Covid Creativity

So finally used my new sewing machine Stitch for something other than masks.
My cousins daughter (guess my 2nd cousin or whatever) is expecting and they are throwing her a baby shower tomorrow so today I made some burpie cloths. I also finished a baby blanket that I started over 8 years ago. We don't know if it is a girl or a boy so I made lots of colours and they are different patterns on the other side.
20211113_203621 burpie cloths.jpg

This is the baby blanket / quilt that I made. Today I just sewed random patterns on it to ensure that the 2 sides stayed together.
20211113_211808 quilt.jpg

So finally used my new sewing machine Stitch for something other than masks.
My cousins daughter (guess my 2nd cousin or whatever) is expecting and they are throwing her a baby shower tomorrow so today I made some burpie cloths. I also finished a baby blanket that I started over 8 years ago. We don't know if it is a girl or a boy so I made lots of colours and they are different patterns on the other side.
View attachment 622561

This is the baby blanket / quilt that I made. Today I just sewed random patterns on it to ensure that the 2 sides stayed together.
View attachment 622565

Love them. I never thought of making burpy cloths. Do you put a layer of quilt batting inside (for absorption) and then quilt them? I'm going to have to put that idea in my stash for future reference. Did you use straight cotton or a flannelette?

Love them. I never thought of making burpy cloths. Do you put a layer of quilt batting inside (for absorption) and then quilt them? I'm going to have to put that idea in my stash for future reference. Did you use straight cotton or a flannelette?
Thanks - I haven't had to make them in years so it was fun making them again.
I just use flannelette for both sides with nothing in between them. I didn't even quilt them. Wrong sides together, turn right side out, then I sewed a top stitch around the outside which also closed the opening. I have seen patterns where people have used terry on one side (maybe old towels), and flannel on the other side. Whatever you do don't use plain cotton as it won't absorb and will create a mess (or that is what the people said on the internet).

I like the towel/flannelette combination. Thanks. Sometimes our local fabric store has terry towel fabric which would work perfectly. I'll keep and eye out for it and pick it up next time it's in stock.

F7F4C9A4-2297-471D-A897-BB463D23F8F0.jpeg

got the yarn for my nephews’ sweaters in. The eldest will have his sweater in British racing green (darkest, far right) with the design in the other four. The youngest will have his in Pistachio green (lightest far left) with the design in the four darker colours. I’m excited but have a bunch of knitting to get through before I start these.

Can't wait to see how they turn out. I hope they aren't for Christmas if you have other knitting projects ahead of them.

So I bought some really cute badminton material from an Etsy store hoping to make myself some masks but when the material came the pattern was way too big for masks so yesterday I sewed up a couple of hot pads for my badminton friends. And yes I staged the picture on my badminton racquet for the effect. I still have to make another one for one of the ladies who was missing today but I have until January to make here one as we don't start up again until then.
badminton hot pads.jpg

I finally gave my two weeks notice for my second job with TJX. I am hoping to have more time now to be able to do a few more things for myself and let my creative juices flow. It is time to refill my personal bucket. It's running on fumes. I am looking forward to being able to do some things for me again!

All done. Just need them to dry - easy enough in YYC.
Those are amazing!!!!!

Learning to knit is on my bucket list to do one day!!!!! Hopefully one day when life slows down a little I can become half as good as you and others I see who produce beautiful pieces. Those are amazing!!!!!

Those are amazing!!!!!

Learning to knit is on my bucket list to do one day!!!!! Hopefully one day when life slows down a little I can become half as good as you and others I see who produce beautiful pieces. Those are amazing!!!!!

thanks so much! It’s really pretty easy I swear!

Reviving a bit of a zombie thread, still poking away at things to keep myself busy while doing my best to stay both sane and healthy! I'm currently finishing up a wall hanging for our daughter-in-law before she gives birth. Quilting is done, now I just need to figure out how to bind it and add hangers.
For others who have actual experience and do much better work than this - should I be ironing this before I finish the edges or just leave it? Should I bind it or do a facing? I'm looking for easy here!

Screenshot_20220614-143243_Gallery.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter