleans, and even possibly Universal, we're going to the Catskills for a few days. I'm actually REALLY excited to check out this hotel I booked (Check out The Roxbury Motel in NY if you get a second!) and we'll spend a day at some nearby caverns, do some hiking, pool time and hopefully try out a few restaurants.

Hopefully a cruise will be booked soon. I'm just waiting to hear what the guidelines, rules, and restrictions will be. I also saw the thread about the DCL survey, so I'm very interested to see what happens there. I figured most major cruise lines would have similar protocols when they eventually sail again, but anything is possible at this point!

No new cruises planned right now, except for Alaska next year. WDW trip cancelled as well, although seeing photos of it open again has made me happy. Mixed feelings about it opening again while Florida has such high numbers, but my concern is mainly for the front line cast members.

I've been furloughed until the end of this month and DH has been essential, but he let me know a few weeks ago that he *needs* to get away and "doesn't care where we go as long as it's not here." So after a bunch of planned and cancelled trips (I understand where you're coming from @Club Disney Chandler :laughing:) to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Gettysburg, New Orleans, and even possibly Universal, we're going to the Catskills for a few days. I'm actually REALLY excited to check out this hotel I booked (Check out The Roxbury Motel in NY if you get a second!) and we'll spend a day at some nearby caverns, do some hiking, pool time and hopefully try out a few restaurants.

Hopefully a cruise will be booked soon. I'm just waiting to hear what the guidelines, rules, and restrictions will be. I also saw the thread about the DCL survey, so I'm very interested to see what happens there. I figured most major cruise lines would have similar protocols when they eventually sail again, but anything is possible at this point!
OMG! The Roxbury looks amazing! What a great getaway for you, that’s really awesome that you found such a unique place to spend some time, my guess is you’re going to have a great mini vacay. Thank you so much for sharing that with us, you made my day.

I read through the whole survey and DCL plan on the disneycruiseline blog. I have to say, there is absolutely no way that I would pay DCL prices for what they are planning on taking away and how things are going to be structured. No deck parties, no fireworks and the only way to get off the ship in ports is to have an excursion through DCL, thanks but no thanks. But they are giving you a stateroom credit of $250 after charging you full price for your “magical“ cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter