• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cosi Bella's PJ: WP/YC/UK Lower. **YAY Engagement Party Recap 8-30-08**

12.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg
Your sister did a good job ! the hair looks great. Who is doing it for you on your wedding day? will it be the same style?

someone in the 'family" is getting married next June.... WHAT!?! Our wedding is MAY!!!

This just bugs me b/c its too close! And this may sound really shallow of me, and believe me I'm REALLY not the type of person to want attention all to myself, but now we're going to have to share the spot light with them!

Try not to let it bother you, as others have said, this is your day and thats all that matters, that said however, I would be ready to freak big time !!!

Then holy sh*t I friggen click on the email and the pics pop up!

Now I'm worried about the supstition that he can't see me in my dress before the wedding... :( :( :( This is terrible.

I know a lot of you girls have seen each other before your wedding, so this isn't the end of hte world, right!??!

OMG you are having a time of it arn't you !!! Don't worry men rarely pay that much attention, he probably won't even give it a second thought !

I was asking lee if he had been thinking about the wedding recently and he said, "yeh - I'm really looking forward to staying in such a nice villa" :eek:
I could have thumped him :headache:

And in six months we have our ps!!!

Whens your planning session? ours is in Nov

Linz xxx :)

Love the centerpiece! Asparagus sound cool cant wait to see a picture! And I like the pink and yellow theme! :hug:Sorry about the fall out with your friend-maybe things will work out:confused3 Hope so!

I feet the same way as you. I have been planning as much as I can in the last 3 months that I am at the point I can't do anymore until my 12 month mark. : ( At least you have your engagement party! :thumbsup2

Those centerpieces for your engagement party are so pretty or at least they sound so pretty!! I can't wait for you to post pics.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. My DF is in a similar situtaion but unfortunately it's his brother not just a friend. I am hoping they can resolve it before the wedding but if not he has a backup. I guess that doesn't help you though. Just wait a little while and you will figure out what you want to do! :hug:

Your ceterpieces are going to look! I might steal that photo to show my WP. I'm sorry you had one of your friends stepped down but I'm glad all the drama she was causing is out of your life. I know you struggled with what to do about her for a while.

Hi! Just reading your entire PJ this morning. I had to comment on your DF seeing your dress picture. I have a funny story about my DH and my dress. I asked DH about 1 month before the wedding what he thought my dress looked like. He said, "strapless with a big poofy skirt even though I told you not to get a poofy skirt." Then he continued on, "No, acutally I think it's a halter."

Ok, How many guys even KNOW what a halter is?? My dress was exactly a halter with a full skirt and no train. I still think he somehow saw my dress! He just grins and says he knows me SOOO well.

So my advice to you is even though your DF saw a thumnail pix of your dress he probably has an image of you in his mind already and when he sees you in person it won't even compare to that teeny tiny picture!

GL planning!

Hi Michelle !!

Looking forward to seeing your centerpiece you made.

Come on girl - a film camera !!!!! They are soooooooooooo last season :rotfl:

Talking of film cameras, we have an old film camera but its a really really good camera with a huge lense and so takes great pics. We have recently moved house and when unpacking we found this old camera and it still had a film in it. Lee proceeded round the house taking silly pics of us all, Our son Connor noticed him taking a picture and not knowing what a non-digital camera is said "Dad let me see the picture"

Made me feel really old !!!

Sorry to hear about your BM, it obviously wasn't meant to be. I was meant to have 4 bridesmaids and now I'm down to 2 Bridesmaids.

Hi Michelle! I just caught up with your PJ and everything looks wonderful so far! Your dress is GORGEOUS! And you did a great job on the STD's. That is awful that your DF saw the pics after you tried so hard to hide them! :eek: But like others have said, I am sure even if he really saw it he will not remember it and its nowhere near the same as seeing it in person! :) I'm looking forward to reading more!

Hi Michelle! I just caught up with your PJ and everything looks wonderful so far! Your dress is GORGEOUS! And you did a great job on the STD's. That is awful that your DF saw the pics after you tried so hard to hide them! :eek: But like others have said, I am sure even if he really saw it he will not remember it and its nowhere near the same as seeing it in person! :) I'm looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading!! :cutie: As soon as I hit my 8 month mark, I can really start to plan out more stuff... its been so slooooooooooow lately, there is nothing much more I can do!

You might try talking with the folks at your local Sam's club to see if they could get the specific colors you want. At our Costco the flower vendor has their number posted so you can order from them. Hope it works out -- everything's beautiful!!

Hi! Great PJ! I was wondering where at the yacht club you are having your reception? DF and I really like the Living Seas but are still doing our research. Do you happen to have any pics by chance?

in regards to your flowers, I'd say if you can't your specific colors then I'd go with the solid hot pink! At least that way you know they will match and you will have enough of them!

You might try talking with the folks at your local Sam's club to see if they could get the specific colors you want. At our Costco the flower vendor has their number posted so you can order from them. Hope it works out -- everything's beautiful!!

That is a great idea, thanks!!

Hi! Great PJ! I was wondering where at the yacht club you are having your reception? DF and I really like the Living Seas but are still doing our research. Do you happen to have any pics by chance?

in regards to your flowers, I'd say if you can't your specific colors then I'd go with the solid hot pink! At least that way you know they will match and you will have enough of them!

We're having it in one of the ballrooms (yea, we're pretty traditional and boring! lol). I dont have any pictures, unfortunately. Sorry!! The livings seas is beautiful though! If you dont mind not really having a dance floor, and DJ type dancing, that is a great place for a reception! I choose the ballroom because I want a DJ and dance floor. :cutie:

My sister and I have been fiercely making big pom-poms like these:

msw_spring06_pompom_l.jpg

in varying combos of pink white and yellow. They will be hung alllllll over the house and outside as the decorations. We need to make about a hundred more! Not kidding. :headache:

They are too cute, might pinch the idea for our welcome party :rotfl: how do you make them?

In addition to this, we bought little paper lantern string lights to put up outside on the railings of the deck.

Oooh - might pinch that idea too :rotfl2:

I'm also trying to get a ton of music together to throw on DFs iPod for the party. I want an eclectic mix of good tunes to play throughout the party... but there wont be any dancing... so it will just be background music.

There goes another idea :lmao:

They only had a vibrant yellow ick:
image-of-yellow-roses.jpg

I think those would be quite nice :confused3

Ok, I think everyone should vote!

Go hot pink all the way, or go multipack and get some hot pink tipped roses, but also have to use some red and orange roses?

Hot pink or die I say !!!!:rotfl:

They are too cute, might pinch the idea for our welcome party :rotfl: how do you make them?

Hot pink or die I say !!!!:rotfl:

You are too funny Linz!!

To make the big poofs you need tissue paper that is approximately 20 inches x 30 inches (or 50.8 cm x 76.2 cm). I used three colors: pink yellow and white

So you take like 8-12 sheets of paper and stack them up ( I like to use about 10/12 sheets becasue it makes a fuller pom pom). Take the stack of tissue paper by one end and start folding it accordion style like this:

msw_spring06_pompom_ht_1_m.jpg

you keep folding the paper like that until you reach the end and have a nice fan like shape. Then tie a string around the center. I used Hot pink ribbon. To make the pom pom look pretty, you should also cut each end to make it round like this:
msw_spring06_pompom_ht_2_m.jpg

then separate the layers by pulling each sheet of tissue up carefully like so:
msw_spring06_pompom_ht_3_m.jpg

After I've pulled apart each piece of tissue paper I "fluff" the pom pom to make it a more uniform ball.

Let me know if you get stuck with anything, but they are really easy to make!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter