• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cosi Bella's PJ: WP/YC/UK Lower. **YAY Engagement Party Recap 8-30-08**

Wow that looks easy although time consuming. Next party I have here I am gonna make 20 or 30. so much prettier then balloons. Thank you for sharing this idea. I get most of my tissue paper from the dollar store -- comes in packs of 20 per pack. Is that tissue paper strong enough to use? It shows the ends were cut rounded, but end product the pom looks like points on ends? Maybe I need better glasses --- I suppose either would work fine.

Happy Crafting

Patty

You are too funny Linz!!

To make the big poofs you need tissue paper that is approximately 20 inches x 30 inches (or 50.8 cm x 76.2 cm). I used three colors: pink yellow and white

So you take like 8-12 sheets of paper and stack them up ( I like to use about 10/12 sheets becasue it makes a fuller pom pom). Take the stack of tissue paper by one end and start folding it accordion style like this:

msw_spring06_pompom_ht_1_m.jpg

you keep folding the paper like that until you reach the end and have a nice fan like shape. Then tie a string around the center. I used Hot pink ribbon. To make the pom pom look pretty, you should also cut each end to make it round like this:
msw_spring06_pompom_ht_2_m.jpg

then separate the layers by pulling each sheet of tissue up carefully like so:
msw_spring06_pompom_ht_3_m.jpg

After I've pulled apart each piece of tissue paper I "fluff" the pom pom to make it a more uniform ball.

Let me know if you get stuck with anything, but they are really easy to make!!

FINALLY! We can do our room block! I have been waiting and waiting for something, anything to do for this wedding as I seem to be at a stand still for the next few weeks until we reach the golden 8 month mark!

Yesterday Heidi emailed me with the room block info!!! :banana: WOO HOO! I can actually do something for this wedding! I feel like I've been planning a prewedding with this engagement party, so its nice to take a break from that stuff to do actual wedding stuff!

The form for this room block was kind of confusing at first, but I think we got it figured out. We have to guarantee 50 room nights for the wedding, so we get 60 room nights to block off, but I'm thinking we might need to up that.

Between my family (parents, brothers and sister and assorted sig. others) and DF's family we're over 50 room nights just for us. And since we're all pretty much staying at the Grand, I need to block off a few rooms at the other hotels too for the rest of the guests.

I think we're picking the POFQ, and The allstar movies as the other two.... although sis says the pop is nice.. but I dont see it on the list... Is that one not available for room blocks? I'm going to have to email Heidi and ask her a few questions about this...

Up next... engagement party plans... lost of stuff to decide on!

Wow your so lucky!!! I'm nealry exactly 9 months out and I've heard nothing, I asked when they'd need info for my room block and they said september!
It's so frustrating!!!! I am desperate to do something for the wedding, I can't wait until the 8 month mark!!!

I *love* those pom poms by the way, I think maybe I'll have ti get some for the whitehall patio. Although can you but them anywhere, because I am creatively challenged and I don't want to ruin my wedding by making something myself! :rotfl:

Wow that looks easy although time consuming. Next party I have here I am gonna make 20 or 30. so much prettier then balloons. Thank you for sharing this idea. I get most of my tissue paper from the dollar store -- comes in packs of 20 per pack. Is that tissue paper strong enough to use? It shows the ends were cut rounded, but end product the pom looks like points on ends? Maybe I need better glasses --- I suppose either would work fine.

Happy Crafting

Patty

Patty, I bought my tissue paper from Christmas Tree Shop, which is basically like a giant dollar store! I love that place! I got packs of like 20 or 30 sheets for a dollar too, and that thickness was perfect! They are so easy to make and look great! I acutally have been doing both rounded and pointed tips, and I like the variation. Have fun making them!

Wow your so lucky!!! I'm nealry exactly 9 months out and I've heard nothing, I asked when they'd need info for my room block and they said september!
It's so frustrating!!!! I am desperate to do something for the wedding, I can't wait until the 8 month mark!!!

I *love* those pom poms by the way, I think maybe I'll have ti get some for the whitehall patio. Although can you but them anywhere, because I am creatively challenged and I don't want to ruin my wedding by making something myself! :rotfl:

I'm nearly exactly at 9 months too!! We're pretty close with our wedding dates! I recently got an email from my cooridnator about room blocks, save the date form, and all that good stuff. My 8 month mark is coming up at the end of september, and as soon as that rolls around we can sign our contract and send out our save the dates!! So you should prob be hearing your coordinator soon if you haven't already! :)

The pom poms are fantastic, and I think they decorate well for any occasion! Check out Martha Stewart's website, (yes, I got the idea from her... I hate her but darn she has some great ideas!), and look at her wedding related projects, youll get a lot of inspiration from that! ;)

good god Michelle everything looked fantastic !!!! even the "p**s yellow" roses lol :rotfl:

the poms turned out great ! and the centerpieces look really professional - you should get yourself an extra part time job ;)

Your house is really nice and looks big ! Bet your Aunts were impressed !
I wish houses wern't so expensive over here, we just paid a shedload of money for a new house here and it don't look as big as yours !

Who does the beach house belong too? or did you hire it? It looks beautiful :lovestruc

Linz xxx :)

p.s. hurry up - I've been waiting since yesterday for the follow up to this...................... hehe ;)

Michelle OMG!!!!! Beautiful decorations!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE those roses!

good god Michelle everything looked fantastic !!!! even the "p**s yellow" roses lol :rotfl:

the poms turned out great ! and the centerpieces look really professional - you should get yourself an extra part time job ;)

Your house is really nice and looks big ! Bet your Aunts were impressed !
I wish houses wern't so expensive over here, we just paid a shedload of money for a new house here and it don't look as big as yours !

Who does the beach house belong too? or did you hire it? It looks beautiful :lovestruc

Linz xxx :)

p.s. hurry up - I've been waiting since yesterday for the follow up to this...................... hehe ;)

lol Thanks Linz!!! :cutie: you're such a sweetie. I was pretty pleased with the center pieces although they were different from the orginal one I made. But everyone complimented us on them, so I'm happy about that!

The beach house belongs to Greg's Parents. I love going there! Its a great size house and perfect for parties like this. I really can't believe how beautiful and peaceful it is over there!!! I am so thankful to have a great place to host parties and just go to have a good time :)

I'll be posting more very shortly!! :flower3:

Michelle OMG!!!!! Beautiful decorations!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE those roses!

Thanks LYNN!! I LOVE hot pink, its the best color!! :upsidedow

Love the pom poms!! I can't believe you made those!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter