Cases rising or dropping by you?

So you're saying there's been a smear campaign?
No. I'm saying the woman is a whack job who was fired because of her criminal history in both Louisiana (as a result of her firing from the faculty of LSU) and Florida (as a result of getting dumped by her former boyfriend).

She is not well, and is just lashing out as she always does at her latest oppressor (in this case, Florida state government).

There are plenty of legitimate sources of information on Covid without quoting nut cases.

No. I'm saying the woman is a whack job who was fired because of her criminal history in both Louisiana (as a result of her firing from the faculty of LSU) and Florida (as a result of getting dumped by her former boyfriend).

She is not well, and is just lashing out as she always does at her latest oppressor (in this case, Florida state government).

There are plenty of legitimate sources of information on Covid without quoting nut cases.

That is not why she was fired, though.

That is not why she was fired, though.
Yes it is. The woman is a nut case who was fired twice from different employers because of her instability.

Don't get tangled up in silly conspiracy theories. There are plenty of legitimate sources of Covid data.

Yes it is. The woman is a nut case who was fired twice from different employers because of her instability.

Don't get tangled up in silly conspiracy theories. There are plenty of legitimate sources of Covid data.

I agree with your last statement, but to continue to malign this woman because of allegations against her is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with her ability to do her job.

Our Covid counts in our central Florida hospitals have still been dropping.

My hospital had testing positives of 19% 4 weeks ago and last week we were 6%. Our hospitalizations have also dropped by about 50% since our peak about 3 weeks ago.

As I often say, one day's results are not a trend but apparently Florida's testing has ramped back up to normal levels after Hurricane Isaias.

I'll post more detail when the rest of the info is up, but we reported 7,650 new cases out of 104,000 test results...which is a normal test day for us.

Positivity dropped in Dade and Broward Counties (the two biggest hotspots), but don't have the full state stats yet.

We'll see if that one day result holds up the rest of the week. Although the testing has ramped back up, I'm not positive the lab processing has caught up, so it will be a few days before we know for sure.

State positivity was reported at 8.34%. But as I said above, I want to see more days with similar numbers before I accept that as a real sign of any change.

I also want to see a real trend in reported deaths. Today's report of 120 may be skewed by reporting delays due to the hurricane.

View attachment 516229

Here's the full report:

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...orida-case-total-covid-19-deaths-latest-data/

You get your numbers from the most unreliable source there is for Florida, their DOH.

Read what Johns Hopkins says about how testing reports including antibodies are hiding information.

When states report testing numbers for COVID-19 infection, they should not include serology or antibody tests. Antibody tests are not used to diagnose active COVID-19 infection and they do not provide insights into the number of cases of COVID-19 diagnosed or whether viral testing is sufficient to find infections that are occurring within each state. States that include serology tests within their overall COVID-19 testing numbers are misrepresenting their testing capacity and the extent to which they are working to identify COVID-19 infections within their communities. States that wish to track the number of serology tests being performed should report those numbers separately from viral tests performed to diagnose COVID-19.

You can literally see under the DOH graph that they are including the antibody tests.

The problem is that sugar-coating the situation in Florida doesn't help anything. It's a freaking mess here and I think the state is fudging the numbers. Today they cancelled another cabinet meeting because it wasn't safe, but it's safe enough to open schools. o_O

Florida added 7,650 coronavirus cases Thursday to push the statewide total to 510,389 infected. And with 120 new virus fatalities reported Thursday, 7,747 Florida residents are now dead.

The number of people who have died from Covid-19 in Florida exceeds the population of Aspen, Colorado.

Today's Florida report is just about what we expected. 87,775 test reports, 7,686 positive, positivity 10.12%.

The test numbers and positivity are both in the normal range, so they appear to reflect a normal rate of testing. Less than 8,000 positives is somewhat lower than around 10,000 like we had been seeing -- but it's only two days and not enough to call a trend. But at least it's not going the wrong way.

Here are the rates of testing, for comparison purposes:

And the positivity rates:

Last edited:
Again, Florida's testing numbers have returned to normal -- with cases and positivity a little lower than the previous couple of weeks.

Yesterday, we reported just under 100,000 tests, 8,502 new cases, and a statewide positivity rate of 9.91%.

By comparison, we were previously averaging about 11,000 cases per day, and a positivity rate of about 12%. So, while it's still a bit early to call a trend, the last three days have been hopeful.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...orida-case-total-covid-19-deaths-latest-data/

LMAO...as usual, you picked the ONE number - for ONE day - from an article to try to show what you want to show.

Your own story presents a much more balanced view than your "headline." Every other number in the article presents improvement...except the number you selected to emphasize.

Here is another set of numbers that probably are much more representative of the trends than the ONE day's number that you like.

New cases with a 7 day trend line:

CURRENT HOSPITALIZATIONS - no trend line, but I have confidence readers can figure out which way things are actually headed

And daily fatalities -- again with trend line.

Fatality numbers bounce around all over the place, so I wouldn't get locked into this trend line indicating a possible peak. If it looks that way a week or two from now, OK, but not from just the last few days -- part of which was during a hurricane threat.

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020...ive-trends-for-florida-in-coronavirus-battle/

Why do you always feel the need to argue about factual information? I posted a fact. I didn't make a comment. I didn't analyze it. It is what it is. I'm not going to try to pretend that Florida is doing a good job. We opened too soon and our citizens are paying the price for that.

Last edited:
Why do you always feel the need to argue about factual information? I posted a fact. I didn''t make a comment. I didn't analyze it. It is what it is. I'm not going to try to pretend that Florida is doing a good job. We opened too soon and our citizens are paying the price for that.
You are constantly cherry-picking ONE fact -- from only ONE day -- which means nothing, but it matches what you want to say. You're not posting information; you're just trying to justify your narrative.

Nobody is saying Florida is out of the woods. We have a LONG way to go.

That fact was over the last week, more than 3000 of your fellow citizens were hospitalized. Why is this a problem for you to accept as a fact?

ETA - I had no idea that I had a "narrative" - can you tell me what it is?

The topic for discussion is: "Cases rising or dropping by you?" How is informing people that Florida had a record number of hospitalizations in one week not germane to that topic?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter