China 2010

Packing like crazy! One daughter is all the way packed, and a little more laundry for daughter number two, and she will be packed. So excited!!

My friend James is an adventure guide in China this year, so if he is your guide, tell him his best friend Danielle says hello! :wave2:

Have a great time! I wish I was going!

My friend James is an adventure guide in China this year, so if he is your guide, tell him his best friend Danielle says hello! :wave2:

Have a great time! I wish I was going!

Nell,
We had James as a "shadow guide" during our May 30-June 11th China trip! What a great friend you have! We truly enjoyed his company!

Oh my God! We leave Friday!
Have a GREAT time!! I just received our photo cd in the mail today from our May 30th trip...what memories! So excited for you and your family...have fun!
Please tell your guides (you might have Jason and Leo) Laurie, Michael & Quincy say "Ni Hao!".

Nell,
We had James as a "shadow guide" during our May 30-June 11th China trip! What a great friend you have! We truly enjoyed his company!

He is an amazing friend...with the best job in the world! I'm so jealous of it... It's a dream job for me! Glad you had a great trip, and got to spend it with such a great guy! He's one of the nicest guys I have ever met... :goodvibes

Wow! That is a great endorsement! I hope he is one of our guides. Our guides last year were absolutely wonderful. We are still in contact with both of them. Disney must really work hard to hire such great guides.

WE LEAVE ON FRIDAY!!!! HOORAY!!!!:cool1:

Hi everyone - just stumbled upon this thread from the home page. My husband has been in China on business since June 5th. He has been staying in Shanghai but went to Chengdu for a meeting and will be going to Shanghai, Beijing and Datong for his next visit.

I know everyone here will be up for quite an adventure and I wish everyone a fantastic trip. DH has had a very nice stay and is excited for the next few months flying to/from China for work. The people in China have been very warm and welcoming to him.

EDITED TO ADD - Bring Benadryl- they don't sell it in the stores - DH had a colleague who had an allergic reaction to something she ate and he tried 3+ different stores and they don't sell it.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this now...

When we got our Travel Visas back, all it was was a sticker covering a page of our passport - I'm not sure what I expected, but what bothers me now is they did not use the photos we sent at all.

Please tell me this is right!? Especially since we leave tomorrow morning!!!

Have a GREAT time!! I just received our photo cd in the mail today from our May 30th trip...what memories! So excited for you and your family...have fun!
Please tell your guides (you might have Jason and Leo) Laurie, Michael & Quincy say "Ni Hao!".

Hi - what do you mean by "photo CD?" Is it like Photo Pass in the parks? Or was this your own personal photo CD?

Hi - what do you mean by "photo CD?" Is it like Photo Pass in the parks? Or was this your own personal photo CD?
This year, ABD is giving everyone a CD of all of the photos taken by the Adventure Guides during the trip. It used to be that you had to purchase them through Photopass, but now they are including it in the ABD, and they send them to you after the trip for "free".

Sayhello

I took my ABD backpack last year and it fell apart on the trip. The one I got this year is still in the box! Our girls took the ABD one last year and they seemed to work well.

I really liked last year's backpack, but mine came apart during the trip too.

When we got our Travel Visas back, all it was was a sticker covering a page of our passport - I'm not sure what I expected, but what bothers me now is they did not use the photos we sent at all.

That is probably how it goes for China. When I was living in Germany, my residency visa had my horrible, biometric mugshot embedded in the printed sticker, also adhered over a passport page. China may choose to file the photo, electronically, but not include. If you have any questions, or just want to formally ease concerns, call the Chinese Embassy:

Embassy of China in Washington, United States

2300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington D.C.
District of Columbia
USA
Phone:
+1-202-328-2500
+1-202-328-2551
Fax:
+1-202-588-0032
+1-202-328-2582
Email:
chinaembassy_us@fmprc.gov.cn
Website URL:
www.china-embassy.org/eng

Someone there should be able to confirm it!

Your passport/visa is absolutely correct!!! I am not sure why they asked for a photo (maybe big brother is watching), but you are good to go!:thumbsup2

Well it is our turn to pack and slightly panic LOL!! We leave home on Wednesday so we can get to a major airport then we fly out of Canada on Friday YEAH. Wondering how the tour who is there now did during the heat wave hope everything was okay for them.

Well it is our turn to pack and slightly panic LOL!! We leave home on Wednesday so we can get to a major airport then we fly out of Canada on Friday YEAH. Wondering how the tour who is there now did during the heat wave hope everything was okay for them.

You mean it got hotter? The second half of June was like Florida in July in many spots.

We just got back from China last evening. It was a fantastic experience. I can't possibly say enough good things about ABD.

I would tell future adventurers to be sure to prepare for extreme heat and humidity. It was crazy hot. Also remember to bring some TP!

Have a great time. Our guides, James and Huan, were FANTASTIC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter