"crabby" employees better than stupid or lazy

grumpyswife

Earning My Ears
We returned last week from nine days at BWV and OKW. BWV was beautiful with terrific and friendly cast members. Hence our disappointment with OKW.
We checked in in AM and were told 2BR was ready in building 33. This is what we found:
dirty towels in hall closet
dirty utensils in dishwasher
beer and unfinished drinks in refrigerator
cigarettes in cabinet
patio looked like an ash tray
very sticky kitchen floor
This is what DS(11) and DD(14) found in master bath:
?blood spots on floor
Large photo of naked woman taped to wall
We tried to call a manager and were told by front desk that there was no manager there on a Sunday morning. They had us speak to "Ed" who said he would send housekeeping supervisor. We didn't wee anyone for 30 minutes so I called Ed again. This time he sent a college intern with new keys to another 2BR in bdg. 33 which was in good condition. This young girl was quite embarassed and we requested to hear from the resort manager during the week but never did. I sent an email from home on Sun. but have not received a response. I have photos of this mess which I may send to the NYTimes travel reporter if they don't get back to me.
We had dinner at Olivia's one night. Service was terrible but the worst was on checking AmEx account there was a discrepancy and it turned out that the server had increased his tip by $10.00. This is really why I want to get in touch with manager now. Charges need to be checked carefully- we also noted That Ohana charged our account twice, before and after DDE.

Oh my.

grumpyswife said:
We returned last week from nine days at BWV and OKW. BWV was beautiful with terrific and friendly cast members. Hence our disappointment with OKW.
We checked in in AM and were told 2BR was ready in building 33. This is what we found:
dirty towels in hall closet
dirty utensils in dishwasher
beer and unfinished drinks in refrigerator
cigarettes in cabinet
patio looked like an ash tray
very sticky kitchen floor
This is what DS(11) and DD(14) found in master bath:
?blood spots on floor
Large photo of naked woman taped to wall
We tried to call a manager and were told by front desk that there was no manager there on a Sunday morning. They had us speak to "Ed" who said he would send housekeeping supervisor. We didn't wee anyone for 30 minutes so I called Ed again. This time he sent a college intern with new keys to another 2BR in bdg. 33 which was in good condition. This young girl was quite embarassed and we requested to hear from the resort manager during the week but never did. I sent an email from home on Sun. but have not received a response. I have photos of this mess which I may send to the NYTimes travel reporter if they don't get back to me.
We had dinner at Olivia's one night. Service was terrible but the worst was on checking AmEx account there was a discrepancy and it turned out that the server had increased his tip by $10.00. This is really why I want to get in touch with manager now. Charges need to be checked carefully- we also noted That Ohana charged our account twice, before and after DDE.

I was believing this person until I got to the part where there was a picture of a naked woman taped to the wall :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Uh, oh, I think this means I fed a troll for replying (whoops).

I'm sorry, but I find this post by grumpyswife to be a bit unbelievable. I've been to WDW many times in the past years (4-5 times per year), friends have stayed at OKW many times in the past years, I've read the boards daily for the past couple of years and have never heard of a complaint like this before. I have heard of rooms being messy, but beer and pictures of naked women!!! Hopefully it was Minnie.
No restaurant allows waiter staff to boost tips, that's the best way to get fired. Double billing can occure, but is always corrected immediately, that's why your bill is presented before checkout.
This is the first post for this individual and they just signed up to the board in August. I think that more credibility is needed here before this is taken seriously.

Hey, what's not to believe? If I walked into a room I'd just been assigned (in the morning, no less) and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned, I'd go peeking in the dishwasher and send the kids in to inspect the master bathroom.

I'd never just go back to the front desk and let them know the room was not cleaned yet, and request a room that had been cleaned. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Where's the crabby, stupid, and lazy part? Sounds like the dwarfs Snow White never got to meet. :teeth:

me thinks a troll lurks about....
troll.gif

OK, I'm certain there are people who smoke cigarettes and drink beer while staying at a DVC resort. And maybe even hang a picture on the wall.

But I find it hard to believe that those same people would leave their packs of cigarettes in the cabinets, their extra beer in the refrigerator, and their 'artwork' hanging on the wall, all behind them and vacate the room. Very unlikely. Why wouldn't they take it with them?

I know a few smokers, and I can't think of one of them who would leave their cigarettes behind when checking out of a hotel room.

I smell troll also. Easy to prove us all wrong of course. Just post one of those photos you took, here on the DIS.

So basically what you're telling us is that housekeeping made a mistake in telling the front desk that the room was ready for occupancy and then the resort responded appropriately (but perhaps not quite as fast as you would have liked) by moving you to a new room. So what's the beef? I appreciate you taking the extra effort of recently joining the DIS and making this your 2nd post. I wish more WDW customers would take the extra effort of sharing with us when they see a CM do a good job (the Intern).

Now the real question is - what do you want? I take it you're upset because Disney hasn't responded with some type of apology or something.

If true, it would be upsetting and could have maybe been handled with better diplomacy by someone at OKW and Disney dining. But I doubt we're going to see a big "Naked picture found in DVC bathroom!" article in the NYTimes travel section.

DisFlan

Trolls are like the birds at WDW. If you feed them, they cause more trouble.

I told my wife to take her picture down and I knew I left my smokes in the room.

My husband and I checked into OKW on Sun., 8/14. We were moving over from POR. We had a late check out there, but went over to OKW early (10AM) to get checked in and perhaps have our request for a golf course view met. We were pleasantly surprised when we were told our 1 bedroom unit was ready and waiting in bldg. 16. Upon opening the door (with some luggage in hand) we were quite surprised to find the sofa bed linens on the living room floor (sofa bed was pulled out), kitchen in disgusting disarray. I don't need to go any further re: master bath and bedroom. The location was excellent, lower level right on the green so my husband could go out and putt in the evenings. I called the front office, and the woman said she would send housekeeping over immediately, she doesn't understand how this happened. Now I was thinking she was going to tell me that units don't have to be available until 4. But she didn't. When I asked how long she thought it would be, she said they would be there immediately and the unit would be ready in about an hour. OK. Luggage back in car, as we are pulling away, we see a white Disney van pull into our area, 2 housekeepers get out and WE WATCH THEM GO INTO OUR ASSIGNED UNIT. Great, we thought. Back to POR for a swim and to finish packing our belongings there. We arrive back at OKW shortly after 1, open the door, and guess what? NOTHING HAD BEEN TOUCHED!! We were flabbergasted! Back on the phone with the front desk, who doesn't understand what happened, but will transfer me to housekeeping. The woman in housekeeping said yes, they are aware of the problem. First they had to confirm if it was OKW or SSR (makes me think the 2 resorts share some kind of housekeeping computer system). Once OKW was confirmed, she said she was still waiting for front desk to confirm if we were staying in the room or going to another unit. HELLO, what difference did it make? Was the unit not going to be cleaned if we moved? I let her know that moving to another unit was not an option that was offered to us, and we were informed that the unit would be cleaned by noon. She assured us that they would be right over to clean, apologizing left and right. So what did the ladies do going into our room the first time? Just confirm that the room wasn't clean? Back to the car with the luggage we carried in again. We decided to have lunch and go gorocery schoping, hoping the unit would be ready when we returned. We took our time and returned around 3:30 and the unit was indeed done. However, most dshes, glassware, and silverware were still in the dishwasher, and a full load of towels was in the dryer. OKW in our home resort although we haven't stayed there in a while. We have never had this happen at any other resort. I don't know if we'll ever bother to try to check in early again if the situation presents itself. We could have stayed at POR and enjoyed the morning and early afternoon without the hassle of going back and forth. Luckily we had our car and weren't losing time going back and forth on the bus. It was frustrating, but fortunately the rest of the trip was uneventful. We are going again 12/26 with my sister and her family. Hopefully we won't have this problem or any other, as we are constantly raving how wonderful DVC is.

I would actually pay extra for a room with a poster of a naked woman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter