Covid Creativity

This was the be the last few days of the stupid tent for Guelph's Len's Mill store and they were having a 20% off everything sale but then the rain started .... So they've closed the tent and have put up a coupon that's good at ALL of the stores for 15% off fabric and notions. Not sure if it will stack on top of the other current flyer offers but I thought I'd share in case anyone wants to take advantage. We'll be doing a Saturday run!

Len's Coupon for 15% off Fabric & Notions Valid Sept 22nd - 25th

Here's a screen shot of the coupon if you'd rather -- either print or show on your phone

12BAA580-4C1E-47A6-AA79-C2CE462DBC20.jpeg
I have always wanted to knit a sweater with a circular yoke so I could take one of these cool photos. Well a local dyer was looking for a rush sample knitter and I volunteered. It’s a kids size 6 and I have to give it back when it’s knit but she’s letting me keep the pattern and giving me a credit for an amount equivalent to the yarn used in her shop. I can’t wait!

I went to the Dollarama store in Ajax today and lookie what I found? Mickey Tea Towels. Pair of 2 for $4.00 so I bought 2 different Mickey ones. They also had Minnie ones as well but I didn't buy any of those. I think they had 2 different kinds of those as well.
I am going to see if my sister can make them into stove towels. You know the ones where you cut the towel in half then crochet a top for them and then you hang them on your stove handle.
If we do make the stove towels I will share then but here is a picture of the tea towels.
micky tee towel dollarama 20210929_155807.jpg

I ran over to Dollarama after my walk this evening and picked up a couple of sets as well. Got the same large Mickey as you and a Minnie Mouse as well. Thanks for the shoppin tip.

I finally have something to put in here ! My husbands friend has a wood shop and he goes to visit him there sometimes. He has been going often lately and it turns out he was making me something ! I’m so impressed ! I have zero idea where I will put it but I love it:laughing: View attachment 608677
Oh and we are going to work on painting it together as a fun project !

FINALLY finished the bag for my Dumbo-loving friend! I'm not happy with a few things, mainly the lining and how hard it was to get attached to the bag itself, if I make another one I'll figure out how to do it WITHOUT hand-sewing!!!!!
View attachment 592660

View attachment 592661

Decided to make some key fobs simply because I don't have enough projects on the go :P
View attachment 592662

Here's the completed set of my matchy-match, smile inducing items that are for ME :D

View attachment 592663

The Dumbo Bag is gorgeous! What a fantastic job!

I never heard of Len's Mill Stores before. I just googled every location and I have to go through Toronto to get to any of them. I wish we had one east of Toronto.

In the end I knit it in about 5-6 full days of knitting. Boy were my hands sore but the dyer was very pleased with the sample. Debating making matching sweaters for my nephews for the youngest’s second birthday in February.
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Knitting is one thing on my bucket list I want to learn to do. One winter I hope to find someone to help teach me. I know there are lots of youtube videos I could watch...but learning from someone is way more fun!!!

I received an email from a crocheting newletter the other day and decided to give crocheting another go. Up until now my crocheting experience has been limited to granny squares. There was a pattern for a simple slouch hat that I decided to give a try.

1st attempt, used yarn I had at home. Yarn was correct type but a tad too thick so the hat was stiff. I thought it was my tension at first so I ripped it out and started over. 2nd attempt a bit better but still too stiff for what I wanted.

Off I go to Michaels to get some new yarn. 3rd attempt much better results. Everyone is now going to get one of these hats this Christmas. The pattern is easy to remember so one can watch tv and crochet at the same time.

The online pattern linked to a YouTube video which helped me get through a few new (to me) techniques.

If you think you might like to give crocheting a try I can PM you the link to the site. There's lots of different things to crochet.

the nights are getting chilly and I realized that I tossed my favourite flannel nightie (actually became rags, I don't just toss stuff like that!) So time to turn the fabric I bought mid July into a new one and Mocha thought she'd help 🤣

20211020_151845.jpg

told her to move so she did 🤦‍♀️
Screenshot_20211023-104851_Gallery.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter