Coach's Mardi Gras Trip to UF 2010 Updated- #11- Final Update

I know both times were accidents, but that is some unfortunate luck Alisa has. I know it was tearing her up inside all day.

Sam thinks Zach looked silly inside the shark's mouth.
Yes, it was a very difficult day for her. It was a major bummer for all of us. As you know, it is usually DADDY who forgets, drops, breaks, spills, or loses anything.. not mommy :lmao: So this was tough for her.
Zach had a BLAST this entire trip! He just LOVED being able to "cut" all the lines with his room, key! Still don't understand why you guys don't want to give UF a try, I think you would really enjoy it!
Oh dear what a thing to happen to the lanyard, what are the chances???

Don`t blame you for not doing the Simpsons............I was very ill on it, came off it a nasty shade of green.........:sick::sick:never again..........and I can do any coaster. But that ride never again.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Millenia Mall.......................it`s the only Mall we visit really and always have about four visits per trip............shops are great.....and there`s the Cheesecake Factory :cloud9::cloud9: Yum Yum

Looking forward to rest of your trippie, really enjoying it so far :thumbsup2

Thank you, Schumigirl :)
That's the name of it! Millenia Mall! I was so overwhelmed inside that place :eek: I tell you, it must be a female's PARADISE!!! So many shops.. the entire place looked like something out of a movie.. I was as lost as a child in there..:sad2: By the time I finally found the Sony store I was so happy.. just so I could LEAVE :yay:

MMMM cheesecake.... which reminds me of up my next update...

Great update and great pics with the iPhone!! I wouldn't have been so calm if I lost all my tickets, CC and DL!!! :sad2:

I too have motion sickness - I couldn't do BTTF, nor can I do Star Tours at DHS, but the Simpsons is OK for me :confused3

... and that Mall is something else!!!

Wow, I give your wife credit for even being able to "fake" that smile... i would have been freaking out big time. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear what happened, if they found it, where they found it...I am going to be holding on to mine for dear life...I don't want to carry a purse, but I am so scared of the lanyard breaking and losing everything......Never even considered the possibility of losing the whole thing! eeeks :scared1:

That mall looks amazing! How long did it take you to get there? Was it an easy commute? We have one day we are going to Cocoa Beach, but that evening the mall would be a perfect thing for us to do if it isn't too hard to get to!

How did you like the food at Bubba Gumps? I am not a seafood eater, but the rest of my clan is. Is there alot of other options besides shrimp?

Great photos with the iphone by the way.

My husband likes rides, but he does get sick when he goes in circles, like he can't ride the teacups but he loved the Millenium Force coaster at Cedar Point... I pick on him its the kiddie rides that get him...I thought the simpson ride was like Jimmy Neutron ride. So its an actual coaster then? I am going to go look that up now... I think I will have all of us take motion sickness pills each morning just for precautionary measures !

Great update and can't wait to hear more!

Great I phone pics...Sorry to hear about the lanyard I'm hoping that it all worked out.
I got sidetracked for a couple days but I've caught up and am really enjoying the TR...Great job:thumbsup2

Great update and great pics with the iPhone!! I wouldn't have been so calm if I lost all my tickets, CC and DL!!! :sad2:

I too have motion sickness - I couldn't do BTTF, nor can I do Star Tours at DHS, but the Simpsons is OK for me :confused3

... and that Mall is something else!!!

Thanks for the compliments.. we were lucky to have a "backup" camera while I resolved the charger issue. I wouldn't say that we were necessarily "calm" with the ticket incident.. but we just realized that until the end of the day, we were helpless.. so we just had to wait and see...
I am shocked that you can do Simpsons! Also very jealous...

Wow, I give your wife credit for even being able to "fake" that smile... i would have been freaking out big time. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear what happened, if they found it, where they found it...I am going to be holding on to mine for dear life...I don't want to carry a purse, but I am so scared of the lanyard breaking and losing everything......Never even considered the possibility of losing the whole thing! eeeks :scared1:

That mall looks amazing! How long did it take you to get there? Was it an easy commute? We have one day we are going to Cocoa Beach, but that evening the mall would be a perfect thing for us to do if it isn't too hard to get to!

How did you like the food at Bubba Gumps? I am not a seafood eater, but the rest of my clan is. Is there alot of other options besides shrimp?

Great photos with the iphone by the way.

My husband likes rides, but he does get sick when he goes in circles, like he can't ride the teacups but he loved the Millenium Force coaster at Cedar Point... I pick on him its the kiddie rides that get him...I thought the simpson ride was like Jimmy Neutron ride. So its an actual coaster then? I am going to go look that up now... I think I will have all of us take motion sickness pills each morning just for precautionary measures !

Great update and can't wait to hear more!
It took me about 15 mins to find the mall (thanks to our GPS -we named her Lola).. I don't recommend it.. you may never come out :laughing:

I can't even WATCH the teacups..:sick:
Simpsons is a simulator, not a true coaster.. but the movement with the video does me in...

Great I phone pics...Sorry to hear about the lanyard I'm hoping that it all worked out.
I got sidetracked for a couple days but I've caught up and am really enjoying the TR...Great job:thumbsup2

Thanks Jal!

Quick question- speaking of pictures..do any of you own/use a DSLR camera? If so what are your opinions??

Wow, I am so sorry about the lanyard! I never thought about it flying off, but I do tuck it in my shirt because I'm afraid it will hit me in the face...I'll be extra vigilant about tucking in the future! I would have been a complete basket case it that happened to me -- your wife has a great deal of fortitude to even be able to eat after that! Bubba Gump's does look yummy, though...I'm glad you were at least able to get a new charger that day -- a bright spot after a scary moment.

Maria :upsidedow

So after charging up my batteries I was anxious to take some more pics.. when I got back from the Mother of all Malls (Millenia), I grabbed my camera and met Alisa and the boys by the pool. It was the only day that was nearly warm enough to go swimming and the boys could not resist..

DSC03878_2050.jpg

DSC03889_2061.jpg

After all that swimming we decided to hit the Club Level for our afternoon snacks.. here is where the trouble started for me.. you see I used to be quite big.. actually I was at one time nearly 300 lbs :eek: About 3 years ago I decided to make a life-change and lose the weight.. well long story short I am now weighing around 185 and possibly in the best shape of my life. So I try my best to eat healthy. So here are the club level dishes for the afternoon:

DSC03906_2077.jpg

DSC03905_2076.jpg

The boys really loved it...
DSC03907_2078.jpg

..and so did I.. I ate way too much of the fried stuff and that is what started it.. later that night they had "evening sweets".. I decided to accompany Zach to check it out.. they had some cookies.. and some CHEESECAKE bites.. and some fudge... OMG :cloud9::love::lovestruc
I knew I was in trouble.. I made the mistake of trying to eat just one cheesecake.. and that was it..... my sugar/sweet addiction kicked in.. I got a tall glass of milk and proceeded to eat an UNGODLY amount of everything :sad2:

I have to admit.. it was GREAT!!! Soon after though I regreted it. But as you will see, it would not be the first "slip".

Right about this time, Alisa texted me and let me know that they did indeed find her lanyard with everything still inside.. what a relief :yay::cheer2:

So as the day came to and end.. all was well.

Next up- Margaritaville and Blue Man Group!!!

RL update- just took a BIG plunge and purchased my first DSLR camera.. I just bought a brand new Nikon D5000 DSLR.. I'm so excited!!!

Good night everyone!!!

Great update! Congrats on the camera; I told Danny that is what I want for Christmas this year :rotfl: we'll see:rolleyes1:

Happy to hear Alisa was able to find her lanyard with everything attached...

wow the club level looks and sounds awesome! and scrumptous!!!

Fantastic update, and terrific news about he lanyard. :yay: Love the Club photos -- but I agree, it is very dangerous! We stayed PBH Club last June, and it seemed like we couldn't leave the resort without a stop just to see what might be available :rolleyes1 -- which we then of course had to eat! :rotfl2:

Maria :upsidedow

Whew...I'm glad you found the lanyard. Congrats on the camera and I have the same problem with the goodies at the lounge. I have to say I like the looks of the club lounge at the RPR.

Looks like everyone is having a great trip.:thumbsup2

Hey Coach, Love the report you have kept my attention. So, now im trying to do the same thing. I am starting my own trip report and was needing help on how do u post pic's?:confused:

Hey Coach, Love the report you have kept my attention. So, now im trying to do the same thing. I am starting my own trip report and was needing help on how do u post pic's?:confused:
You can use a variety of websites to upload your pictures to and after you upload, they'll give you an image code that you can use for places like forums. You'd copy and paste the code onto your post. Photobucket is probably one of the best choices since you make an account and can keep all your photos together.

You can use a variety of websites to upload your pictures to and after you upload, they'll give you an image code that you can use for places like forums. You'd copy and paste the code onto your post. Photobucket is probably one of the best choices since you make an account and can keep all your photos together.

Thanks april i think i have it figured out.....
n1283928067_1476555_4179628.jpg

Whew...I'm glad you found the lanyard. Congrats on the camera and I have the same problem with the goodies at the lounge. I have to say I like the looks of the club lounge at the RPR.

Looks like everyone is having a great trip.:thumbsup2

Yeah finding the lanyard really was a blessing..
The club lounge at RPR is fantastic.. we can't wait to try it again.. perhaps next summer!

Thanks april i think i have it figured out.....
n1283928067_1476555_4179628.jpg

Congrats!!! Happy TRing! Make sure you give us the link so we can tag along!!!

cheesecake?:love:club is sounding better all the time. Now, if loews would cooperate & tie them into youfirst program i'd be set ;)

congrats on the weight loss:thumbsup2 & the new camera, may it serve you well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter