"crabby" employees better than stupid or lazy

I'm not going to say that I don't believe the OP, because I know the one time I checked into the BWV, Sasquatch was laying on the bed, coincidental drinking a beer, smoking (but it was actually a pipe) and reading a Playboy. I have photos, but it was with a 35mm camera, and I don't have access to a scanner to post them here. The room was immaculate in my case, though.

Does anyone find it odd that this person has only been a memeber since this month and already knows what OKW, BWV, CAST MEMEBER, DDE, DS11 AND DD14 means!!! Before I came to the DIS I would not have know what theses abbreviations were, nor would I have learned them within a few days!! I find it odd that the OP has learned this lingo so quick.

Maybe this is someone who has another user name here? ;)

Frogs, lizards, spiders, golf balls, and now cats! OKW really is falling apart! Maybe everyone should stay away and go somewhere else. Then I won't have any problem getting my villas.

cstraub said:
Does anyone find it odd that this person has only been a memeber since this month and already knows what OKW, BWV, CAST MEMEBER, DDE, DS11 AND DD14 means!!! Before I came to the DIS I would not have know what theses abbreviations were, nor would I have learned them within a few days!! I find it odd that the OP has learned this lingo so quick.

Maybe not. I lurked here for months before I actually joined. Also, some of these abbreviations are common on many message boards, not just the DIS.

Hi :wave: My name on these boards is also grumpy's wife. Is there a way for me to change my name without starting over. I don't like the fact that someone else is using the same name with not so positive posts. Thanks for any info.

I guess on a board with so many Disney lovers, we are going to have duplicates (or similar enough to be duplicates). Don't sweat it Grumpy's Wife. I don't think that people will even associate you with the other one.

(for me - I see avatars and associate them with the poster much more quickly than the name itself....I suppose I am probably a different sort of thinker).

Also, I am hoping that the OP will send those pictures to someone like Caskbill and we can see them. Maybe they aren't a troll (there are many lurkers here - I just like to blab lol so I don't lurk) and hopefully will get this resolved. I am sure many of us are so skeptical because we have never had things like this happen and lets face it, we get overprotective.

I am still curious if this person is a new DVC member, rented points or booked a room through CRO.

cstraub said:

I want to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. After waiting all day until 5:30p to be told our BWV 1Br was finally clean we found a naked baby! and the rest of her family who had not checked out.

Grumpy's Wife said:
Hi :wave: My name on these boards is also grumpy's wife. Is there a way for me to change my name without starting over. I don't like the fact that someone else is using the same name with not so positive posts. Thanks for any info.

No way I'd ever confuse you with the other one...you are the Grumpy's Wife from down in Arabi to me...like where they caught the crawfish in the 12 Yats of Christmas song! (For you non-New Orleanians, The 12 Yats of Christmas is a funny local song they play every Xmas around here. "Yats" are people who say "Where Y'at?" as a greeting, kind of like "How are you?" In the song instead of "and a partridge in a pear tree", they sing "and a crawfish they caught in Arabi." That's all for your New Orleans culture lesson of the day. :) )

CaskBill, stop staring a the poster of the women and post the pics of the room. :)

I sent photos to Caskbill yesterday. He seems to think I may have
"planted" the pinup myself. Now theres a sick thought. And what would I gain by that?
He was right about Disney monitoring these boards. After no response to my call or email for five days I received a call from a DVC manager last PM who listened to my concerns. She offered to "look out" for me on my next trip which is already scheduled but I told her I did not want anything and wouldn't tell her where or when I am going or staying.
My original reason for posting on these boards was to share my experience in case any others had similar and to find a way to actually speak with someone at DVC. Perhaps this was a mistake. But maybe not, as only a handful of the over 1500 who read the post had something nasty or sarcastic to reply.
To answer the skeptics, I am a DVC member who stayed on points. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this. Since I pay significant maintenance fees I feel I had a reasonable concern. Obviously some have lower standards.
As far as the DIS goes I first looked at these boards last winter. When I planned a last minute trip in July I looked to the DIS to get current info and found it helpful. One doesn't need to be a Mensa member to decipher the abbreviations. Posting photos is something else again.

grumpyswife said:
"planted" the pinup myself. Now theres a sick thought. And what would I gain by that?
He was right about Disney monitoring these boards. After no response to my call or email for five days I received a call from a DVC manager last PM who listened to my concerns. She offered to "look out" for me on my next trip which is already scheduled but I told her I did not want anything and wouldn't tell her where or when I am going or staying.
My original reason for posting on these boards was to share my experience in case any others had similar and to find a way to actually speak with someone at DVC. Perhaps this was a mistake. But maybe not, as only a handful of the over 1500 who read the post had something nasty or sarcastic to reply.
To answer the skeptics, I am a DVC member who stayed on points. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this. Since I pay significant maintenance fees I feel I had a reasonable concern. Obviously some have lower standards.
As far as the DIS goes I first looked at these boards last winter. When I planned a last minute trip in July I looked to the DIS to get current info and found it helpful. One doesn't need to be a Mensa member to decipher the abbreviations. Posting photos is something else again.

I am glad you were able to voice your concerns to someone and they listened. Keep monitoring the boards here and you will realize that your experience is far from typical. I hope your next trip is much better and that you find pixie dust and not anything else in your rooms! :wizard:

Also, as someone else posted, with you having something negative to say on your first few posts, it is quite hard for most of us to believe because there are so many "trolls" on these boards that start threads under a new name just to cause trouble. Stick around and post more. We welcome all legit imput!

cstraub said:

I have no idea about whether the poster is legit and until proven otherwise I really have no reason to doubt them.

But I wanted to respond to cstraub's post about learning the lingo.

1. Someone may have been a long time reader of the boards before ever posting and so they do know the lingo.

2. Those abbreviations such as dd, ds are very common on message boards and not unique to this one. As far as the other abbreviations related to Disney they really aren't that difficult to decipher especially with some knowledge of Disney and/or familar with msg boards in general. When I first came to these boards and it was just in Feburary I had no problem picking up the lingo because I am familar with message boards and understand that almost everything is abbreviated.

Well, for other lurkers who may someday be first-time posters with complaints, perhaps there are a few lessons here:

1. Title your post in a way that is not going to be interpreted as sarcastic or argumentative.

2. Tell us why you're posting...don't assume we'll know. Grumpy's Wife, you didn't ask us how to contact management...I for one had no idea why you posted your message.

3. If you had good as well as bad experience, consider writing a balanced post. We'd also like to hear about the great time you had a BWV...

grumpyswife said:
I think you misinterpreted my e-mail response to you. I never said I thought you 'planted' the pinup yourself, but that I was concerned that without having other supporting photos, the photos you send could be misinterpreted by any number of people as a 'plant'.

You sent me 3-photos, (1) a stain on the floor, (2) a medium shot showing the poster on the wall, (3) a close-up shot of the poster. You didn't send anything showing the cigarette butts on the patio, the beer in the fridge, cigarettes in the cabinet, dirty towels, or dirty items in the dishwasher. In other words nothing that illustrates the general condition of the unit.

Since the 'pinup' was just quickly put on, I was concerned that the photo might still be open for interpretation as to how it got there, and was concerned it might not support your case as intended.

Note: The poster wasn't sure about the e-mails going through and actually sent them three different times.

Here's the message I sent you.
Hi, I received the photos OK, actually got them all 3 times.

Do you have photos of the other items, the refrigerator, cigarette butts on the balcony, cigarettes in the closet, etc., or just general photos showing the condition of the room.

The playmate centerfold is just stuck to the coat hooks on the door, and could come across as a plant or hoax rather than the condition of the room as you found it. The stains on the floor could be unconvincing. It would help if you had some other photos that illustrate what you said in your original post.

Bill

If you send me some other photos, I'll include them. Otherwise I'll just post two of the ones you sent (after some required editing). I'll omit the closeup photo of the pinup since it serves no additional purpose since that's the only thing in the photo.

I feel sorry for housekeeping - we work pretty hard to leave our room in "human" condition. I'm glad I've never checked into a room that hasn't been cleaned yet - i think it would depress the ___ out of me to see how some people treat DVC properties.

While we're waiting for Caskbill to post the pix, I do think it is possible for the OP (or anyone) to be assigned a room that was mistakenly marked in the computer as available by housekeeping. But, if I was issued such a room, I personally don't think I would whip out a camera and start shooting pictures. I'd have figured that an error occured and then would return immediately to the front desk to explain the situation...especially if there were items left in the room by previous occupants. As far as the double billing by Ohana's...it also could have happened...which is why I usually use the room keys to charge, then check my bill carefully before check out so any dispute can be noted and handled immediately. It is also a shame that the CM at Olivia's "upped" the tip by $10, but it may or may not have been on purpose, it is easy to hit a wrong key...but it is unfortunate that all of these things happen to the same guest on the same trip. There are many, many of us members that have no or very minor problems during our stays, having been going to OKW at least 2x a year, often 3x a year since the resort opened, I certainly find the OPs experiences to not be the norm.

Thie afternoon I received a phone call from a DVC manager to followup on Linda Mitchell's call form OKW last night. She told me that they are taking this very seriously and are checking "lock programs" whatever that means.She called to offer free tickets for my trip which I declined. As far as I'm concerned this topic is dead. DVC is now aware of what happened at a high level and as far as the DIS everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Anyway I'll will take Tamar's advice and make a positive post later today or tommorow. I titled this one after reading the one before about "crabby" employees at OKW and was not familiar enough to realize that hte seguence changes with replies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter