Change who is in each room and park reservations

todd222222

Mouseketeer
Hi -
We are planning a trip for Jan 2021. At this point, we will have 6 people across two rooms. I'm going to go ahead and make resort reservations and park reservations.

We are in a bit of a strange situation and won't bore you with that aspect, but we might want to switch who is in each room. Can we switch people around who is in each room without losing park reservations, Fastpass+ (assuming they come back), etc?

Thanks
Todd

I’ve had a situation in the past where our room “assignments” were spread out across several different rooms. They can change it over the phone but I always feel like phone calls take a very long time. Also it can be difficult as it’s harder to change the lead person on the room. They did it for me once, but on their end they literally had to cancel the room and rebook it. All of our other reservations stayed the same, but it took FOREVER on the phone and seemed like it was a very roundabout way to fix something so simple. My advice would be just to leave it as is until you arrive at the resort. I think it’s easier for them to switch things like that onsite as they’ll have your magic band (if you have them) and then it’s just a matter of giving room access to the right people. There’s really nothing that needs to be done in advance unless you want to add people. If you are just swapping people between rooms it doesn’t affect anything for planning purposes.

Park Reservations are NOT associated with any room reservation. Let alone, which room you're in. Park Reservations are separate from everything else. You have to have a valid ticket to make a Park Reservation, and the bucket that reservation is drawn from is determined by whether or not you have a resort reservation, but they aren't actually tied to the resort reservation or the actual ticket (meaning either can be changed without affecting the Park Reservation).

In this regard, they are similar to ADRs. There are things that determine when you can make them, but they're only tied to your MDE account - nothing else.

Steve

Hi -
We are planning a trip for Jan 2021. At this point, we will have 6 people across two rooms. I'm going to go ahead and make resort reservations and park reservations.

We are in a bit of a strange situation and won't bore you with that aspect, but we might want to switch who is in each room. Can we switch people around who is in each room without losing park reservations, Fastpass+ (assuming they come back), etc?

Thanks
Todd
If you call Disney resort reservations and make a multiple room reservation, which means that both resort rooms are included under one reservation number, then it won't matter who stays in each room. It is the simplest and easiest way to make a reservation when you aren't sure who is going to be in each room. We had a multiple room reservation with two rooms and five people and everyone's MagicBand opened both room doors. You have to call to do this. You can't make a multiple room reservation on line.

Last edited:
...but are tied to park tickets. Once you assign a MagicBand to a park ticket, then you won't be able to move the park reservations around.

I understand what you're trying to say, but this is not entirely correct. Park Reservations are not tied to an actual ticket. They are associated with a person. That person had to have had a ticket to make the reservation, but once made, the specific ticket can change without affecting the park reservation. The person cannot.

Also, tickets are never assigned to magic bands. Both tickets and magic bands are assigned to a person, via the MDE account. Magic Bands are merely keys to access the MDE account. Nothing is ever stored on the bands or assigned to the bands.

Steve

I didn't realize the park reservations were connected with a person and not a ticket - thanks. :)
tickets are never assigned to magic bands. Both tickets and magic bands are assigned to a person, via the MDE account. Magic Bands are merely keys to access the MDE account. Nothing is ever stored on the bands or assigned to the bands.
I already knew this but may have confused people who didn't know it. :)

I already knew this but may have confused people who didn't know it. :)

I assumed you did. But it's so easy to use the wrong word here and cause new guests to misunderstand what's actually taking place. My analytical brain wants to be a clear as possible on this one. 🤪

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter