Coach's Mardi Gras Trip to UF 2010 Updated- #11- Final Update

:thumbsup2 Another great update Randy, you sure do have two happy looking boys.

I feel your pain at the Simpsons ride :sick::sick:

I too was an awful shade of green coming off of that ride................never ever again. Strange I`m fine with Spiderman, but this one ......uugghhhh:sick:

Looking forward to the next bit :)

Great pics again Coach.

Your boys truly look like they are enjoying themselves. The huge smiles on both of their faces say it all :) You are truly blessed! The one on the boat where they are hugging each other is just too precious. Very very nice :lovestruc

I am now going to have everyone on the look out for the madagascar penguins!! They are my favorite!

Can't wait to see your next installment :)

Now that's a happy family! And the two brothers actually seem to be happy to be with each other! Love the photos on the boat!

Maria :upsidedow

AWESOME!! :thumbsup2
FANTASTIC!! :banana:
TERRIFIC!! :cheer2:

Really great trip report to read. It was full of pictures, details and hair raising :scared1: stories.

Glad you all had a great time and I look forward to reading your next trip report.

BTW, we too just took the plunge and bought a DSLR camera. We went with the Nikon D3000. We bought it mostly to be able to catch those fast moving shots of our kids competing at karate tournaments and our DD's dance competitions.

:thumbsup2 Another great update Randy, you sure do have two happy looking boys.

I feel your pain at the Simpsons ride :sick::sick:

I too was an awful shade of green coming off of that ride................never ever again. Strange I`m fine with Spiderman, but this one ......uugghhhh:sick:

Looking forward to the next bit :)
Oh yeah.. I was hurting for several minutes after the Simpsons. Spidey doesn't bother me as bad either.
Last update coming this weekend...
Great pics again Coach.

Your boys truly look like they are enjoying themselves. The huge smiles on both of their faces say it all :) You are truly blessed! The one on the boat where they are hugging each other is just too precious. Very very nice :lovestruc

I am now going to have everyone on the look out for the madagascar penguins!! They are my favorite!

Can't wait to see your next installment :)

Now that's a happy family! And the two brothers actually seem to be happy to be with each other! Love the photos on the boat!

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks guys.. the expressions on the boys faces is yet another example of why we go on vacation as much as we do. WE HAVE A GREAT TIME, AND WE ARE HAPPY :)
Thank you for all the kind comments on the boys.. Alisa and I realize how blessed we are to have two wonderful boys to add so much joy and happiness to our lives.
AWESOME!! :thumbsup2
FANTASTIC!! :banana:
TERRIFIC!! :cheer2:

Really great trip report to read. It was full of pictures, details and hair raising :scared1: stories.

Glad you all had a great time and I look forward to reading your next trip report.

BTW, we too just took the plunge and bought a DSLR camera. We went with the Nikon D3000. We bought it mostly to be able to catch those fast moving shots of our kids competing at karate tournaments and our DD's dance competitions.

Thank you so much! I've really enjoyed sharing our latest escape to Orlando with everyone! The final installment is coming up this weekend!!

I get to have an entire week off next week so I am certainly looking forward to practicing with my D 5000! Starting tomorrow morning when my youngest takes part in our Church's egg hunt with over 10,000 eggs!!!!

Have a great Friday everyone TGIF!!!!

my money goes on the ride pass for mommy and mr z for that coaster.

ok, how much did i win? :laughing:

Before I finish this, I just wanna say thanks to everyone who tagged along. It was really fun to do this, and I had a great time looking at all the pics, and telling all the stories again. It really was a fantastic trip, and we really had a great time. So let's finish it...

The day before last, we were about to go to bed, and I asked the boys what they wanted to do the next day. Chase immediately spoke up and said "HR3 again!!!" I said that would be fine, and I asked Zach what he wanted to do.. to my surprise, he said "I want to ride it to, Daddy!" GRATS MAC.. how did you know :thumbsup2

So we got up.. and sure enough, all three of us hopped on HR3. I put my arm on Zach to let him know I was right next to him.. and he was a bit shook up for the first drop.. but after that, he LOVED IT :love: In fact, he loved it so much, he wanted to ride it again right after :eek: So sure enough, there was little to no wait, so here we go again.. well as you may have guessed riding it back to back left me.. errra.. :sick:

But it worked out fine, cause the boys rode it AGAIN and I was able to quickly snap these:

DSC04042_1856.jpg

DSC04043_1857.jpg

Needless to say, my boys are HOOKED on HR3, and are already talking about riding it again for our next trip!

Mommy on the other hand.. ahhh NO.. she never even entertained the idea :laughing: Perhaps next time.. but I doubt it. :rotfl2:

Here are just a few more last pics from the last day.. as you can see, the little one is quite a character.. my wife says he is "little Randy".. that is VERY SCARY :scared1:

DSC04089_1902.jpg

DSC04090_1903.jpg

DSC04082_1895.jpg

DSC04084_1897.jpg

Speaking of Z.. one more quick story.. I told everyone that I was going to go see the Horror and Makeup Show (thanks to many people on the "somthing about nothing thread"). So on the last day, I decided to make a show, and Zach wanted to join me.. so are about to go in with our EP.. when Zach tells me he is scared, and doesn't want to... well right before we walk out, the doors open and he follows me in..

Well let me tell you, he absolutely LOVED THE SHOW just as much as I did! We both laughed, but I think he laughed even more than I did.. the two gentlemen running the show were fantastic.. and Zach and I were able to talk one of them into taking this classic shot:

IMG_0189.jpg

Pretty awesome, eh?

Highly recommend the RPR with club level, and I highly recommend going for at least 4 days if not 5 - 7 now with Harry opening up. Like I said.. even with the few "issues' that we had - Lanyard, battery - the trip was one we will not forget, and we are already planning on a return trip perhaps next summer for a few days.

Until then....

DSC04091_1904.jpg

so long...

Great report! Randy
wonderful pictures and a fun recap of your family adventures...
thank you for letting us travel along with you and your family!
:wave2:
we only have 32 days before we arrive at RPR and US/IOA! :yay:

you need to frame that picture of Mr Z..............

he can take it to skool and show all the kids...........

he'll be famous!

Thanks for finishing it up Randy! (J/K...gotta mess with you)

I knew better than to think that ALisa would get on that ride. I can hear her telling you that yall can go ride, but I'm going to be sitting right here when you are done. LOL! ZAch is such a ham...much like someone else I know. HMMMMM....

Great report and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might do a trip report as well....Just not enough US/IOA reports on here!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and your family have a great Easter! The Easter egg hunt sounds like a blast ! :banana: that's a lot of eggs!:banana:

Great report! Randy
wonderful pictures and a fun recap of your family adventures...
thank you for letting us travel along with you and your family!
:wave2:
we only have 32 days before we arrive at RPR and US/IOA! :yay:
Thanks so much for hanging out! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading YOURS!!!! Have a fantastic time!!!
you need to frame that picture of Mr Z..............

he can take it to skool and show all the kids...........

he'll be famous!

Great idea! He'll be a rock star!!!! ;)

Thanks for finishing it up Randy! (J/K...gotta mess with you)

I knew better than to think that ALisa would get on that ride. I can hear her telling you that yall can go ride, but I'm going to be sitting right here when you are done. LOL! ZAch is such a ham...much like someone else I know. HMMMMM....
Yeah wonder where he gets it from :confused3

Thanks for playing along, Megan.. good call on Alisa, she usually met up with us at the parks.. i.e.. slept in a bit.. or just sat outside HR3. :laughing:
Great report and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might do a trip report as well....Just not enough US/IOA reports on here!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and your family have a great Easter! The Easter egg hunt sounds like a blast ! :banana: that's a lot of eggs!:banana:

Thanks Dis!! I look forward to reading yours!!!

Really really enjoyed reading about your families trip. You guys had such fun and it was a joy to read.

Glad the kids did HR3, I`m so looking forward to it this year as it was not running fully when we were there in August................or the queue was 8 days long!!!!!!

Also we have always missed the Horror and make up show but I`m determined we`re going to catch it this year.

Thanks for taking the time to write and post the pics, it`s always a shame when it comes to an end :goodvibes

What a great vacation re-cap! Thank you for doing this- it's getting me excited for our upcoming vacation!

Loved the final update! Sounds like the trip was awesome. :)

You saw one of the best for the Horror Make-Up Show. He's one of my absolute favorites. He's very funny. I'm glad you were able to see him.

Thank you so much for a great trip report - we are heading to RPR for three days in June....I'm not sure if that is enough time, but I'm hoping so.....Great pictures, great report and a great family.

Thank you!!

Question for you: we are seriously thinking about going to the Blue Man Group show. Do you mind sharing where you were seated? I'm trying to decide which seat category to chose.

We will be going to universal for the 1st time in june for 4 days and staying at the RPH. Really looking forward to it and after reading your report, getting even more excited.

Thanks again for writing up this report. It was entertaining and helpful.

Really really enjoyed reading about your families trip. You guys had such fun and it was a joy to read.

Glad the kids did HR3, I`m so looking forward to it this year as it was not running fully when we were there in August................or the queue was 8 days long!!!!!!

Also we have always missed the Horror and make up show but I`m determined we`re going to catch it this year.

Thanks for taking the time to write and post the pics, it`s always a shame when it comes to an end :goodvibes
Thanks so much for reading along! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a great time putting it together.. so much fun to re-live the vacation via your own pictures! You must do the horror and make up show, it was a total blast!

What a great vacation re-cap! Thank you for doing this- it's getting me excited for our upcoming vacation!
It was my pleasure! Have a great time on your upcoming trip!
Loved the final update! Sounds like the trip was awesome. :)

You saw one of the best for the Horror Make-Up Show. He's one of my absolute favorites. He's very funny. I'm glad you were able to see him.
Yes! He was awesome, my 7 year old talks about it to this day!!!
Thank you so much for a great trip report - we are heading to RPR for three days in June....I'm not sure if that is enough time, but I'm hoping so.....Great pictures, great report and a great family.

Thank you!!
Your are welcomed! I hope you guys have a great time! When you go in June, make sure you check out Rip-Shaw Falls.. one of our favs when it is warm enough!!!

Question for you: we are seriously thinking about going to the Blue Man Group show. Do you mind sharing where you were seated? I'm trying to decide which seat category to chose.

We will be going to universal for the 1st time in june for 4 days and staying at the RPH. Really looking forward to it and after reading your report, getting even more excited.

Thanks again for writing up this report. It was entertaining and helpful.

Don't mind at all, we were seated in the front row just off to the left side of the stage (facing it). They were great seats!!! Although we were in the "splash zone" and had our ponchos on.. we did not need them.. only the people directly in front of the stage got hit.. (it was great fun). Enjoy the show, it was one of the highlights of our trip! :thumbsup2

Great trip report...really enjoyed it and liked all the pics. It's not making the wait till the next trip easy though:rotfl2:

Glad you all had a fun trip...:thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words...It will be here before you know it, Jal!!! Hang in there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter