Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

We just spoke with DCL a few minutes ago and asked this exact question. No, you cannot book multiple cruises with the credit. You can only apply it to one booking and the balance will be converted to an OBC. Anything leftover will be lost.

So, if you don't spend the OBC amount while on the ship you lose the rest? In other words you don't want to score a GREAT deal unless you plan spend a couple thousand on board?

Now it really begins...

All - be sure to read your insurance policies. I have read multiple times on these boards that "pandemics" are excluded. I reviewed two policies for upcoming trips, and pandemics were not excluded from either of my policies. So don't take it at face value that they will contain that exclusion.

According to USA Today via an unnamed source, the cruise industry has proposed barring passengers over 70 from boarding a ship unless they have a note from a Dr. They also are proposing banning anyone with a chronic illness.
Here is the article

Interesting. But, IMO, essentially useless lip service the cruise lines are proposing in a desperate attempt to appease the various government entities that want to cease cruise ship operations for the time being.

I seriously doubt you’ll find a physician to write a letter testifying to the fitness of a 70+ year old person to take a cruise when the State Department and CDC are saying “Avoid cruising” to this same demographic. Who is going to risk that kind of liability? A physician might think the person is fit to cruise, but they aren’t going to put it in writing and have an official trail of bad advice for Granny’s heirs to use in the malpractice lawsuit.

But that doesn’t matter because people without pre-existing conditions and those under 70 can still get coronavirus and still spread it all over port cities....

Thank You for checking about the left over Cruise balance - I was wondering about that as I can't find a cruise that is close to what I have in now or it is so much MORE!!! I thought that might be the case - since once they have your money they Keep it.
I just feel this is a no win situation no matter what. So limited on what you can do - It does not matter that you booked on opening day to get the best price and choice of cabin - Now your just screwed with prices and cabins if your past the PIF date - all of this is out of my hands - but I am expected to either Travel and risk a two week extended stay and maybe lose my job or move it and lose money all the way around - both come with their own problems. Travel Ins. is proving to be a waste. I understand Vacations are a luxury - that is not the issue here - the issue here is the money committed to the vacation for Airfare / Hotels / Cruises / Etc = most non-refundable - regardless of a virus - I may be able to move one thing and not the others - any way I slice this - I have problems and I am losing money - That is assuming I could save some portion of this vacation and go - and I just don't know - and by the time I do know - well I may not be able to do anything any more than I can now - or this may be better - or it may be worse - darn to heck my Magic 8 ball is not working!!! I am trying to remain positive - but each day this week it is getting harder and harder. Disney is Not to Blame - I am Not to Blame - but I feel we both need to work together for the common good - Disney stands to lose customers they may never get back -they might want to think about that - No One is That big of a Company that they Do Not need to worry about such things. I just wish things were a bit clearer and more defined so logical decisions could be made - it just seems like so much chaos being thrown out right now with one Govt. Dept saying one thing and another saying something else - it is becoming overwhelming. Maybe it is just me. I am going to continue to try and remain positive and I truly wish everyone the BEST of Luck with whatever their plans and decisions are!!!

has anyone checked insurance with Disney's insurance for medical now that it is a world pandemic? Scary...scary to travel and be stuck somehwere and become bankrupt.

has anyone checked insurance with Disney's insurance for medical now that it is a world pandemic? Scary...scary to travel and be stuck somehwere and become bankrupt.
Hi, my cruise is 6/1 for Alaska. So, obviously with no word out on these cruises yet - everything is specualtion. I did check with AON who Disney used for my travel insurance. I have Asthma and do not want to take any chances. They said that - as an example - I put in a claim today - they would look at the 60 days - I think they said from my end payment (Jan) and see if I had any exacerbations with my Asthma. In my case, I did not - so they would not cover me for that reason. I have Air Canada tickets which Disney booked so I have no clue as to if they are going to follow suit like other airlines. The tickets are non-refundable. I have no clue as to where we stand as far as what money we get back. I am just lost on this whole thing.

AIR CAnada just changed their policy today.
The airline industry has always been a fast‑changing one and these times are no different. It’s important that we be nimble and respond quickly and effectively to developments around the world while maintaining our commitment to serving you safely and reliably.

Like all of you, we’ve been monitoring the evolving global impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) and are in constant dialogue with Canadian and international health authorities. At Air Canada our core value is Safety First, Always ‑ for our customers and for our employees. So I’d like to share what we have been doing in our operation to uphold that commitment.​
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
At the airport: To promote a more hygienic airport experience, we have placed hand sanitizers in key areas such as check‑in counters, gates and lounges. We also have constant reminders about the importance of hand washing.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Before a flight: If a customer who appears unwell attempts to check‑in or board an aircraft, our agents will make inquiries of the customer in regard to their health. This can include consultation with our own Medical Desk and/or a third‑party health provider. If they are unfit to travel, they will not be permitted to board.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
In the air: Our aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters which effectively capture 99.9% of particulate from recirculated air in the aircraft cabin. This includes microbial organisms such as bacteria and viruses. These filters are similar to those used in hospital rooms and like those in hospital rooms, they refresh the cabin air every 2 to 3 minutes.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
After every flight: Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and sanitization. Air Canada uses cleaning products, including hospital‑grade disinfectants which have a wide-spectrum microbial activity and are proven effective against human coronavirus.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Read more about Air Canada’s preventive measures.
spacer.gif
In response to market demand and extensive quarantine decisions, we’ve temporarily suspended or reduced service to more impacted areas such as the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Italy. We will continue to adapt our schedule and route network as developments unfold.

For those of you with upcoming travel, today we announced a flexible re‑booking policy for existing bookings by allowing a free one‑time change. We also want to give you more freedom to travel and book with confidence, which is why we’re waiving change fees on new bookings as well. Please see full details at www.aircanada.com.

Your patience and understanding as we evolve our business to serve you is greatly appreciated. We’re focused on the future and we’re going to keep working hard to earn your loyalty.

We look forward to seeing you onboard soon,
spacer.gif

AIR CAnada just changed their policy today.
The airline industry has always been a fast‑changing one and these times are no different. It’s important that we be nimble and respond quickly and effectively to developments around the world while maintaining our commitment to serving you safely and reliably.

Like all of you, we’ve been monitoring the evolving global impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) and are in constant dialogue with Canadian and international health authorities. At Air Canada our core value is Safety First, Always ‑ for our customers and for our employees. So I’d like to share what we have been doing in our operation to uphold that commitment.​
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
At the airport: To promote a more hygienic airport experience, we have placed hand sanitizers in key areas such as check‑in counters, gates and lounges. We also have constant reminders about the importance of hand washing.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Before a flight: If a customer who appears unwell attempts to check‑in or board an aircraft, our agents will make inquiries of the customer in regard to their health. This can include consultation with our own Medical Desk and/or a third‑party health provider. If they are unfit to travel, they will not be permitted to board.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
In the air: Our aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters which effectively capture 99.9% of particulate from recirculated air in the aircraft cabin. This includes microbial organisms such as bacteria and viruses. These filters are similar to those used in hospital rooms and like those in hospital rooms, they refresh the cabin air every 2 to 3 minutes.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
After every flight: Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and sanitization. Air Canada uses cleaning products, including hospital‑grade disinfectants which have a wide-spectrum microbial activity and are proven effective against human coronavirus.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Read more about Air Canada’s preventive measures.
spacer.gif
In response to market demand and extensive quarantine decisions, we’ve temporarily suspended or reduced service to more impacted areas such as the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Italy. We will continue to adapt our schedule and route network as developments unfold.

For those of you with upcoming travel, today we announced a flexible re‑booking policy for existing bookings by allowing a free one‑time change. We also want to give you more freedom to travel and book with confidence, which is why we’re waiving change fees on new bookings as well. Please see full details at www.aircanada.com.

Your patience and understanding as we evolve our business to serve you is greatly appreciated. We’re focused on the future and we’re going to keep working hard to earn your loyalty.

We look forward to seeing you onboard soon,
spacer.gif
Thanks for the update. For us, the issue is we cannot go at another time. This was a grad presents for our kids graduating grad school. They will both be entering residencies and have no clue where they will end up or what times they will have off. I hope something changes by then.

All - be sure to read your insurance policies. I have read multiple times on these boards that "pandemics" are excluded. I reviewed two policies for upcoming trips, and pandemics were not excluded from either of my policies. So don't take it at face value that they will contain that exclusion.

Same. My polices don’t say anything like this either.

In my case we have 2 rooms booked, as my wife and I are Gold members and children are Silver we booked rooms in each of our names so we all got Gold privileges.

Our children might not to join us if rebook.

Anyone know if you would be able to change secondary passenger name so my wife and I took 2 cruises?

Mine only specifically says epidemics are not covered. Anyone know if they are treated differently for insurance purposes?

I have insurance with Allianz and thy list epidemic as an exclusion. I spoke to them several times to see if I would get a different answer from a different person. They all told me they would not cover ANYTHING that has to do with coronavirus. So if I get sick with coronavirus before leaving, they will not cover the loss of the trip. If I get sick with coronavirus during the trip, they will not cover any of the medical that I will require because of it. If I get quarantined because someone else gets coronavirus, they will not cover trip interruption or my new flights, etc. So basically useless.

I have insurance with Allianz and thy list epidemic as an exclusion. I spoke to them several times to see if I would get a different answer from a different person.
Makes me feel like we should get the flu or a cold before the cruise, then. I have Allianz, too. If only I didn't get a flu shot...... (somewhat kidding)....

My husband's doctor thinks my husband has a torn meniscus. If the MRI shows that, it just happened a couple weeks ago. If he can get the surgery right away, we'll probably file a claim. I am still hoping that DIsney will just cancel my cruise and give me a refund. When we booked this a year ago, we thought things like epidemics and pandemics weren't close to a possibility. I guess we'll never make that mistake again and only purchase cancel for any reason policies.

Makes me feel like we should get the flu or a cold before the cruise, then. I have Allianz, too. If only I didn't get a flu shot...... (somewhat kidding)....

My husband's doctor thinks my husband has a torn meniscus. If the MRI shows that, it just happened a couple weeks ago. If he can get the surgery right away, we'll probably file a claim. I am still hoping that DIsney will just cancel my cruise and give me a refund. When we booked this a year ago, we thought things like epidemics and pandemics weren't close to a possibility. I guess we'll never make that mistake again and only purchase cancel for any reason policies.

Haha, no kidding! I myself have thought “well, maybe a broken arm won’t be too bad...” 😜

If I were in your shoes, definitely try to get that surgery before then insurance would have to kick in! I have 2 weeks before I go from losing my deposit to losing 50%. Just waiting it out for now to see if anything changes with the government/Disney/luck and then will cancel. Sucks so much to lose my deposit (and the flight)! 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter