Coach's Mardi Gras Trip to UF 2010 Updated- #11- Final Update

So life was good.. lanyard was back safe and sound.. I had a full belly from the night before :rotfl2: so the next day it was off to Islands of Adventure.. Lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, and we were going to check out the Blue Man Group Show for the evening..

We headed straight to Seusslanding..

DSC03934_1929.jpg

We did the usuals.. cat in the hat, and then we went on the high in the sky trolley.. and then it was on to Marvel Super Hero Island to meet some Heroes:

DSC03991_1979.jpg

Of course we did Hulk & Spidey.. along with Dr. Doom's Fearfall.. I must admit, I screamed like a little girl when that thing shot me up, it was my first time on it!!!

Then it was time for lunch.. we headed to one of my wife's fav places..
DSC04004_1991.jpg

DSC03994_1982.jpg

DSC03992_1980.jpg

I WAS going to just get a salad... but then I saw a picture of their Volcano Nachos in the menu... Game Over.. I had to conquer them!!!!

I think the picture says it all:

DSC04001_1988.jpg

They were intimidating to see the least.. but I took them on!!!

I have to tell you.. the size was great.. and the taste was good.. but I have to admit.. for nachos they could not beat the flavor of the Nachos at ESPN CLUB... and no in case you were wondering.. I did not finish them... they finished me!!

DSC04002_1989.jpg

But we really enjoyed the place, and I highly recommend it if you go to UF.

Now it was getting late.. and probably the highlight of the trip came next:

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

This show is simply AMAZING :eek: Zach laughed just about the entire time.. and we all LOVED IT.. it was great.. funny and very entertaining.. you simply HAVE to check this show out!!!

Grabbed a quick pic with the Iphone after the show...
IMG_0165.jpg

Up next.. More fun at UF!!!

I was going to ask you if you liked this better than the Macho Nachos at ESPN. I know how much both of us love those.

looks like a fun day...Ashton loved Trolley in the Sky last year I think I climbed those stairs at least ten times...if not more; I would talk him into riding the carousel or cat in the hat in between riding (we were fortuante enough to just walk on after the down pour--so he would ride three times in a row each ride)...
Danny said OMG I want those nachos...so, it looks like Margarietville will be visited by us...or ESPN :rolleyes1

Danny rode Dr Doom once and won't do it again :lmao: this is a guy who rides it ALL!
Great update! Randy

I love Margaritaville! And the volcano nachos cannot be beat, at least for me! It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere... :woohoo:

Maria :upsidedow

looks like a fun day...Ashton loved Trolley in the Sky last year I think I climbed those stairs at least ten times...if not more; I would talk him into riding the carousel or cat in the hat in between riding (we were fortuante enough to just walk on after the down pour--so he would ride three times in a row each ride)...
Danny said OMG I want those nachos...so, it looks like Margarietville will be visited by us...or ESPN :rolleyes1

Danny rode Dr Doom once and won't do it again :lmao: this is a guy who rides it ALL!
Great update! Randy
It was a terrific day!!! Very laid-back.. easy going.. no more stress about the "lanyard incident".. we had a great time!
We love Seussland.. the theming is so cool.. LOL well at least you got your workout in with the trolley stairs :lmao:
Tell Danny they are as good as they look.. but again, I have to get a slight nod to the nachos at ESPN Club for overall flavor.
Yeah.. the kids wanted me to ride it (Dr Doom) again.. I said no thanks :banana: Perhaps I will take it on again when we return..
We really enjoyed BMG.. it was one of the highlights of the trip!!!
I love Margaritaville! And the volcano nachos cannot be beat, at least for me! It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere... :woohoo:

Maria :upsidedow

Yeah.. it is such a "happy" place.. and the service is great.. the theming is very unique and "laidback".. to say the least!!! My wife insists we go there every trip to UF!

Another great update!

We too are doing Margaritaville for dinner and then off to Blue Man Group on our arrival day! We were able to get center front row :goodvibes Hoping that was a good thing and not bad lol

All those pictures people post of those nachos....I don't ever order them when we go out, but I am going to have to when we go down there. I wouldn't kick yourself too much for losing self control when it came to the food...I don't know anyone who could resist such delicious temptations !!!

I have been watching what I eat for the last two months, just so I can gain 10 pounds while we are there...I love to plan :lmao:

Great news about the lanyard:thumbsup2

So excited about BMG...The tickets were so expensive and everytime I read a positive review it makes me feel a little bit better about spending the money
on them :)

Hoping I can get my clan to go through Seuss Landing. It looks like such a cool place. When my kids looked it up on the internet they thought it looked too "kiddie" for them...We will see

Congrats on the camera! Can't wait to see all the awesome pics you take on your next trip report (hint hint)

We only have 26 more days until we leave!!! Woo Hoo !!!:banana::banana::banana:

Quick question ..... That picture of your son with the Blue Man...Is he standing next to a poster or is that an actual Blue Man?? If it is, do they actually come out after the show and interact with the guests? That would be so cool...

Another great update!

We too are doing Margaritaville for dinner and then off to Blue Man Group on our arrival day! We were able to get center front row :goodvibes Hoping that was a good thing and not bad lol

All those pictures people post of those nachos....I don't ever order them when we go out, but I am going to have to when we go down there. I wouldn't kick yourself too much for losing self control when it came to the food...I don't know anyone who could resist such delicious temptations !!!

I have been watching what I eat for the last two months, just so I can gain 10 pounds while we are there...I love to plan :lmao:

Great news about the lanyard:thumbsup2

So excited about BMG...The tickets were so expensive and everytime I read a positive review it makes me feel a little bit better about spending the money
on them :)

Hoping I can get my clan to go through Seuss Landing. It looks like such a cool place. When my kids looked it up on the internet they thought it looked too "kiddie" for them...We will see

Congrats on the camera! Can't wait to see all the awesome pics you take on your next trip report (hint hint)

We only have 26 more days until we leave!!! Woo Hoo !!!:banana::banana::banana:

Quick question ..... That picture of your son with the Blue Man...Is he standing next to a poster or is that an actual Blue Man?? If it is, do they actually come out after the show and interact with the guests? That would be so cool...

That is not a poster.. they come out about 15 - 20 mins after the show into the lobby.. but they stay "in character" they don't smile or express any emotion.. that is why he has the "statue" appearance. It really is a great show.. grats on the great seats.. you might want to wear the rain poncho ;)

Nice to hear of your advanced planning on the eating.. I am trying to do something similar myself.. trying to get really lean for our upcoming May trip so I can eat like I want when I get there..

The camera has become a huge challenge as I want to learn how to take great pictures without the use of the good 'ole "Auto" setting.. it will take some time, but I will work on it..
26 days will go by SO FAST!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=10150158751370570&ref=nf

info for all.... this video is saying that March 25 is when they are announcing the openning of WWoHP.... Cannot wait..... keeping my fingers crossed.:cool1:
Yaaaahooo.. my oldest will be SO excited!!!! I'm quite sure we will be trying it out next summer for a day or so.. looks like a return to club level again as well!
I've seen those nachos but would never ever finish them all ... I always go for the cheeseburger in paradise :goodvibes

Oh yeah.. Chase (oldest) Loved the Cheeseburger in Paradise!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=10150158751370570&ref=nf

info for all.... this video is saying that March 25 is when they are announcing the openning of WWoHP.... Cannot wait..... keeping my fingers crossed.:cool1:

Yaaaahooo.. my oldest will be SO excited!!!! I'm quite sure we will be trying it out next summer for a day or so.. looks like a return to club level again as well!

Oh yeah.. Chase (oldest) Loved the Cheeseburger in Paradise!
:goodvibes I am so hoping that it will be open when we go!!! :yay:
this just adds to the feeling that it will be!!!
first when I booked our room w/RPR the CM explained how the express passes were unlimited every where but the Harry Potter section and now this news...keeping our fingers crossed!!!:goodvibes

Just read the whole thing. All caught up and waiting for more. Hopefully taking the kids to experience the whole HP thing.popcorn::

Just read the whole thing. All caught up and waiting for more. Hopefully taking the kids to experience the whole HP thing.popcorn::

Hey Burly thanks for joining us!

New update coming Soon!!! Hope you all had a great weekend..

For the last two updates I'll just kind of wrap it up.. the great thing about staying at Universal Florida, is everything is so laid back.. especially with the on site FOTL pass :love: So the last few days were spent just enjoying the parks at our leisure.. coming and going as we liked..

Another story of note was when I fulfulled a promise to the boys that I would give the Simpsons a try. You see when this ride was called "Back to the Future" (which was basically the same ride- a simulator-) I attempted it with my wife way before we had any children.. which is when I discovered that I had a condition know as MOTION SICKNESS :sick: I got SO SICK on that ride.. my wife said halfway through it I actually TURNED A SHADE OF GREEN :lmao:

So needless to say.. I have not even thought about riding it or the Simpsons ever since... but one of the last days there I gave it a shot..

For the last two updates I'll just kind of wrap it up.. the great thing about staying at Universal Florida, is everything is so laid back.. especially with the on site FOTL pass :love: So the last few days were spent just enjoying the parks at our leisure.. coming and going as we liked..

Another story of note was when I fulfulled a promise to the boys that I would give the Simpsons a try. You see when this ride was called "Back to the Future" (which was basically the same ride- a simulator-) I attempted it with my wife way before we had any children.. which is when I discovered that I had a condition know as MOTION SICKNESS :sick: I got SO SICK on that ride.. my wife said halfway through it I actually TURNED A SHADE OF GREEN :lmao:

So needless to say.. I have not even thought about riding it or the Simpsons ever since... but one of the last days there I gave it a shot..

IMG_0168.jpg

DSC04015_2001.jpg

DSC04017_2003.jpg

DSC04019_2005.jpg

The game plan was.. I would simply close my eyes :headache: whenever a really bad part happened.. so long ride short.. I saw about 1 min and a half of the Simpson's Ride :rotfl2: and I STILL got sick for a little while after.. but I survived..

Here are just a few random pics from the last few days in no particular order:
IMG_0155.jpg

DSC03893_2064.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

DSC04054_1867-1.jpg

DSC04065_1878.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

DSC04071_1884.jpg

and finally.. the Hard Rock Cafe:
IMG_0181.jpg

I cannot tell you how much fun we had this entire trip.. but especially these last few days.. the "Lanyard Issue" was behind us.. and we just rode any rides we wanted, and spent a bunch of great, quality time together :hug:

Feel free to fire away any questions at all about anything..

Coming in the final update:

The answer to the burning question- Did Zach and Mommy take on HR3???

Sounded like A great time had by all.:thumbsup2

Can't wate to the next installment.

How did I know what the reaction would be to a motion simulator for you? I'm glad to hear yall were able to just have a nice time with each other.

sounds like an awesome time! great pics...when we went back in May we only seen the Cat in the Hat but his line was so long...I hope we get to see a few characters this go round like you guys; Ashton would love seeing the Madagascar (sp) crew. Thanks for sharing can't wait to hear the about the HR3

How did I know what the reaction would be to a motion simulator for you? I'm glad to hear yall were able to just have a nice time with each other.

I would pay serious money to get your hubby on the Simpsons and have him to keep his eyes open for the entire ride :rotfl2:
We really did have a great time..
sounds like an awesome time! great pics...when we went back in May we only seen the Cat in the Hat but his line was so long...I hope we get to see a few characters this go round like you guys; Ashton would love seeing the Madagascar (sp) crew. Thanks for sharing can't wait to hear the about the HR3

We were very fortunate to get a bunch of great pictures with many of the characters.. many times there were little to no wait times as well.. The boys really enjoyed it..

HR3.. wow.. what a ride!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter